PDA

View Full Version : Karratha

Ultergra
13th Apr 2008, 04:04
Hey all,

I was just wondering about that operator who was talking about basing 2 Jetstreams out of KA? I think the date was March... I haven't noticed any up there yet...!? Any news? :E

Plus for all whom fly into there, I believe the runway/taxiway work's commence tomorrow (Monday 13th) ... going to be a bit of a s* fight with having to taxi all the way down to 26, then back track full runway length rwy 08, only to turn around and go back to where you came from. Good times, good times.

Oh, and I noticed AFAP advertising for a Cherokee 6 driver out of KA...

All happening up there at the moment!

:ok:

Capt Wally
13th Apr 2008, 04:13
Hmmmmmmmm, KA hey?, flew in there once in a fast steed, that was enough, next! !:E

CW

Stationair8
13th Apr 2008, 04:55
The old thing in aviation money talks and bullpooh walks!!

Met lots of gunna's do this and guuna do that and we have a business plan in the aviation business.

Coast.Watch
13th Apr 2008, 09:14
Hope they have plenty of 'water methanol' they will need a wet take off power setting every day in KA. .......

captk
14th Apr 2008, 08:28
Just glad I dont have to fly in and out of Karratha too often these days!
Hope the works includes extending the runway. My sources tell me that the direct Karratha to Brisbane flight cant depart with a full load because of the short runway. With the expansion in the offshore, iron ore and associated industries it wont be too long before they will need to cater for Airbuss/B767 size aircraft. It's hard enough now getting a seat in and out of the place!

Stationair8
14th Apr 2008, 10:27
Jetstreams and hot temperatures aren't a good mix.

Flight West found that out after they got rid of the B200 on the western QLD run,and replaced with the J31/32. The old Kingair carried more, climbed faster, cruised faster and was more reliable.

Cheap to lease, but thats why they are cheap to lease.

NZScion
14th Apr 2008, 10:35
Oh, and I noticed AFAP advertising for a Cherokee 6 driver out of KA...

I've heard this position has been filled already.