PDA

View Full Version : middle east work!

beerbrewer
10th Nov 2001, 00:24
Hi all trying to get some info on the current hiring status of Qatar and Gulf! Sent applications off to both a couple of months ago but never got anything back. I should not have a problem with their requirements as I have approx 4000 hours command on the A320! Anyone who could help it would be appreciated.

Tom Cruise
10th Nov 2001, 10:46
Well as far as Qatar goes u can forget bout them. Things just got worse over there. If youre as experienced as you are give it the pass. A couple of nice guys there but too much politickin if you ask me. im sure a lot of the guys there have the same opinions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bhing
14th Nov 2001, 01:40
Try Kuwait Airways. They have three 320's and are usually on the hunt for Captains. The Company management is poor but the blokes you work with are generally very good.

Good luck

Have a nice day.

Spad
15th Nov 2001, 12:39
Qatar (and others) might have a problem with someone who’s “proud to be an AN captain”, beerbrewer.

taba
15th Nov 2001, 15:42
Forget QR...I was sacked from them because I asked for emergency leave to see my terminally ill mother,who has since passed away,being told "you can take as long as you like but when you come back the CEO(Akbar Al Baker)wants to terminate you!"
I was told this on the same day that the Crewing manager(Brit) was told to to clear his office...why?He put me on emergency leave!
Steer Clear...some nice crew there but a CEO with the mentality of a rocking horse! :eek: :confused: :mad:

411A
15th Nov 2001, 18:48
Some guys never learn that when you go to the middle east to work, it is done THEIR way, not yours.....family problems included.
Like it or not...that is the way it is.

taba
15th Nov 2001, 20:12
411A

Listen...I have been happily in and out of the Gulf over the years and am well aware of how they operate...as far as never learning is concerned...just how long did YOU work there?
:mad:

411A
16th Nov 2001, 06:13
Well Taba, twenty years in the middle east and Gulf area...long enough for you?

Tom Cruise
16th Nov 2001, 11:33
Well you can discount whatever taba says. Taba was terminated for applying for emergency leave without informing his dept.[cabin crew] and for the no. of harrassment complaints that crew had filed against him. Teh crewing head in question got sacked for puttin the company ion a fix by giving unusually high projections on crew requirements. so all in all taba is just a disgruntled soul whose ego got hurt when he was terminated. Qatar does have a lousy management but thats everywhere in the middle east. thats something you can overlook if the crew workin with you is nice. Still if you can land up in any other region fo the world youre probably better off..... :) :) :) :) ........

taba
16th Nov 2001, 16:59
Tom

Well thanks for at least giving me a reason!
That's also the first I've heard and I've heard oh so many from those THAT KNOW!!

Funny I was never informed about these "accusations" and that had no warning!??

No doubt,being so well informed,you know the reason for that as well!

And what about the latest sackings can you pse enlighten us all?

By the way QR IS a good company just the people at the top!!

How's the settlement coming along with Nicole by the way!

Taba
:p

ironbutt57
16th Nov 2001, 17:58
Hello 411-A...GTSIO kareem to you too....you're right..that's the way it is, but with my outfit for sure, and all the others over here...have mates at all of them, never heard one so harsh as mentioned above.most are exremely accomodating along those lines these days..and have heard many first-hand stories very similar to the one posted above...proud ansett pilot...good on ya mate....don't take it to the interview save it for the long boring hours online... ;) :p

taba
16th Nov 2001, 18:42
Put it this way,as in any airline,when someone leaves or is kicked out,there are always rumours and gossip...some amusing and some hurtful but at the end of the day only the party/parties concerned know the truth...

previous gulf airlines i worked for were slightly more sympathetic and compassionate in certain situations and i had never heard of anything like this either until it happened to me...

so,be careful anyway...no one is infallable!

411A
16th Nov 2001, 19:06
Hello there Ironbutt57...and salam al GTSIO...yes some are,or can be, quite well managed. However, the well meaning manager often finds himself in a bind...pressure from on high, and can do nothing about it. In addition, "some" crew take advantage of the situation...and thereby spoil it for others. One showed me some of the excuses he had received for returning late from leave...a third grader could have done better. Sad but true.