PDA

View Full Version : B1900: Falcon, Metro: DHL

mali
18th Jan 2001, 02:41
Just a querie for you guys and girls over there in the gulf. Am aware that Falcon and DHL require the respective ratings on type. I have every intention on moving to the mid East and would like to know what you think I should do. which rating?
My TT is 3500hrs (all Command) 650 hrs B200. Worked in various different countries and the gulf is my next stop.
Am I putting too much on the line getting a rating then turning up?
Realisticly what would my chances of scoring a job be and what rating should I do?
Or should I spend a little more and go for a jet rating??
Looking forward to any response.
cheers...

Ravensdale
18th Jan 2001, 13:27
Mali,

How do you explain to prospective employers that your 3500 TT is all command? Got a bit of wingman time??

GA_Stinks
18th Jan 2001, 15:03
I have heard things have slowed down at Falcon over the last few months, I think they may have lost one of the big contracts??

Mali, depending on where you are based and what licence you have, a jet rating could be worth it... If you are based any where near Aus it would be a waste of money, In Europe the jet rating could be very handy as long as you pick the right rating to do and have UK ATPL, right of abode etc.

A 1900 rating isn't that bigger deal, especially with your B200 time - similar cockpit etc, only you will be multi-crew, thats probably the hardest thing after flying a sh!t load of single pilot ops.

Doing a 1900 rating in the US, you will probably be able to pick up a little bit of Co-pilot time with the rating if you search a little... and time on type is always an advantage where ever you apply.

Good luck, GA_S http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Just read your profile... why arent you banging on Kendells door?? They are going nuts at the moment with interviews and employment. If you want to fly a 1900, stay in SY and get on with Impulse, quick to command and in the future the possibility of flying the B717.

Ravensdale
18th Jan 2001, 20:34
I would have to agree that it probably depends on where you are in the world. However if I had your time with a significant amount of Turboprop time I would be concentrating on a jet job or perhaps a bigger turboprop. Why spend the cash on a 1900 or metro rating when you will be knocking on the door of bigger and better things (if thats the goal) very soon.

Just a thought.