PDA

View Full Version : AFAP?

MACH082
14th Apr 2008, 10:23
Whats the story folks with the Friday Job Ads? Seems they are getting later and later and yet later still. last Fridays are still not up. I thought it may have been their way of saying they needed sponsorship of the site as their manpower was lacking, however PATS are now a sponsor.

Might have to buy the Australian in future!

VH-XXX
14th Apr 2008, 13:32
It's EXCELLENT for a FREE service to members and NON-members. Quit complaining!

PlankBlender
14th Apr 2008, 14:10
One would think that now the job page is sponsored, the service should improve, not decline from previous standards :=

strange indeed.. ads with missing phone numbers, incomplete ads, all within the last few weeks.. this is a rumor network, so I'll just put it out there that the new intern transcribing the ads has a substance abuse problem he's discussing on another thread here :E

RENURPP
14th Apr 2008, 21:31
It's EXCELLENT for a FREE service to members and NON-members. Quit complaining!
For an extravagant membership fee it is the only service they provide.

It simply highlights their ability to complete a task! They don;t have any.

Stationair8
14th Apr 2008, 21:43
Obviously you must be a very active AFAP member RENURPP, or one those members sits back and bitches and whinges.

Bet you don't have the balls to give Lawrie Cox a ring and discuss AFAP issues that concern you or your fellow employees?

RENURPP
15th Apr 2008, 00:05
I was a member.
The AFAP did absolutely nothing for us.
As for doing nothing, not quite...........
On mass we joined the TWU and achieved what your mate Lawrie said was "fairies in the garden" stuff. The Pilots along with the TWU achieved their goal. AFAP wasn't in sight.

I wouldn't waist a phone call with Lawrie I am afraid.

Kelly Slater
15th Apr 2008, 00:08
Windy used to put them up for free without asking for anything in return but then he stopped. I assume that he was made to stop by someone unless he just got sick of it but I don't know for sure.

Mr. Hat
15th Apr 2008, 00:50
maybe there aren't any new jobs going this week....?

MACH082
15th Apr 2008, 01:55
Still not up. For those fellas that live remote and dont have access to the Australian, they will be waaaaaaaaay behind the 8 ball now if they are seeking employment. A time when the industry is pretty hungry for drivers and the AFAP are letting the drivers down.

Hek, i would put them up if its such an issue for them! Maybe they just want to get as many hits on the site as they can while all the folks log in everyday to see if its been updated. Then they can say to potential sponsors "look how many hits our page gets and the exposure we can provide you"

MACH082
15th Apr 2008, 03:30
they are up! :) perhaps a little birdy read this thread