PDA

View Full Version : Ek

Dan6
21st Jan 2001, 12:41
anyone to highlite this :
(Draw backs.....stay with BA or QF for most of your career and you'll retire on a pension equivilent to your Capt salary on the 747..(or possibly the A380).
With EK you'll get given an emirates watch, a gift voucher and a hand shake saying cheers for 15-20 yrs service!! You way it up! Although they do have some scheme in place.)

ExSimGuy
22nd Jan 2001, 10:03
So how does the package at EK match the ones at BA or QF?

How does the monthly take-home pay compare between the airlines, and what other benefits (housing etc?) does EK give that BA or QF don't?

Perhaps driving an EK bus might allow slightly higher levels of personal savings such as a private pension plan?

------------------
What Goes Around . . . . .
. . often makes a better landing

Whooaahh
22nd Jan 2001, 14:49
Check your facts Dan6.

EK has a very healthy provident fund. This allowed me to buy my house outright with cash but I was on the old scheme.

Nowadays I understand that you can only transfer it into a PPP or similar, but you'll have to ask an EK man for qualification of that statement.

Whooaahh!!!

Angostura
22nd Jan 2001, 16:00
I don't know about a Quantas pension but with BA 15- 20 years will only give you about a third of your final salary minus the state pension, so you can look at about 17,000 pounds per annum. With EK it depends on how much of your salary you can put away but with all your major bills paid for it should be a reasonable sum. Present annuity rates mean you need about 350,000 UK to achieve this, shouldn't be too difficult. Live now or cake later-your choice.