PDA

View Full Version : NetJets Roster/Life/Pay

mid_life_pilot
15th Apr 2008, 19:21
Couple of quick questions regarding NetJets that I would be grateful if anyone out there could answer:

1-Saw on the web F/O's have 6/5 rota - does this mean you are away from home for 6 nights, then back for 5 or just that you might be away from home depending on where the job takes you?

2-Are you paid for the 6 on regardless of whether you're flying for the whole time?

3-Apart from the obviously flying duties the job also seems to involve greasing up the customers - assume the engines on cockpit shut policy doesn't apply or have I misread the details?

All info very welcomed!

Peace.

redsnail
15th Apr 2008, 20:53
1 & 2. You're on a salary. You also get paid 70 Euro per diem whilst on tour. You won't get the per diem if you're on home standby.
You do 6 days on, 5 days at home. Scheduling will do their best to get you home on Day 6. I've only had to extend once due to extenuating circumstances.

3. "Greasing up the passengers"????

There is no cockpit door. They can visit you whenever they want and they often do. Usually at Top of Descent crossing into the London area.

You do load the aircraft. You also offer the owners drinks etc if they want. (and you're not on an aircraft with a FA) Generally, they look after themselves.
You also sort the catering and tidy the aircraft if not at airport with company arranged services. Looking after our owners isn't a chore.

beachbumflyer
15th Apr 2008, 23:12
mid life pilot,
Check Airline Pilot Forums
Under "Major", check "I left Netjets for an airline"

No RYR for me
16th Apr 2008, 08:34
beachbumflyer I think that somebody from Scotland probably thinks about NetJets Europe... :ugh:

I think this is where he should look http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27664&page=75 :8