PDA

View Full Version : info on Jeddah please

olderairhead
14th Jun 2001, 15:17
Would apprciate any info on living in Jeddah. Could be moving there shortly and forearmed is forewarned (or something like that)
Replies by email if you prefer.
Thanks

------------------
"Yes nurse....I'm coming"

mutt
14th Jun 2001, 17:42
The easy answer is Go for it as long as you are not coming to fly a corporate B727! (Ask JJFlyer about that one.)

Your job and employer has a lot to do with your perspective on life around here. I doubt that some of the corporate crews or airline crews who only see life from a hotel room like the place. But life behind the compound walls is totally different, there is a lot to do especially if you are a water person.

The present cost of a bottle of Johnny Walker is at least US$175.00, so you better not come with a taste for the stuff! Plus its bloody difficult to find a good pint of Guinness!

Who are you going to fly for?

Mutt http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/guin.gif

mr blue sky
14th Jun 2001, 21:58
Hi Mutt, like the guiness gulping gizmo ! What would you like to know olderairhead ?
fire away !

JJflyer
14th Jun 2001, 22:16
Olderairhead.

Have a look at the "Corporate operators contact info" Thread. My experiences are there in a nuttshell. I just hope that you will not work for the same company that I used to suffer for.
But there are nice companies there too.

JJ

411A
15th Jun 2001, 00:34
Worked in JED during the 80's for SV and had NO problem at all, lots to do and see. The drive to Taif is very enjoyable and the Sheraton gives a 75% discount (or used to) for aircrew. Very good restaurants (of course NO pork) and the beaches are OK so long as you go far enough north or south. The ONLY place I could find where I could drive my Cadillac Eldorado at 100mph and never see a policeman in sight. For this however you NEED top grade tyres. Gas is cheap, drive FAST (at your own risk!). AND, best of all, smile at your bank book every month. GO FOR IT!

olderairhead
15th Jun 2001, 04:11
For your info - netjets

------------------
"Yes nurse....I'm coming"

mutt
15th Jun 2001, 08:17
OAH,

Can't give answers about the company, I havent heard anything bad about them. They appear to have a great fleet and are expanding. What aircraft type are you coming to fly?

As for the city, well it has changed QUITE a bit from 411A's days. Back then he had the choice of 4 censored video channels, now we have over 400 and the internet (which is censored). He probably considered the Sheraton Beach to be the best one, but now there are resort cities that resemble the south of France. He probably played golf on a sand course, now he could play on a 9 hole green course. He would also find his arse in jail for driving at 100 mph or for breaking a red light.

Some love the place, others hate it, come with an open mind and find out for yourself!

Mutt... http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/guin.gif

Hey Blueskies, check out www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk (http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk) for the images.

Conky Joe
17th Jun 2001, 11:04
olderairhead

If you need the 'trailing spouse' angle on life beneath an abaya just shout.

Masalaama!

CJ

[This message has been edited by Conky Joe (edited 19 June 2001).]

StopStart
18th Jun 2001, 10:41
CJ
Delete the [url] tags in the image address and it'll work.

;)

mutt
18th Jun 2001, 12:27
In this case I dont think that it will StopStart, I clicked on the link and discoverd a message from Geocities saying that the page wasnt available.

We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance.

Mutt.

Conky Joe
19th Jun 2001, 10:55
Thanks stopstart and Mutt - it's been so long I've gone rusty!

Mutt - The site is still there but the image is not a page in its own right (www.geocities.com/thesealeys will give you my view on Jeddah!!), that's why the link didn't work. Glad to see you're still here Mutt - have been into chat a few times recently and not seen any familiar faces ...

olderairhead
19th Jun 2001, 13:14
Conkey

email me with any info re Jeddah or netjets.
Interview in a couple of weeks.
Thanks