PDA

View Full Version : Oz jobs

Talon1
15th Apr 2008, 20:12
Seen the ads for Qlink in the local papers. Anyone had a good look at them re salaries, visa's etc. Seems more and more SA guys looking Down Under lately. :ok:

Skystar320
16th Apr 2008, 00:18
Stay away!!!!!!!

phydeaux
16th Apr 2008, 05:49
Ok Skystar320 Why???????

Talon1
16th Apr 2008, 05:56
Stay away from Qlink or stay away from Oz???

VortexGen300
16th Apr 2008, 05:59
Hi

This is just a quick thought -
He probably wants to be there first and the only one applying:D

I mean this guy asked for it by not giving any more info???:=

But from what is written on the different threads it sounds like they might be the Airlink of OZ?

I don't have experience of them but it might always be worthwhile to look into all options - any position that offers one a reasonable salary and the opportunity to live your life in relative safety is worth a shout? And it is more than one can say of South Africa at the moment?

But who am I to say this?

VG300

skychick2
16th Apr 2008, 06:16
Jip,

I agree with VG300.Anything that can provide for you and your family abroad,should not be sniffed at. The majority of South Afrcian pilots are on the''run''..........and for a da$m good reason too.

Trawler
16th Apr 2008, 09:24
Gen that I've got you are looking at about 60K total as F/O on Dash 300 and no DEC. Bases all over the east coast. Working to the max hours because of to littke crew. Saffers used to that. The average Aussie salary according to Aus Goverment stats is 65k so money wise it may be a struggle. it seems that they will assist with 457 visa but you must get your license and yourself there at your own cost. Still a good stepping stone if you are prepared to take the knock.

Talon1
16th Apr 2008, 21:28
Thanks for the gen chaps. Seems Surveillance A. still a better option.
No word from Skystar?????:suspect: