PDA

View Full Version : Check Up

AvEnthusiast
13th Apr 2008, 12:33
Dear Profs,

I have been hearing this from childhood, but doing research I found it baseless.

People were saying that for aptitude test they sit you in a rotary chair and rotates you for 1 minute and tells you to stand up imediately and see if you can stand stable and respond their questions. And recently I heard this from a flight engineer, so is it real? or this should be for military pilots?

REgards,
AvEnthusiast

Whirlygig
13th Apr 2008, 13:17
Never heard of that being done as part of an aptitude test and I can't see what it would prove!!!

I think someone's winding you up!!!

Cheers

Whirls

Rugbyears
13th Apr 2008, 13:47
I consider those who believe such nonsense, in itself indicates their own aptitude!

Answer to your question, NO! Are you sure this is related to ones aptitude..? I am aware of such activities used to determine the vestibular system and concentration levels of individuals!!!

Oh yes…… of course, it’s called initiation!!!!! Pants down, top of your voice :mad: etc…:ok:

maxdrypower
13th Apr 2008, 15:41
The only time you will come across anything like this in aviation is if you join the military and become airsick . They will send you to desensitisation training at Farnborough . There what you describe is the least of your worries . But you are being wound up big time .The excercise described is part of a time served drinking game and nothing more