PDA

View Full Version : Muscat FIR RT Frequencies

Globetrekker
14th Apr 2008, 17:53
To all of the pilots out there that fly through the Muscat FIR.

The RTF equipment we are using is well past it's used by date. I am sure many of you flying through have experienced the very substandard quality of our frequencies. It also needs to be pointed out that we do not have any alternate frequencies, and more often than not we operate on Standby Tx/Rx's as the Mains fail. The last several days we have not been able to talk with anyone in the entire southern half of the FIR due to equipment failures.

We have been logging Safety Reports and complaints with Management for years to no avail. With traffic growing as it is, the airspace is becoming very congested during certain times of the day. This aside it only takes 2 airplanes and no frequencies to end in disaster. The situation is becoming very unsafe. We are repeating clearances numerous times as we are unable to hear your readbacks, and you are not able hear us either, this increases workload further and detracts from the core task of seperating you.

In order to try and get the situation resolved please file reports with the Director General of Met and Air Navigation when you experience substandard comms with us. As I have said we have tried and tried to no avail. Your support may trigger a response. This is all in an attempt to improve safety which is paramount wherever one works. We need the right tools to look after you. Thanks for you help and Safe flying

PositiveRate876
15th Apr 2008, 19:11
Never had any R/T problems in your FIR.

And relatively speaking, 60% of the FIRs I fly on a regular basis have worse R/T than OOMM.

At least you have full coverage and the controllers speak English. :ok:

outboundjetsetter
16th Apr 2008, 13:36
Hear u loud and clear this time.. roger wilco, next time in flying deaf for an hour or so across your airspace ill be sure to file the appropriate paper work to make things more safe and ease your job! .