PDA

View Full Version : Qatar

pizza
5th Dec 2001, 03:08
Applied to Qatar Airlines and Gulf Air a few months ago for a LAME position, never heard back. Anyone have any info on the matter????

flygirl28
6th Dec 2001, 18:18
There have been numerous threads lately which have spoken in not so glowing terms about Qatar Airways. I don't know if you are flight deck or cabin crew, either way, i would almost definately steer clear. Qatar itself is a fantastic place to live, friendly expats with a great social scene, unfortunately flying for an airline that have no motivational skills whatsoever means that the minuses far out weigh the pluses. Stick with Gulf or look around that would be my advice, this is one letter i would not be waiting to drop through the letter box.

4HolerPoler
7th Dec 2001, 02:48
I'm afraid I have to concur with the above. I have it on first-hand report that a number of flight-crew who had been recruited over the past few months to join Qatar Airways have recently had their employment cancelled; this after they had resigned from previous employers and, in some cases, already commenced the move to Doha. I have asked those directly concerned to post their experience on this forum as a heads-up to those considering such a move.

G.Khan
7th Dec 2001, 08:16
Pizza - you may want to try GAMCO, a large maintenance organisation, who are based in Abu Dhabi, UAE and do a lot of the Gulf Air maintenance. I believe recruiting at Gulf Air may have slowed up a bit recently as they are getting rid of some aircraft.

Golden Parrot
8th Dec 2001, 14:28
The Airline has seen many changes during the past year with a management revamp and a move to new corporate headquarters, might be your application got lost somewhere...I'm flight deck, but if I can help you with anything let me know. Also QTR is becoming a better place to work, and being a rapidly expanding Airline it offers good oportunities.

hornet
8th Dec 2001, 18:18
Hi Parrot,
unfortunately the Qatar website says there are no flightdeck vacancies tobe filled.
Should i apply anway since you are indicating that they might be expanding ?

thanks !

Golden Parrot
9th Dec 2001, 00:06
Don't take my word for it, but I've been hearing that there are enough crews for now after the last few months of hiring. However more A320s and the new 330s will be coming in the first quarter of next year so there could be a requirement for more crews.

Best of Luck anyhow! :)

3000psi
10th Dec 2001, 01:41
Greetings Pizza & Hornet !
Like Flygirl and 4Holer , I highly sugest you read all the previous posts on qatar airways and think twice before going any further.....
to make it short : don't listen to that G-parrot B*****T , the guy must be blind or he
belong to the "Propaganda staffel " !!!!
or........?!?!?

Pax vobiscum .

Golden Parrot
10th Dec 2001, 19:52
3000 PSI,

While seeing little in my posts to merit being insulted by you, I was merely stating my OWN opinion regarding the current situation at QTR and at the same time trying to offer some help to Pizza. Like I said the company is dynamically evolving and perhaps things have changed since you were last here. I never wanted to offer pointless propaganda and certainly there are better places to work, however I can assure you that myself (and quite a few newly hired expats)are fairly happy with things here.

Best Regards.

3000psi
10th Dec 2001, 22:06
G P don't feel offended.......nothing against you....but the qatari.......never trust them,
unless they decide to get rid of : "Snackbar the Baker " !!!!!

Pax Vobiscum .

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: 3000psi ]

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: 3000psi ]

Tom Cruise
11th Dec 2001, 22:39
well rumours that offers made to people are being withdrawn are definetly pickin up pace...........but then that was a situation that was bound to arise post sept 11. very few companies have managed too not be affected bythe current crisis...... however rumour is that these people will be given a priority on future recruitment........which if it is true is something to be viewed at as a consolation of sorts........Things have definetly improved at Doh with teh snackbar becoming less interfering day by day......and with the airline's expansion plans they will only improve further.
I personally am of the view that things for us expats have improved over the last few months and signs are that they will continue to do so.

vistabena
13th Dec 2001, 11:48
golden parret,
can you please drop me an email. unable to email you.

Cheers vistabena

hornet
15th Dec 2001, 19:40
Golden Parrot -
can you send me an email; I would like to get more gouge on QTR and their requirements.

Thanx!!

Golden Parrot
16th Dec 2001, 00:09
Hornet and Vista, my e-mail address should now appear on my profile (If I can get it to work!) Drop me a line.

A300Man
31st Jul 2002, 19:09
Parrot,

I am trying to e-mail you without success. Can you please notify on the forum if you are still at QR and advise how I can get in contact with you?

Thanks

Gotta-FOnow
6th Aug 2002, 23:57
Golden Parrott

Me thinks you should change your name to the FLYING GOAT what do you think. So you ever gonna leave the gulf:p :p