PDA

View Full Version : Any rotary jobs in Dubai ?

kloten
24th Nov 2001, 23:59
I am an ex military ( Army ) helicopter pilot with 9600 hrs total time,43 years old,currently operating a twin Squirrel and have 5000 hrs on type but no instrument rating. I am interested to know if there are any rotary jobs with long term prospects in Dubai or anywhere else in the UAE.I am more than happy to fund the IR if necassary.

HelosRfun
30th Nov 2001, 02:35
kloten,

Get your IR knocked out, then do the ATPL(H) or you don't have a prayer to obtain work in the U.A.E. They do not consider pilots that are not ATP. Sorry, but it's a simple as that. Same story with Saudi Arabia.

kloten
2nd Dec 2001, 02:51
HelosRfun thanks for the reply, i forgot to mention i have a CAA ATPL (H) and have had it for 10 years just no IR as yet. Does that make a difference and could you give me any contacts? thanks

HelosRfun
3rd Dec 2001, 07:02
There is Aerogulf Services Co. (LLC)
P.O. Box 10577
Dubai, UAE
I think the FAX is 971-4-823028.
I talked with one of the pilots working there recently. I don't believe they are hiring, + pay is relatively low considering the area, + full time (year round) no rotational work!
Is your CAA ATPL(H) limited to VFR only? FAA issues something similar. Basically, it's useless without having the "VFR" restriction removed. Only way to do that is take the full ride to include all the instrument work. I can't imagine you would use it much in that part of the world, but I'm sure it's a company policy/requirement.