PDA

View Full Version : need advice from pinoy pilots..help..

fatfranz747
15th Apr 2008, 14:19
Hey guys!

I'm a pilot wannabe and I am looking for flying schools here in the philippines...
I already excluded PAL av school because of my height and I dont have 20/20 vision...also Im not interested in CIA...

Im interested in learning from Gen. Av.. do any of you guys know a good flying school other than Pal av?

tnx guys..:O

Don Vito
15th Apr 2008, 14:28
i'd recommend omni aviation. the founder/owner of that school is a former pilot for PAL. CIA and PAL also use their facilities for flight training so i think they have a good reputation.

im concerned about your height though. how tall are you? afaik, 5'4" is the minimum requirement of airlines. so even if you do obtain a CPL, if the airline has a height requirement, i doubt you'll get hired.

EDIT: i just checked singapore airlines and cathay pacific. SIA requires a height of 1.65 cm or 5'4". cathay on the other hand requires 1.6 cm or 5'3".

fatfranz747
16th Apr 2008, 05:00
Sir Don Vito,

I think my height is from 5'1" - 5'2". I know that there is a small possibility that I will be hired in the airlines. But my friend who happens to be a pilot told me that he knows an airline pilot who happens to be only 5'0" in height. Im 18 years old and still taking up my 4 year degree. I am really determined to be a commercial pilot. Anyway, thanks for the advice! :O

fatfranz747
16th Apr 2008, 05:02
Sir Don Vito,

I think my height is from 5'1" - 5'2". I know that there is a small possibility that I will be hired in the airlines. But my friend who happens to be a pilot told me that he knows an airline pilot who happens to be only 5'0" in height. Im 18 years old and still taking up my 4 year degree. I am really determined to be a commercial pilot and work for the airlines. thanks for the advice! :O

tOOT3r
16th Apr 2008, 07:44
if you want to train here in the u.s specifically california where you gain more experience flying busy airports and land at lots of different airports i think would be better. faa here only requires hs diploma. anyway, depends on your strategy if you want to finish school first. training from zero to cpl is 6-9 months in my school depending on your pacing obviously. costs 38k to 42k dollars including evrything school related except housing. goodluck!