PDA

View Full Version : Essendon Airport Charges.

nomorecatering
15th Apr 2008, 09:36
Anyone else getting invoices for PILS where a missed approach is flown at or above the minima.

Charging $10 landing fee for each overshoot as stated on the invoice.

Note: This is not from Airservices.

Can someone charge a landing fee when we didnt land?

Capt Wally
15th Apr 2008, 09:39
This is how the 'rich' get richer, I think yr being "outfoxed" !:bored:

CW

Oldmate
15th Apr 2008, 10:21
Read their landing charges today, and it is $15 if you touch the ground, $10 if you don't for training flights. Seems there are no controls on how much these people can rip us off.

schoolboy
15th Apr 2008, 11:07
Well now we know how Lindsay gets his money! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last month it was $49.40 incl. GST for a Bongo Van landing at Essendon. Outrageous charges!

But why stop there. There are many more airports that are charging the same high prices, and some that charge prices that don't really reflect correctly on usage.

For instance, I land my C150 at Palm Island and the Palm Island Council charge me $10.00. Then I fly there in my PC12 (I wish) and pay the same rate
$10.00 rate. At odds don't you think?

So lets then fly over in the Party Bus. Straight up $25.00. Seems reasonable dosn't it? But, I could have landed there in a Dash 8 for the same $25.00.

Where is the parity? There is none, and it seems nobody in government cares about the rip offs, and how it affects operators and/or students at any airports.

It will only get worse as these airports slip to private operators and money grabbing councils! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jabawocky
15th Apr 2008, 11:11
Palm Island (Qld).....:eek: You are kidding right!

Charging you $100 is more appropriate, it should discourage you from going there!

J:E

VH-XXX
15th Apr 2008, 11:27
$49.50, not bad if that was the total price... all up it costs $40 to land even a 700KG Jabiru at Essendon including airservices of around $7 and the $30+GST "landing fee."

Bevan666
15th Apr 2008, 11:38
Essendon charge me $33 for every landing, but they dont charge me for parking. My aircraft is based there. I live 10 minutes away. The overall charges are cheaper than Moorabbin, which is my next closest airport.

I no complain!

Bevan..

VH-XXX
15th Apr 2008, 13:09
That's $33 + minimum $7 for airservices !

Bevan666
15th Apr 2008, 21:04
Tower charge at essendon and mb are the same. I am just comparing what the airport charge for landing and parking.

Bevan..

Capt Wally
16th Apr 2008, 00:00
The charges are based on a commercial venture, one that I believe DOES NOT inc an airport down the track! Keep the charges high & slowly disscourage aviation. Think about it,in 10 yrs time ESS land will be worth a lot more than it being used to land a few corporate planes & the rich pvt ops !! Mark my words, it may not happen now but it will happen !

The 'rich' don't get that way by being sweet, inocent & giving things away! Notice the nice people in aviation, their almost poor!

CW

training wheels
16th Apr 2008, 01:11
Landing fees I can understand .. the runway and taxi way surface needs to be maintained, the grass kept, and the bloody hares/rabbits that frolic in the grass at EN must be fed. :E

But, pay for an overshoot? WTF? What's the reason for that? Next thing we know, Lindsay will have us pay for breathing the air at EN! :rolleyes:

Wanderin_dave
16th Apr 2008, 03:51
Why not pay for an overshoot? Seems fair to me.
I'm not gonna argue that the costs seem high, but that ILS you're using would cost money to install and maintain.

John Eacott
16th Apr 2008, 06:17
The charges for approaches at all Victorian airports was part of the dear old State Government legislation introduced January 2004, sponsored by Bracks, allowing private airports to charge for approaches. Never mind that they don't own or control the airspace, that's what Bracks put through Parliament, and hardly a soul objected.

Airport Landing Fees Act (http://www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au/domino/Web_Notes/LDMS/PubPDocs_Arch.nsf/ee665e366dcb6cb0ca256da400837f6b/33E4BEA208106156CA2570D700196257/$FILE/551082bi1.pdf): note the para 6e:

6. Aerodrome operator may fix a fee
(1) An aerodrome operator may fix a fee in relation to that aerodrome for any or all of the following—
(a) arrival of an aircraft;
(b) departure of an aircraft;
(c) parking an aircraft;
(d) a training flight approach;
(e) the carrying out of an activity, or the provision of a service, directly related to the arrival, departure, parking or training flight approach of an aircraft;

Hansard report 1 (http://tex2.parliament.vic.gov.au/bin/texhtmlt?form=VicHansard.one&house=ASSEMBLY%0A&pageno=503&date1=17&date2=September&date3=2003&speech=25877&title=AERODROME+LANDING+FEES+BILL%0A&db=hansard91&query=(+data+contains+'MUNT'+)+and+(+members+contains+'MUNT' +)) and Hansard Report 2 (http://tex2.parliament.vic.gov.au/bin/texhtmlt?form=VicHansard.one&house=ASSEMBLY%0A&pageno=512&date1=17&date2=September&date3=2003&speech=25877&title=AERODROME+LANDING+FEES+BILL%0A&db=hansard91&query=(+data+contains+'MUNT'+)+and+(+members+contains+'MUNT' +)) give some insight into the debate, but the industry was effectively shut out of the consultation (or lack of).

training wheels
16th Apr 2008, 06:45
Ok, then it's only a matter of time before everyone starts paying parking fees as well at EN.

BTW, who owns/maintains the ILS at EN? Air Services Australia or Lindsay?

John Eacott
16th Apr 2008, 10:45
Ok, then it's only a matter of time before everyone starts paying parking fees as well at EN.

Essendon Airport Aeronautical Fees: (http://www.essendonairport.com.au/18/operations/more-information/aeronautical-fees/6/more-info.aspx)

Parking Fee

A fee for parking of a:

Fixed wing aircraft with a maximum take-off weight under 5,000 kilograms, of $10.00 (plus GST) per day; and

Fixed wing aircraft with a maximum take-off weight under 5,000 kilograms or more, of $50.00 (plus GST) per day; and

Rotary wing aircraft of $50.00 (plus GST) per day.

These parking fees will apply to all aircraft parking at Essendon Airport, unless the free parking criteria as outlined in section 5 of this Schedule applies.

Section 5:

5 Fees are payable for the parking of aircraft at Essendon Airport. However, no parking fee is payable in any 3 consecutive month period during a calendar year for an aircraft that averages 1 arrival and 1 take-off per month in that 3 consecutive month period.

$50 per day for a helicopter, regardless of size :confused: :eek:

I notice in the Act that these charges/changes in charges must be Gazetted before they can be effective. I wonder whether that has been complied with?

If an aerodrome operator fixes a fee under this section, a notice setting out the fee must be published in the Government Gazette and in—
(a) a daily newspaper circulating generally in the State; or
(b) a periodical publication prescribed by the regulations.