PDA

View Full Version : Paris Air Show

Nite_Flite
25th Jun 2001, 15:02
Now that the Paris Air Show is over, does anyone know how many aircraft EK ordered? If they want to expand 600% in 10 years I bet they bought a lot.... :)

Nil defects
25th Jun 2001, 17:05
It seems they didn`t make any orders at Paris. No announcements have been made to staff or media.

maybe the Dubai airshow in November will be more illuminating.

Nite_Flite
26th Jun 2001, 13:52
Hmm sound a little strange to me..
I'd think there is more PR value in Paris than Dubai. But then again lets see in November...

Fish
28th Jun 2001, 21:58
Interesting to see that, the day after the Paris Air Show finished, the UAE Minister for Communications and Transport was in Paris talking with the equivalent French Minister about increasing the number of slots that the UAE (Note: Not just EK) enjoy into Paris. Currently GF fly there 4 times a week and EK 3, times a week.

I am convinced that there is going to be a bit of political leverage in obtaining more slots (EK certainly want to go daily, much to the chagrin of us mere crew) before the cheques books come out in Toulouse.

In any case, there are so many aircraft on back order or as options awaiting to be converted, that it would be feasible that EK did not order anything for a while and still keep up with the expansion plans.

Despite the above though, it was dissapointing that it was a bit quiet at Paris. A nice big order always boosts morale.

high & fast
29th Jun 2001, 14:38
And a nice pay rise would have boosted morale! Not 2 percent dressed up as 5. EK management need to realise that pilots are not going to be hoodwinked.

Nite_Flite
30th Jun 2001, 13:04
2% isn't much when the trend is 15-20% over the next three year in some majors. But I'm sure you are still better off in the gulf state airlines. Free housing for one....

411A
30th Jun 2001, 17:33
.....and not exclusivly in the airfreight business for another.