PDA

View Full Version : SilverJet Second Officer Recruitment????

Dihaz
14th Apr 2008, 15:05
Silverjet have this recruitment going on for Second Officers but you have to have a 757?767 Rating??? Wheres the sense in that!!! Why would someone with a rating already want to become a second officer when he can get a first officer job elsewhere!!
They should have a SSTR scheme for second officers, that would seem much more sensible and its feasable.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL SILVERJET TO SORT THEMSELVES OUT!!

coodem
14th Apr 2008, 16:22
I have a friend who went for an interview and was offered a job. He has a 757 type rating with about 100 hours. As I understood it, the offer was for a relief pilot. He reckoned he would be stuck with that for 1-2 years.

I was under the impression they were after pilots with 300-500 hours jet time. That was a few months ago, so anything could have changed since then

No Country Members
14th Apr 2008, 16:31
Don't worry, it sounds as though the now boring global credit crunch will do away with this loss making company, unless a buyer can be found or merger agreed:

http://www.iht.com/articles/reuters/2008/04/10/business/OUKBS-UK-SILVERJET.php

Dihaz
14th Apr 2008, 17:21
They guarantee you first officer within two years of being a second officer.

coodem
14th Apr 2008, 18:39
Thats if they are still about in 2 years

Dihaz
14th Apr 2008, 19:00
yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)))

potkettleblack
15th Apr 2008, 10:55
People move around companies for as many reasons as there are days in the year.

You may think that being a cruise relief pilot is bad but I can assure you that there are a lot worse jobs out there. It wasn't so long ago when peeps were leaving Easyjet and FR to head off to Cathay to do exactly the same thing. These were people with thousands of hours of JET experience in the RHS and not far off command either. But the lure of longhaul and flying heavy metal coupled with BA & Virgin not recruiting sent them off to HKG to sit on the jumpseat for a few years before being made up again to F/O.

Also lets not forget that there are now 42 member countries in the "JAA T" potentially all holding the same licences that could be competing for those jobs at Silverjet. It is a very different aviation world in parts of Europe outside of the UK and Ireland.