View Full Version : Living Costs in Dubai?

JoeCo
11th Jun 2001, 03:10
I will be moving to Dubai in the very near future. The company is supplying housing and transportation for work perpuses. The rest is on us and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what things cost in the area.

Cheers

Joe

mutt
11th Jun 2001, 07:35
You have the audacity to ask this following your attack on Mwali last week??

Well what goes around, comes around, my suggestion to you is dont bother asking for advice, just pick up the phone and “ask the company”!

Just so that others know what I’m talking about, Mwali deleted her topic “Female Pilots In EK” following this outburst from JoeCo (posted 06 June 2001 00:10 ) .

If you're so "Straight Up" about asking EK employees/cadets about females and EK, then pick up the God damb Facking phone and call EK directly!!!!???? I'm sure someone will give it to, positive or negative!!
Enough with this bul**** women this, women that, Islamic this, Muslum that, figure it out yourself!!!!! You don't have to start a shooting gallery in this forum over this.
I know it was just a question, but shut up and call them!!!!!

End of rant.

Mutt http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by mutt (edited 11 June 2001).]

Call the tower
11th Jun 2001, 14:24
Jeoco..

"pick up the phone and call them directly"
I expect it my go something like this.

Female "Do EK accept females as flight crew?"

EK " (after long pause).....INSHALLAH."

Enough said...her line of inquery was justified.

JoeCo
11th Jun 2001, 22:24
My "attack" last week had everything to do with a subject/situation that was getting out of hand, not about how much a ****ING loaf of bread and a quart of milk costs!!!!!!!!!

I still don't see the conection?????

Oh, and by the way, I have the ****ing job!!!!!!! So I don't really give a flying rats ass if you care to answer me or tell me to stick it in my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fluckbynight
11th Jun 2001, 23:40
Typical new hire EK pilot? Do you have to be proficient in profanity to be excepted?

ernestkgann
12th Jun 2001, 07:59
I think Joe should do well out here with his forthright and positive, almost confrontational attitude.

mearse
12th Jun 2001, 09:44
Don't panic guys, JoeCo isnt joining EK.

JoeCo
12th Jun 2001, 13:54
HA HA HA!!!

These formus are GREAT!!!!

Sorry for the profanity, in a bit of a bad mood last night.

DownIn3Green
12th Jun 2001, 15:35
JC,

Is it just a coincidence that those are your initials?

Good luck with your job. I hope one day you have a layover in JED or RUH and set the officials in one of those places "straight" on their "b.s." regarding entry clearances, leaving your passport, waiting a couple hours for the crew bus, etc.

Your attitude will go a long way to your success (or lack there-of) in the region.

As for the cost of living in Dubai, it's probably too much for you. It costs teamwork and respect for your fellow workers (be they male or female) to get along, sprinkled with a large dose of humility, staples your larder seems to be dangerously low on.

Nite_Flite
12th Jun 2001, 22:14
JC -

FORMUS?!?? IF you are going....you won't last long

cavu
13th Jun 2001, 02:02
JoeCO
Yourlanguage declares you a pleb. The very idea of a forum is that one may air opinions, pose questions and generally engage in debate. Interestingly, the initial question asked naturally evolved into several others. Indeed, of whether women should fly in the Middle East. You did not identify your inclination in these matters, but whether one believes females should fly or not (personally I prefer to fly with the chaps), the use of profane language is atrocious, entirely unacceptable behaviour and, I fear, further proof of the “dumbing” down of the pilot profession. Please announce to whom you are, or intend to be employed so that others may avoid having to sit beside someone with the intellect of a dead Haddock.

Mwashi is obviously an intelligent enough girl to recognize that what the EK hiring department states is its recruitment policy and what is actually its policy may be two entirely different matters and therefore, she has chose an appropriate medium to pursue this question. Pprune allows us to retain a degree of anonymity in discussion and thereby speak truthfully without handicapping our careers. (Or upsetting my non-flying girlfriend by expressing my preference for flying with the guys!)

I suspect that there is an underlying rationale for your vociferous statement, so why do you not apply that to the debate in a reasoned manner.

Joey Gray
13th Jun 2001, 02:03
Shows M'Rats selection proceedure to employ Astronauts........One more capable pilot to join the Rats ....."Congratulations" to the best airline in DUBAI

mwashi
13th Jun 2001, 02:47
JoeCo,

are you sure you are a man?

You obviously have more mood swings than any woman going through menopause! You need to get that doze of testosterone to balance your bad behavior. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Which airline hired you without conducting a psych test on you, because no psycho is supposed to be flight deck qualified.
Please do us a favor and let us know which airline we should avoid from now on.

mearse
13th Jun 2001, 07:05
JoeCo has already stated in another message that he only has 2000 hours and doesnt meet the EK requirements, I would therefore guess that he is going to Falcon.

colt steel
13th Jun 2001, 14:46
Poor falcon if thats correct...he will get sorted out pretty quickly if its correct.

deepee
14th Jun 2001, 09:49
Another plonker for the RB!! :)

------------------
"I don't suffer from stress.I'm a carrier".

BahrainLad
15th Jun 2001, 01:24
This is a local forum for local people we'll have no trouble here......

BBC2 - don't you love it?

newswatcher
19th Jun 2001, 17:01
Try this:

http://www.expatdubai.com/

Strength-5
22nd Jul 2001, 23:39
Old JC will probably end up showing a tinted Cruiser with the reg number Dubai 1 the bird on his very first day ...then wonder why he's shovelling camel s**t in the empty quarter the next few years ...
Expat life is a great one ...it calls for a standing together ....working together ...biting the bullet at times ...but generally having a whole load of fun ...all personality traits our dear "friend" JC fails to have ...
Ditto the menstral cycle comment by the lady ....pity his poor wife / lover with that temper ...

:cool: ;) :) :eek:

donpizmeov
19th Jun 2002, 16:39
Kinda remember you asking the same sort of questions this time last year Joeco. Some kind of habit?

Ghostflyer
20th Jun 2002, 04:53
Falcon Air Cargo that's where Joe Co is going. Maybe that explains why he says Fac all the time.

:D