PDA

View Full Version : Flybe/FTE Mentored Airline Pilot Scheme

smithey
15th Apr 2008, 14:19
Hello all,

I was just wondering who has applied to this scheme and also to see if anyone has heard back from posting back their answers?

It would be great to hear from anyone who applied!

Good luck to all!

Andrew

Dan Gwiz
15th Apr 2008, 15:25
Applied and not heard anything since submitting answers...

Can someone let us know when they start hearing back!

Cheers,
Gwiz

smithey
15th Apr 2008, 17:32
Great, its good to hear that! I was sure that we would hear back by now! Hopefully soon.

Does anyone know what will be included at stage 3? I'm thinking, some sort of aptitude testing then a personal interview. Any thoughts?

Andrew

General Zod
16th Apr 2008, 12:42
Looks like we're all in the same boat. Answers sent back about 10 days ago and not heard a peep since......

Bungles
18th Apr 2008, 12:59
Sent mine in on the 30th March, haven't heard anything yet.

-LoneWolf-
18th Apr 2008, 13:26
I've also applied and haven't heard anything yet. Glad it's not just me.

Martyn hobbs
21st Apr 2008, 10:25
The start of a new week, maybe FTE will enlighten people today! :ok:

smithey
21st Apr 2008, 10:43
Hopefully they will! I was sure I would of heard by now, as its only next week when the next stage is! :eek:

Bungles
21st Apr 2008, 11:37
I went to the Flyer pilot show on saturday, asked a lady on the FTE stand when we will hear and she reckoned today.

smithey
21st Apr 2008, 15:33
So how many people do you think applied to this scheme? and how many do you think they will send through to the next stage? I heard somewhere they are looking for 10 cadets.

Lets hope something is heard by the end of today then!

General Zod
22nd Apr 2008, 13:24
Just got an email from them now.

Down to Exeter next week (30th) for Stage 3

Phew!

smithey
22nd Apr 2008, 13:35
Yup me too! Im also down to exceter for the 30th! How are you planning on getting down there. Im currently in liverpool, so im thinking of taking the train on tuesday!

Well done!

General Zod
22nd Apr 2008, 13:55
I'm travelling from Glasgow, so will fly down the night before then back up at 6pm on the 30th.

Trying to source somewhere to stay, near the airport, at the moment.

Well in!

smithey
22nd Apr 2008, 14:08
Great! Well ive found two hotels, holiday inn and Best Western Gipsy Hill Hotel, both relativly close! It might be a good idea to stay in the same place. Gain a freindly face! PM me if you want.

Belfastmikey
22nd Apr 2008, 16:51
Hi all,

Just been informed I have to go for the initial skills assessment. I have seen some of you are talking about stage 3. Just wondering if any of you could tell me about what was involved in the first number of stages, and also how many people ( approx. ) are involved in the first stages!? Good luck to all heading down south!:ok:

smithey
22nd Apr 2008, 16:57
Stage 1 is the initial form on the Flight Training Europe web site
Stage 2 is the questions they send you back to answer in 2 days

If you have already done that and succeeded then you are through to stage 3!

Have you applied to the Flybe mentored airline scheme?

Belfastmikey
22nd Apr 2008, 17:06
I applied yesterday, and recieved an e-mail today, explaining the next stage, which was to attend a skills assessment day in Ireland. I have to e-mail the dates that suit. They informed me of the cost of the days test's and what documents I needed to bring with me. I would just like to know, if it is a very general thing, to be selected for this stage!? Or indeed, what stage of the process I am at!

Irish_Stu
22nd Apr 2008, 17:12
I think you're talking about the PTC/Flybe cadet scheme Mikey and not the FTE/Flybe one... Two different flight schools.

Stu

smithey
22nd Apr 2008, 17:15
I was going to say! I was getting very confused!

But thats solved it!

Belfastmikey
22nd Apr 2008, 17:43
I see. Thanks for clearig that up! Again, good luck.

high_fly
22nd Apr 2008, 20:42
Hey guys well done, i am in too on 30th!! Thinking of coming down night before, holiday inn sounds good!cheers

Dan Gwiz
23rd Apr 2008, 10:44
Anyone still not heard back yet?

-LoneWolf-
23rd Apr 2008, 11:05
I'm still waiting for a reply.

Martyn hobbs
23rd Apr 2008, 12:23
I'm waiting to, not looking good!

olioli
23rd Apr 2008, 13:21
Martyn, you should be working on your project, not online with your head in the clouds:E

Bungles
23rd Apr 2008, 14:08
Nope I haven't heard yet. Getting a bit worried:(

eightyeightmph
23rd Apr 2008, 20:15
Got my call back yesterday, also for the 30th. Not alot of time to prepare but guess if you don't know it by now etc. etc.

Travelling down from the midlands, probably in the morning as I'm not due until 12.15pm

Anyone read up on any useful pointers from previous candiates??

Oh & hey! Have been reading pprune for years but only just joined!:ok:

-LoneWolf-
25th Apr 2008, 12:53
Just to give you all a heads up. I called FTE this morning and they said that I should have an answer on Monday.

antonov225
25th Apr 2008, 13:48
Hi, I've been watchin this thread for a while to see if anyone else has been notified. I'm still waiting, and tried getting info from fte a few times today but whoever deals with it was busy every time.

I don't think it looks good considering that the next phase would be thurdsay at the latest but when you got to talk to them did they indicate that there is still a chance of being selected or is monday a day to tell everyone else hard luck?

-LoneWolf-
25th Apr 2008, 14:24
When I spoke to them they didn't indicate to me whether there was still a chance that I would be selected or not. I just asked when I would find out... Sorry that's not too helpful. If you call them again, ask to speak to Mary-Jo. She's in charge of the Flybe applications apparently. I'm just going to have a good weekend and keep on thinking positively. It's all I can do for now.

antonov225
25th Apr 2008, 14:29
yeah I tried to get Mary Jo but wasn't successful this morning, I was told she was on the phone (probably to you!). I was just wondering if they had given any other information or hints but I'll just follow your plan and forget about it until monday. It would be pretty short notice if they invited us then, but we can still hope!

-LoneWolf-
28th Apr 2008, 12:36
I got an e-mail this morning saying that I hadn't been successful. Hey ho. Congratulations to all those who were successful and good luck for the next stage. I'll be joining you in Jerez a bit later now, most likely September.

Bungles
28th Apr 2008, 19:52
They don't want me either! Mega gutted!!! :( For all the guys that got through, well done! :ok:

paulg85
15th May 2008, 09:05
Hello all, just seeing if anybody got thru to phase4 of MAPS, attended at exeter on the 29th April? I just got the e-mail that they didnt want me for phase 4 so hope the rest of you guys did well!! Good luck for the future. Paul

smithey
15th May 2008, 11:05
Hey,

Unlucky Paul congrats on getting to stage 3 though and I'm sure there are other schemes like this in the future!

I'm very pleased to say that I have got through to stage 4! I received a letter Saturday morning direct from FlyBe. My interview is on the 22nd. I attended stage 3 on the 30th April.

It would be great to hear how everyone else got on!

Andy

paulg85
15th May 2008, 12:20
Well done Andy, i wish you good luck for phase 4! Im going self sponsored to oxford instead now, start in july! Good luck to the rest of you guys that got thru to stage 4. Guess im not flybe/FTE material :rolleyes:

eightyeightmph
21st May 2008, 07:35
Same as Andy for me, I attended on the 30th & have been asked to make a return visit on the 22nd (tomorrow!).

Don't really know what to expect as the letter didn't give any info. other than an interview with Flybe! Should be interesting though! :ok:

eightyeightmph
22nd May 2008, 19:47
Well that's the interview out the way, will hear from them tomorrow s'arvo...

Time's slowed down for sure! :bored:

Sam.
22nd May 2008, 20:27
Good Luck Mate!

Keep us updated! :}

Martyn hobbs
23rd May 2008, 20:32
Hi guys and gals, I hope that everyone that went to phase four did well.

I am happy to say I got a place on the Flybe scheme today.

For the people that may not have got it- Keep on going, I've had my fair share of knockbacks along the way (So far), just keep your head up and keep on trying, something good WILL come.

Now its time for the hard work for me!!

eightyeightmph
3rd Jun 2008, 11:48
No joy for me (thanks for the +ive's though Sam) but FTE where straight on the phone to invite me down to Jerez anyway. Got an interview Monday so fingers crossed.

Was a bit bummed about the Flybe interview, got a call back the next day to be told I was 'too confident' in the interview but was number 8 from the 7 they took on!! :confused:

Still, onwards & upwards, if FTE comes through I may still end up with an offer from Flybe later on!! :ok:

Oh, & well done Martyn! Good on you & best of luck! :D