PDA

View Full Version : RSAF display Jeddah

mutt
3rd Jul 2001, 07:06
As part of the Jeddah 1422 Festival, there is a nightly airdisplay on the corniche. The center of attraction is a very good display by the Royal Saudi Air Force using 7 Hawks.

The center of the display line is just north of the Green Island restaurant, sometime between 5-6pm, Tuesdays and Wednesday.

Apart from that there is a skydiving competition using the Saudi Geological Surveys Shorts Skyvan and 2 RSAF Huey's.

There is also some guy on a paraglider, who appeared to be having the time of his life cruising along the beach watching all the "babes"!

If you are in town, its well worth the visit.

Mutt

compression ratio
3rd Jul 2001, 10:01
And don't forget to stop at the beer tent on your way home for a cool frosty one!

As for the "babes" are they the ones dressed in white or black, I can never tell.

mutt
4th Jul 2001, 23:44
Compression Ratio,

I have spent the last 4 nights looking for this "beer tent"........ I guess that I should have asked you for directions!

BTW, the display was bloody brilliant~!!

Mutt

411A
6th Jul 2001, 09:56
Mutt---
You have been looking in the wrong places.
Was once invited to a party at the home of the chief of royal protocal in JED. He had a liquor cabinet eight feet tall and five feet wide, with every brand known to man. Great guy!

Conky Joe
11th Jul 2001, 03:12
Hi mutt

Have seen the stunt paraglider dude but sorry to be missing the RSAF Hawks - shall just have to make do with Culdrose's soiree next week with the boys that taught the guttra'd ones everything they know! Yup - have taken the wee ones and decamped to Cornwall for the summer. I'll let you know how I get on in the beer tent ... :D

mutt
11th Jul 2001, 07:39
CJ,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your cool summer, please have a http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/guin.gif for me.

Mutt :)