PDA

View Full Version : Gym's in Cranfield

steggers
15th Apr 2008, 16:50
Does anyone know who is studying at either CATS or Cabair in Cranfield if there is a gym on the airport for students to use? If not, does anyone know of a good gym nearby the airport?

Many Thanks

TRY2FLY
15th Apr 2008, 19:07
Yep, there is one in the CSA (Cranfield students assoc.). Some of the guys on my course go and reckon it's a bit small but not bad.

Shunter
15th Apr 2008, 19:54
Dear me... students of today.

What you want is a PUB :ok:

MasterD
15th Apr 2008, 20:57
lol Shunter that only works out ONE HAND :ok:

Does anyone know how much it costs to join

fantom
15th Apr 2008, 21:34
Gym's what, exactly?

moggiee
15th Apr 2008, 22:51
Maybe Gym is in Cranfield.

Whoever Gym is!

matt_hooks
16th Apr 2008, 09:19
Shunter, you get the best of both worlds, the gym is above the bar! :D

I didn't use it as I live nearby, but a few of the guys did and I think the prices are very reasonable.

I know Cabair students have access, not sure if CATS guys do too. Cabair have an agreement with the SU there which gives their integrated students access to their facilities, you'd need to check with CATS if they have a similar agreement.

Other than that there are loads of gyms nearby in Milton Keynes.

captain_rossco
16th Apr 2008, 15:48
Where to start...

Gym "apostrophe" s ????????????

Yes, drinking only works out one hand, but it sounds likely you'll be making use of the other a fair bit too, got a Mrs?

YELL.COM, interesting site this one, its like The Yellow pages but it's displayed on that bit of glass you're no doubt sat in front of now, either reading this, or making use of that other hand.
It gives a list of all the business types you enter into its search engine and then shows them to you on a local, regional or even national map.

Now, this is the good bit....... Using the SCALE at the bottom of the map and the postcode on which Cranfield currently sits, you'll be able able to deduce quite how far you have to travel in your car/spaceship to get to said Gym.
Amazing I know, just wait till you jump in a 73, apparently whilst flying it, you can momentarily look down to restrap your velcro shoes without the thing falling out of the sky. Fab.

Regards

CR

Supernick
20th Apr 2008, 00:33
Cabair students get to use the gym for 3 months for £50, very reasonable but uts a very basic gym

moggiee
20th Apr 2008, 10:37
I thinks steggers is getting enough exercise running away from the spelling-related banter!

tom_ace
20th Apr 2008, 11:36
what the hell is a gym?!