PDA

View Full Version : EY or EK

bus pilot
11th Apr 2008, 20:21
i was thinking of which airline is better for someone with type on A320 3800TT 1100 on A320 concerning upgrade?

Driver of Buses
11th Apr 2008, 23:24
The answer is not that easy as it involves many factors such as family, career path desires, cultural tolerances and personal job preferences.

There are many postings in PPrune debating the pros and cons of either EK or EY and other ME airlines. The packages are similar and different and require research. EK seems to have the better package.

Both are employing so put your online applications in for both. Research thoroughly and go when called go for interviews. Then decide.

EK min of 4000hr TT with min 2000hr multi-crew jet but will accept if less than 500hr off these targets.

EY min requirement 2500hr TT with min 1000hr multi-crew glass cockpit jet and ICAO ATPL.

EY are now recruiting for A320 pilots and you must have an A320 type rating to be considered. From what I can gather they will be recruiting for non type rated crew later in the year. The A320 are for short haul regional flights, the A330 for medium haul and the A340s for LH and ULH flights.

EK is also proposing to start up a budget low cost arm within the year (the rumor is it will be A320 based). Air Arabia is also an option.

So the answer is to keep researching and decide which job you really want and then go for it.

sandyballs
12th Apr 2008, 07:30
EK ....its a no brainer:}

fractional
12th Apr 2008, 09:08
bus pilot, despite all is written in the Forum, still EK.

kingpost
12th Apr 2008, 11:35
Bus Pilot

Why either, why do you want to start worrying about the decline of your salary etc. You'll only get a command in 3 years with either airline, why not stay put and get your command where you are right now.