PDA

View Full Version : Mass Exodus At Jetlite

alpha474
16th Apr 2008, 04:55
As if the average pilot at jetlite didnt have enough problems... what with the quality of food served to crew going down, then the hotels being downgraded to shady ones like HHI in kolkatta... and with no clear direction given by the airline management for their progression onto mainstream jet airways, here's another set of wowes on their heads...

recently the ops management, who cant seem be doing anything right at this moment, shoved their career progression circular onto their pilots ... read this... this is damn funny...
CheckPilot Reqirement, min 30 years age, 3000 pic on b737 and 5 years in the company
Instructor Requirement, min age 35 years... 6000 hours PIC on boeing 737 and some 7 years in the company....
examiner requirements.... min age 40 years... 10000 (!!!!) hours pic on boeing 737 and 9-10 years in the company!!!

all over india captains are sent for Check pilot training at company requirement/vacancies with minium 1000hrs PIC and about 1-2 years after that for instructor and after that a couple of years for examiner training. Infact most of the present management became whatever they are following this schedule!
these insane requirements are just a way to have pilots walk out of the airline on their own when they dont see any progression going forward here.
what this will do is that more fresh pilots will be inducted and they all would be trained by a handfull of the current TRE/TRIs (who THEMSELVES DONT HAVE THESE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS!), and since there is a training bonus given in the airline on a per hour basis, this means MORE MONEY to the selected 10 - 12 TRI/TREs. As it is there are not more than 2-3 pilots who meet these requirements for the above posts for the next 1-2 years!

IF THERE IS ANYONE READING THIS THREAD WHO BELONGS TO JET AIRWAYS SENIOR OPS MANAGEMENT....
please tell your company guys that jetlite is loosing highly qualified and dedicated pilots to rival airlines just because of no career progression, neither withing jetlite of within jet airways especially now after this insane circular. Jetlite wouldnt mind someone from jet managing our airline in a professional manner, rather than these "experienced" pilots who run the circus show in jetlite now....

kk pilot
16th Apr 2008, 07:47
Not to add to your frustrations, but those requirements would be on the low side if one were to compare them to the US training/checking environment of major airlines. A 35 yr examiner would be very,very rare in the majors. If India expects to be a first rate aviation country, examiner requirements need a standard experience level. Untill those standards are met within the company by it's own pilots, looking for help elsewhere might be the best answer. As far as a pilot's career progression, a 30 - 35 yr old Chief Pilot, TRE, or any senior "decision-maker" might be perceived to be short on experience regardless of their abilities or potential, thus the older age/more hours requirements by your company don't sound unreasonable - at least to me..With that being said, politics do exist in all organizations, so there will be under-the-table deals done that aren't fair.

Just an opinion!

willfly380
16th Apr 2008, 09:26
Age alone beyond a point should not be used as a yard stick to judge maturity. we can use it is as one ,so long as we remember that its like a drunk who leans against a light pole .. not for enlightment but only for support.

kk pilot
16th Apr 2008, 11:09
no real argument here from a philosophical standpoint - however, age in aviation tends to go hand in hand with experience - an older pilot, typically, is a more experienced pilot - I know I would feel a 35 yr old examiner would lack credibility (in my own estimation) before he ever opens his mouth

alpha474
16th Apr 2008, 12:36
KK pilot, that all sounds good when the top bosses lead from the front, however how do you feel when you have a checkpilot on crj flying in the company at 1000 PIC !!! and instructors who have 3000 hours PIC or thereabout already in the airline!! infact i feel not a single examiner has 10000 hours pic in the airline right now! that is discrimination for sure right?
and when the airline industry like india is growing as we are, we have to invest in the available talent pool and not just halt everything till the cows come home and then start training people for top jobs when their hair turn grey.

Also culturally, in a country like india where hiarchy plays a big role, its tough to relate to a 50 year old pilot whos all into submissive students, and its much easier for a student to learn from a slightly more savvy 35 year old who can teach the student from a more personal point of view....

kk pilot
17th Apr 2008, 00:19
As I said, politics will always play a role. Cultural differences are night and day opposed when compared to the US, I'm sure - I could never hope to come close to understanding Indian (or Asian for that matter) deep culture issues and would not pretend to - just as those individuals could be somewhat lost in a western world. I'm just offering my, a western, perspective - nothing more. One thing is for certain - there will be unfair and frustrating practices in both worlds.

kargokobra
25th Apr 2008, 12:37
On 23rd April 2008 one senior JETLITE instructor pilot was tested positive in pre-flight medical breath analyzer, guess what ,the time was 1200Hrs for a 1225hrs departure.(Shamefull) This same pilot is playing "snakes & ladders" as he was made Check-pilot in 1996 under much debated decision by the then Chief-pilot. Since then he has been moving one step forward & two steps backwards. He has been caught by DGCA violating Duty time , over logging , two improper take-off rejects , breaking one starter-shaft etc etc.He is not only an alcholic but a chain smoker in the cockpit. This is now for senior JETAIRWAYS operations or flight-safety managers to put him under observation, and stop him from doing more serious damage at the cost of an aircraft &/or a few lives. He has been put up for Examinership by the Jetlite training team.
WAKE-UP JETAIRWAYS before it is a little too late.

VIMANMAN
26th Apr 2008, 01:35
Kool
Im also an alcoholic and a chain smoker and also in the job market, I guess with the exodus of pilots @ jetlite it should be real easy for me to get in.
where do I send my resume?:=:=

kargokobra
27th Apr 2008, 09:32
Finally JETAIRWAYS has woken up. News is that they are merging the two, Jetlite into Jetairways.The coo has been shifted back to UK as he could not explain so many pilots leaving Jetlite & joining the rival airlines. Operations head is resigning & and moving to Air-India Expess with a group of 12 pilots. Majority of the pilots are unhappy over the highhandedness of H R Head & his policy. Favouritism is the name of the game. There is no SOP & conditions pretty unsafe. Jet Airways should reassess all the jetlite training captains if they want standards.

alpha474
27th Apr 2008, 10:29
The latest meetings between jetlite and jet airways has got jet wake up to the realities of jetlite.

With the top brass all ready to leave, people do percieve that this will not only reign in the pilots who were leaving en-mass, but also inject new life in the airline (as far as ops is concerned)

Starting monday, the 29th, all jetlite pilots would be reporting to Jet Airways despatch for breifing.

For jet, it would be benificial in giving them economies of scale.

for pilots of jetlite, it will help them mingle with the jet ops policies/pilots/procedures and this marks the way for a full fledged merger of the two ops depts.

The top brass pilots also feel insecure that this will demean their hold over jetlite pilots, as it is believed that very senior and capable Ops. Pros. from Jet are arriving from the month end to steady the ship. also the airline is looking at new uniforms and new airline livery and paintjob.

Let's all hope this is not just an excercise to put OLD "WINE" (..look 2 posts up!....Pun Intended!@!!!!) in a new bottle!!
Lets change the wine itself into a young sprited "non alchoholic" wine in a new smart bottle!!!

kargokobra
14th May 2008, 07:06
Now it is the turn of F/O. About 8 to 10 are resigning any day.Most heading for AIE on NGs.Looks like the ship is finally sinking. Jet managment is still sleeping -design or default.:ugh:no amount of mismanagement has any effect.Total merger seems the only way out.

avy-enthu
24th May 2008, 11:56
Guys you are absolutely right, this company is nothing but a pit full of troubles.To my surprise most of the pilots (including Captains) are going to the competition at a lesser salary. I believe this says all.
The management is not capable of taking any decisions, or may be they are not allowed to. Imagine on a lay-over you are only entitled to eat in Buffets at coffee shops, can't order anything in the room.Doesn't matter even if you reach hotel at 2am at night.
Crew Transport inside the airport are not enough and only airconditioning available is through the ambient air. You are lucky if temprature is 25*C and little unlucky if you are flying in Indian Summers(40 to 45 degrees).

:yuk:.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

goneagain
25th May 2008, 09:16
I left Air Sahara about a year ago before the merger because the airline was a disaster. Looks like nothing has become any better. I thought the procedures were unsafe and the management out of control. No respect for the pilots especially the ex pats. More concerned about cheating me out of a days pay and denying a two Euro expense item than in running a tight ship. Maintenance was a joke. I really liked the use of the Chinese One Euro Torches on board instead of the manufacturers original equipment emergency equipment. If they stopped flying the remaining CRJ fleet they would be doing the aviation world a favor.

EECEPR
30th May 2008, 07:57
So guys if Jelite was such a disaster how was you old CEO:ok:. I am told he is at Cebu Air in the Philippines - so give us some information on him please..............

alpha474
31st May 2008, 03:31
while jetlite is shortly approaching its stickshaker.... jet is busy wondering where is the TOGA switch for their OWN company!~!!:\
it seems their 777-200 a/c was a bad idea. on delhi london it consumes 15 T more than A330 and its running them into the red. its a long hauler being run in short haul by jet!:ugh: they plan to wetlease them.

so it continues to be prayer times for jetlite jocks..... while others are typing resignations as i type post!!!!:ok:

speedtwoten
31st May 2008, 06:07
Hi, how about two Indonesians pilot's there were still expat who's can't go anywhere in the world even in their own country:confused: and the genius training Captain Sumit Kamal Kapur which play a leading in building Air Sahara/JetLite up to the highest standard in India:ok: is he set to be the Dir.Ops. in this Incredible JetLite or appointed as Chief Pilot in Jet Airways????

kargokobra
28th Jun 2008, 18:44
Finally better sense is prevailing.The new VP ops seems to getting control of thing's, seems to have relieased who was working behind the scene & getting all the flights cancelled.The present operations managment is thinking of quitting before they are shown the door.The only hope is in the old-timer Capt. Ghadyally:D who has been deputed to Jetlite to inquire into all the cancellation & disruptions in the flight schedule. News is 3 to 4 flights cancelled every day,reason no crew but most of the managers are sitting in office or at home.