PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Sky

flyingklunzy
11th Apr 2008, 19:13
Just wondering if anyone could tell the roster pattern on the Challenger 604/605? What is the pay for an FO?

Any info greatly received

Privatejetbroker
11th Apr 2008, 20:36
Sorry, non flying related but word on the street is that OCS`s financial position is not great at the moment.

Better off with twinjet or the like.

PJB.

GEXRS
11th Apr 2008, 21:27
Not sure PJB is right, OCS just bought 2 additional new 605s, they just recieved first GEX, second in July, and i heard from a friend who works there they getting 8 heavy jets this year.

probably expanding to fast;)

transilvana
11th Apr 2008, 22:03
stay away from them, just an advise

His dudeness
12th Apr 2008, 08:10
transilvana, would you care to enlighten us a little more? Friend of mine is in the final stage of his application there and very short before cancelling his current contract...

Monkey Boy
13th Apr 2008, 08:15
Financialy Ocean Sky are very sound, there's nothing to worry about there at all. As mentioned already, two new CL605's, two owned CL604's and plenty more on the way!

FLEXJET
13th Apr 2008, 11:09
For the record also : brand new G550 added recently at Ocean Sky as an upgrade of a G450, which was managed by another operator.

They expect to build a fleet of 20 aircraft by the end of 2009.

JetPark
13th Apr 2008, 12:51
Careful...the size of the fleet (either existing or planned) has nothing at all to do with an Operator's stability! I've seen this picture before and no doubt will do so again in this business. Can't confirm or deny any rumours but there's no smoke without fire guys.

Privatejetbroker
13th Apr 2008, 13:28
buying aircraft/increasing fleet = stability?

Oasis?

FlyMD
14th Apr 2008, 10:51
I don't know why some posters here prefer to hint a things instead of saying them... Maybe they feel it makes them look smarter or better informed... it does not.
Anyway. Ocean sky is backed by a Russian family, they have some aeronautical experience already (ocean cargo). They have a lot of money to spend. After the acquisition of NEA, other things planned: fleet expansion, own ground ops, possible acquisition of simulators in the UK.
Upside: a very good understanding of the Russian customers and their needs. Their cabin service for example is very good, and tailored to the demands of their clients. They sell a lot of charter flights at prices only Russians are willing to pay, and the management side looks pretty good also, from the one customer I had a chance to talk to.
Downside: it's the company owner's train set, and if they decide they are tired of aviation, or of the UK, they can pack up and leave town very fast if needed.

JetPark
14th Apr 2008, 11:48
It's the downside you mention that worries most people I think. Certainly I am watching this space with interest.

wawel
14th Apr 2008, 20:18
Did the downside include some aeronautical experience in Ocean Airlines?

learjet50
15th Apr 2008, 11:09
yes it didocean airlines all aircraft as far as i am aware are Impounded/Groundedbe careful men bearing gifts/promises

pattayapete
18th Apr 2008, 22:20
ocean airlines are not oceansky, just check Kronus Capital and draw comparison. From my research OCS are a dynamic and progressive organisation that has a total aviation package ranging from sales,acquisition,brokerage,maintenance and FBO capability. Seems prudent to cast the net and not put all eggs in one basket. Good luck to them, I doubt if they will need it

TheOtherSide
19th Apr 2008, 01:00
Oceansky Employee Alert! :E:}

StressFree
19th Apr 2008, 07:25
Privatejetbroker,
"better off with twinjet" - ha ha ha, thats a classic :eek:
The most humourous post of the year so far :D

Privatejetbroker
19th Apr 2008, 09:25
did i pick a bad example......!

ok , GAMA then

pattayapete
19th Apr 2008, 13:06
Oceansky Employee Alert!

The Other Side is way off, not an employee of OCS but I am sure a lot worse companies to be employed by.

mmouse
6th May 2008, 12:01
ocean sky, ocean airlines, kronos capital = same principals

Lear_doctor
6th May 2008, 12:16
For those of us less enlightened about Kronos Capitals practices and ethics Mouse, maybe you could spell it out for us?

Monkey Boy
6th May 2008, 14:43
What the advert says is:

"We offer the highest salaries in the industry, private medical insurance and an excellent bonus scheme."

BlueSky777
7th May 2008, 19:35
Hi guys,

I am desparetly looking for info about Ocean Sky. As far as I know they are hiring for LR 60. Appreciate any info on the company with focus on:

* Salary for F/O on LR60
* Roster
* Operation

And above all, can anyone recommend to join this company?
Many thanks in advance.

Monkey Boy
7th May 2008, 23:43
Currently, there is no Lear 60 in their fleet.

BlueSky777
8th May 2008, 10:50
Hi Monkey Boy,

yes, I know, but on their website is says that they are looking for Capt. and F/O for the LR60. So guess they will have one soon.

Cheers

plinkton
8th May 2008, 11:50
Nice website... are they operating CJ2/3 yet?

flugfisch
8th May 2008, 13:24
A CJ 3 just arrived!

And Lear 60 XR will come soon!

TRUBOX
10th May 2008, 22:34
care to elaborate flugfisch?

1Bingo
26th May 2008, 16:56
Not sure how connected the Ocean Sky flight dept is to their MAN FBO, but recent experience is less than professional. They have yet to respond to radio call inbound, many times don't answer telephone, and catering has been non existant last three iterations.

Taxi out last week and number two for takeoff. Tower advises return to Ocean Sky to pick up the client bags they neglected to put on the aircraft. Nuff said.

His dudeness
26th May 2008, 21:13
1Bingo...interesting, I found the same when I was there last week. All new faces (at least the shift that I saw) and nobody bothered to answer radio calls. I asked one lady for a telephone call, which she did make, but apparently after clearing my stuff she chatted like about 10 minutes with the guy and did not bother to tell me the outcome of my request. Stood at the desk and looked at her with a big questionmark in my face....
The line guys are nice, but I explained about 7000 times that I want my airplane facing into the wind (got a 10ktstail/crosswind limit on starting), when I came to the airplane it was facing....tail into wind at gusts at 15 to 18 kts. Asked the guy turn my airplane which he started to, but then the odd NetJets G5 truned up and me and my crappy Cessna werent to important any more. Took another 15 minutes for him to come back (not exactly the guys fault, I guess just not enough staff) By the time he was back, my pax should have turned up (they were fortunately late...)

May its just the gloom of history, but I thought that the lounge was a little less fancy, but the service was better. And, they had cookies at NEA, OS did not. (and really puts me out!)

transilvana
27th May 2008, 22:54
they are going down the hill with no brakes and tail wind!!! keep away from them, if you know someone who wants to work for them, keep him away.

INNflight
28th May 2008, 09:51
disregard!

TheOtherSide
28th May 2008, 21:22
:} What more can I say!

Swatters
29th May 2008, 11:58
I thought PPRuNe meant Professional Pilots Rumour Network ! When did it become Personal attack whilst hiding behind a false handle ?

Let he who is without sin .....................

TheOtherSide
29th May 2008, 15:19
In fairness to the guys in the FBO there is a good team of hard working people there.

Swatters
30th May 2008, 09:16
With regards to the Handling guys and comments made earlier by Bingo1, the guys at Manchester have had to cope with a major increase in traffic over the last 6 months and a complete overhaul and upgrade of the facility.

Staffing levels have been increased but unfortunately training of new staff must be difficult, given the day to day operation of the FBO and engineering. I was over there the other day and there must have been 3 company challengers & a Glex parked up on their already cramped ramp and remote areas.

Ballymoss
1st Jun 2008, 21:27
He's not still there??!!:* Assumed he would have disappeared into the ether along with the NEA name. Shame, but then there's always the opportunity to meet up with him again!

Rgds
The Moss:ok:

Fried_Chicken
6th Jun 2008, 20:51
am I correct in thinking their current fleet is as such?

2x CL604 (G-OCSC/OCSD)
2x CL605 (G-OCSE/OCSF)
1X LJ40 (G-MOOO)
2x LJ45 (G-JANV/RWGW)

plus these not operated on the AOC

CL604 G-STCC
G550 G-EGNS
C525B OE-GJF

MTIA
FC

Monkey Boy
7th Jun 2008, 09:24
All correct apart from G-STCC. That's not operated by Ocean Sky anymore. Look out for some more heavy metal soon, the Global's are on their way!

wawel
13th Jun 2008, 22:13
Well I hope someone knows what he/she is doing, judging by the last few postings it would appear otherwise.

maverick747
29th Oct 2008, 12:35
Hi, does anyone have any information on the tech paper they give you at interviews, what are the questions ??
Thanks

Smeagels Boyfriend
31st Oct 2008, 11:11
Was browsing PPJN and found the following about ocean Sky

"closing down Austrian AOC, financial situation in UK very unstable"

Outlook:
unsure - hiring stopped

Is another operator about to shut up shop?

SB

monkey lover
1st Nov 2008, 10:35
Hey Smeagel's Boyfriend

Could you post the link for this, is it a commercial or financial decision ?

Ta

Bravo73
1st Nov 2008, 13:31
Could you post the link for this, is it a commercial or financial decision ?

http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=2gw9cmahkqa576s8ur0ha4ee7kutpyyc4fb6qcc0sctm 98krm7z

HTH

monkey lover
1st Nov 2008, 18:58
Hi

Thanks very much for the link, do you know where the information comes from, and which salaries have not been paid ?

Ta ML

Bravo73
1st Nov 2008, 19:09
IIRC, 'contributors' to the ppjn are anonymous. This is the disclaimer from the homepage:

"Disclaimer: Voluntary contributors provide the content on this site. Neither the Pilot Jobs Network nor its site administrators can be held responsible for any entries herein. We rely on the honesty and integrity of our contributors, who may or may not be airline pilots. By using this website you are agreeing to these terms. Good luck finding your future piloting jobs!"

Monkey Boy
2nd Nov 2008, 11:16
Is another operator about to shut up shop?

Maybe - but not Ocean Sky.

off watch
2nd Nov 2008, 12:03
I've been told OS have just got the contract to do ground handling worldwide for Netjets. Doesn't look like a company going downhill to me :confused:

No RYR for me
2nd Nov 2008, 12:34
contract to do ground handling worldwide for Netjets. maybe at an airport or two but worldwide :rolleyes:

merlinxx
2nd Nov 2008, 13:29
Has anyone told Lisbon or more importantly Columbus?

Smeagels Boyfriend
2nd Nov 2008, 16:03
I havn't heard anything about this over the last week and would be in the loop.

off watch
2nd Nov 2008, 20:21
Correction to my last - it's for Ground Handling at certain European bases wef Nov 1 & came from the Procurement Team in Lisbon

Smeagels Boyfriend
3rd Nov 2008, 23:54
Just out of pure interest whats life like for the guys on the G550? Roster, pay etc

cloud07
10th Nov 2008, 15:44
Handling for Netjets in several bases in Europe?
Ocean just have two FBO´s - Prestwick and Manchester.

On the gulf you have a roster 14/14 (+maybe 2 travel days).
Nice guys on the Gulf.

The other informations about the Austrian AOC and the salarys are (sadl) true.
Financial situation seems a bit unstable for the moment.

Everybody hopes it will be better soon but who knows.

sophiemargot
10th Nov 2008, 19:47
Anyway. Ocean sky is backed by a Russian family, they have some aeronautical experience already (ocean cargo).

and do you know that less than 6 months ago this "very legal" russian family decided to put ocean cargo in bankrupt? just like this? hundreds of people without a job just because they had to "invest" money in another business?

and ps. russians are tired of paying crazy money for the same service that another company can offer them for half price...
be aware!

TSandPSintheGREEN
14th Nov 2008, 05:45
Aha... I note that Ocean Sky have now taken over the TAG terminal at FAB - possibly a bit of money changed hands here...? OCS to Warner Bros....!!!:)

733driver
14th Nov 2008, 08:20
Noooo, you got it all wrong... That was the new Ocean Sky Terminal in Bregenz, Austria, you saw in the movie..... Just looks an awful lot like TAG FAB :}

jettgoddess
14th Nov 2008, 12:04
It was TAG at Farnborough in the Movie, I was there when it was filmed........:ok:

FLEXJET
14th Nov 2008, 13:59
The best shot was the G5 Executive HB-IMJ at FAB, I didn't know that they had merged!

farmer jo
15th Nov 2008, 11:33
The rumour in the market is that the Russian Family have done what Sophiemargot was talking about ??

flybypilot
16th Nov 2008, 11:26
I heard a rumour that the owners financier (his father I believe?) was stopping the funds as his own companies needed the money, any truth in this?

RJ71
16th Nov 2008, 19:22
The spot in the new Bond film couldnt have hurt!:}

x933
16th Nov 2008, 20:23
Saw it myself today. They wuz robbed!

learjet50
29th Nov 2008, 20:36
Heard today there heve been changes to the Management in Manchester MF no longer in command. I understand staff have been told not to comment ,If they do comment they will be dismissed.??? WELL WELL
I await any info

Jonny Jowls
1st Dec 2008, 08:40
Lots and lots of people chasing for money going back many months, the excuse always seems to be that they are waiting on outstanding monies from a management client.

Heard the other day that they may just concentrate on Sales, Management and the Brokerage i.e stop AOC charter work.

:confused:

haggardhaggis
1st Dec 2008, 14:26
So who's the lucky guy in charge now??? Maybe they'll turn things around?

etracafe
1st Dec 2008, 19:27
Could somone post me (in private) and tell me who is MF.....??? this is a very strange rumor.....and I am sure it's a ridiculos and false rumor.....

Macroburst
1st Dec 2008, 19:51
Does anybody know if there is any scheduled assessment in the next months??:confused:
Thanks in advance!!

Ballymoss
1st Dec 2008, 22:04
You only have to go back a few pages to see who M 'I'll let you down' F is...

Rgds
The Moss:ok:

P.S. He really will, I know!

wawel
8th Dec 2008, 12:25
amazed it took someone so long to rumble all the lies

x933
8th Dec 2008, 16:21
OE-GJF has been one floating around the charter market for a few months now. Based LTN. Had it's official launch at Biggin Hill in the Summer as the first CJ3 available for charter in the UK. It wasn't (Air Charter Scotland were in there first), but kudos for trying...

Monkey Boy
8th Dec 2008, 18:40
Not strictly true, the "first" on the launch day was the first Challenger 605 on the UK register (G-OCSE), the CJ3 just happened to be a new addition to the fleet that was being shown off. I understand OE-GJF has now become G-TSJF.

cloud07
16th Dec 2008, 10:45
Seems Ocean is still in trouble.
Heard that a company requested forced insolvency for Ocean Sky Austria. :confused:

Hope this will not effect Ocean UK.

GEXRS
18th Dec 2008, 11:55
:):)http://www.ringwayreports.co.uk/N974TS_DN_171208.jpg

vaughan111
18th Dec 2008, 17:15
mmm...very nice. (pity about the reg)

cldrvr
18th Dec 2008, 17:30
Should be on G-reg shortly, I am informed.

horatio_b
18th Dec 2008, 21:42
Exactly the same photo of N974TS appeared on the Ringway Reports website,
although no acknowledgement from GEXRS that it was not his original photo....

FBO Devil
19th Dec 2008, 23:16
FYI: That's what I found today. Translated it's the courts announcement that Ocean Sky Germany applied for insolvency. Not granted yet, but they cannot sign anything anymore or pay anything anymore without permission.

Amtsgericht Landshut
- Insolvenzgericht -
Maximilianstraße 22-24, 84028 Landshut
Telefon: 0871/84208, Fax: 0871/84-146

Geschäftsnummer: IN 1091/08
Landshut, 15.12.2008

Beschluß

In dem Verfahren über den Antrag
auf Eröffnung des Insolvenzverfahrens über das Vermögen der

Ocean Sky GmbH, Am Söldnermoos 17, 85399 Hallbergmoos
gesetzlich vertreten durch
Geschäftsführer Kurosh Tehranchian,

1. Zur Sicherung des Schuldnervermögens vor nachteiligen Ver*-
änderungen wird gemäß § 21 Abs. 1 und 2 InsO am 15.12.2008
um 14.30 Uhr

vorläufige Insolvenzverwaltung :eek:

angeordnet.

Zum vorläufigen Insolvenzverwalter wird bestellt:
Rechtsanwalt Matthias Dieckmann, Gute Änger 11, 85356
Freising, Telefon: 08161/4901690, Fax: 08161/49016999

2. Es wird gemäß § 21 Abs. 1, 2 Nr. 2 InsO
angeordnet, daß Verfügungen des Schuldners nur mit Zustim*-
mung des vorläufigen Insolvenzverwalters wirksam sind.

Pushkin
22nd Dec 2008, 16:41
Do anyone have any other news regarding Ocean Sky? (better from some insider source :ok:)

GEXRS
22nd Dec 2008, 17:24
I heard they shut German office because of weak management team down there and economic slowdown, + they buying some operator in Central Europe and they dont need extra AOC.

cloud07
22nd Dec 2008, 23:06
I read something about insolvency above there - this have nothing to do with shutting a company down GEXRS - this means a bunsh of open invoices nobody can pay!

Something really different!

Vannin
29th Dec 2008, 17:58
Be careful, guys, some contributions are from inside and close to the top!:=

NO 7
30th Dec 2008, 12:42
Can anyone comment on Ocean Sky's situation in the UK - eg are their bills being paid or not?
Is their situation in Europe a prediction of the same thing about to happen in the UK? I believe that several debts have gone to County Court Judgements against them in the UK.

Midwest Executive
31st Dec 2008, 11:44
Dear "aviationga"

Just to set the record straight. Midwest Executive Aviation Ltd, opted not to renew a new lease at Birmingham after our first three year lease expired to concentrate on our core business of smaller regional airports. I don't see how you deduced that closing one of three offices constitues going "bankrupt".. The company constitutes two further FBO locations at Durham Tees Valley Airport and Newquay Cornwall Airport with new dedicated facilities opening at both in early 2009 and two possible new airport openings.

I am not a big fan of Pprune for this very reason and rarely contribute (unless to correct a completely incorrect statement such as this). If any aviation company that has over the past six months, reduced the size of their operation, made redundancies, closed offices or returned aircraft are "going bankrupt" then I think we are all doomed!

Wild, speculative rumours, without any substance such as this for any carrier, FBO or airport are extremely damaging. Suppliers and customers reading these posts, take them as gospel and either suspend lines of credit or stop chartering their aircraft. If you say that an operator is looking fragile, dont you think then that brokers will be reluctant to use them. If you state that an FBO is going bust do you think that fuel companies and airports may hesitate over awarding credit? Reckless unfounded rumours will only make the whole current economic climate in 2009 more difficult for everyone.

Personally I admire the likes of Ocean Sky for what they have achieved to date. There isn't many organisations that could have achieved such a significant rate of growth in such a short space of time. I am sure that they will have to, like everyone else, cut back and close down areas of business that aren't performing. Anyone who is carrying any surplus fat in 2009 is going to struggle.

I appreciate that the concept of Pprune is "rumours" but there are positive rumours, such as who has a new aircraft, new FBO facilities, whos recruiting and offering jobs, which airports are expanding and there are negative rumours, like who is going bust who isn't, operators that have made people redundant who aren't. Why isn't Pprune used to help develop businesses and share useful information like other industry "blogs" that actively help business owners and employees develop alike.

Like I said, I dont use Pprune as a rule, but I thought it worth using this comment by "aviationga" to say my piece and to take this opportunity to wish all colleagues, customers, suppliers and everyone in our industry the very best of luck for 2009 and if we pull together as an industry, it won't be so bad!

Best wishes to all,

Nick Weston.
Managing Director
Midwest Executive Aviation Limited.

dc9-32
31st Dec 2008, 12:55
Well said Mr Weston.

Mods, take note and maybe ban "aviatongo" for a while so that he/she does no more damage.

learjet50
31st Dec 2008, 13:06
Nick

well said there are too may people out there waiting to Kill the opposistion

I dont know if u remember me its Gerry who worked for northern Exec at Manchester for 35 years

Best of luck with your new adventures and dont let them get u down

Best wishes for 2009

Midwest Executive
31st Dec 2008, 13:42
Hi Gerry,

Yes of course I remember you! How are you. Thank you to you and "DC-9-32" for agreeing. I for one would like to ask the Moderators to monitor comments that could affect a companys future. I am happy to put my name to my thoughts and comments and stand by them as you have too Gerry and so does my good friend Phil Brockwell on a regular basis. If everyone had to do this maybe it would be more constructive?

We have some good organisations here in the UK and Europe to enable us to work closely together and support each other, such as BBGA, EBAA and BACA and Pprune should be part of this. I think we all know what 2009 is going to be like so lets all pull together and all make a New Years resolution to keep our industry alive. For those of us that like Gerry and I been in this industry a long time (23 years now for me) knows that this climate will pass and we have had a recession before and we will all be here next New Year if we do what we have to do and be sensible.

Moderators, how about a seperate forum where everyone has to use their own name to constructively network in a positive way? I know that Lawyers for one have their own blogs where they can ask colleagues and counterparts advice on any issue. Does anyone else feel that this is a good idea?

See, I told you I didnt use Pprune much and now you have me replying!!

All the best for the New Year Gerry!

Nick.

StressFree
31st Dec 2008, 15:35
Hey Gerry,
Is that really you??????????
I remember you from the old days when I flew for Thurston Aviation at Stansted and regularly came into Manch in KingAirs and an old 125..... Good for you old mate, you were ALWAYS excellent and gave us great service :D

Nick,
Good wishes for you also, I use your company whenever we visit one of your bases and always get great service, forget the bull that sometimes appears here, what matters is the quality of your company and your staff, both of which are superb. Keep it up please, we appreciate you :ok:

learjet50
31st Dec 2008, 16:38
hI

HAVE sent u a PM but if you dont get it beacause I am useless with computers

Yes its Me made redundant after 35 years by Ocean Sky

Cant Quite put a name to u at the moment but if u flew for Uncle Eric you must be nearly my age

PM me if you wish

Regards

Gerry

Paradise Lost
31st Dec 2008, 16:57
As can be read by subsequent posts to Midwest Executive's excellent post #88, irresponsible rumour mongering is extremely damaging, unprofessional and cowardly when using the anonymity of Pprune to spread scurrilous misinformation.
Maybe the moderators should consider using the message of that post at the beginning of each forum to remind Ppruners of their responsibilities when maligning others, particularly as ANYONE can read this website.
Good luck to us all in the New Year!

Martin Barnes
31st Dec 2008, 17:17
Thanks Nick an excellent post HNY to you and your team.

aviationga
7th Jan 2009, 09:33
Dear Midwest Executive

You will have noticed that I have deleted my post regarding Ocean Sky in the spirit of the Season. Please remember this post was written about Ocean Sky and not Mid-west and the only mention of yourself was, I quote from my post "Since Mid-west went bankrupt" which turns out not to be as factual as I was led to believe.

Maybe "Bankrupt" was the wrong word to use and maybe "facing financial difficulties" comparing you to Marks and Spencers rather than Wooolworths would have been far more appropiate. I for sure was not aware of your other bases and admit to not knowing enough about your organisation to pass judgement. In fact the only things I do know for fact is that you were a one man operation and that before venturing into Birmingham you were based at Coventry until the airport refused to renew your lease there! (just so you are aware your own website is still advertising Coventry and I believe Blue City have been the agents there for over a year now) Searching this site I also note you are at Dundee and Edinburgh Airports.

Please also remember that this is a RUMOUR network and not the Aviation version of the BBC News. My post about Ocean Sky setting up at Birmingham through the back door came from very reliable sources and everything I put was the latest rumours and word on the street or should i say in the air. That is what this site is here for I believe.

There is in fact a disclaimer on each page to verify that not everything is 100% accurate-

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent.

Maybe now you have closed an office or two and have time on your hands you and your friends could set up a Professional Pilots Actual News Network based on confirmed facts only!

I wish you luck in your new stations, now let this thread revert back to Ocean Sky :ok:

AG

FUZZYFELT
7th Jan 2009, 11:04
aviationga

loosely translated, are we all to take the above to mean "I'm sorry ... I was wrong" ?!! :uhoh:

'rumour' is one thing. Damaging (and maybe bitter ?) speculation another ?

aviationga
7th Jan 2009, 15:10
Sorry for posting a rumour I still believe to be true on a rumour network? I don't think so! I do however regret my choice in words in a very small part of my post, nothing damaging intended :=..

KyleRB
7th Jan 2009, 18:25
aviationga,

Yes this is a rumour network but right now we're all in very difficult and challenging times so rumours which may damage a company's reputation and viability are not on! := Your post was callous at the very least. I hope I speak for most here, the kind of rumour you were spreading is not wanted here! What purpose does it serve? None and may do a lot of damage.

Now if you were a real man, you'd apologise and get on with your life!:rolleyes:

aviationga
7th Jan 2009, 18:53
KyleRB,

I find it difficult to contemplate how I have caused such outrage with my post about OC and for one moment do not understand how you can call it Callous by saying that they are possibly opening up a new base???!!. The source was very reliable and there is no smoke without fire. I realise I used one word in a brief mention of a second company which was not as accurate as I had heard it was by industry colleages and therefore I removed my post as a goodwill gesture. Reading various threads on here in the past it seems that everyone who posts a message gets their head bitten off and is ultimately the bad guy. We are all professionals and would not in the slightest wish any damage on any company. Happy new year to you all, I for one hope this new year brings a better outlook for the industry in general.

wawel
9th Jan 2009, 11:13
What news of the County Court judgements?

Condor
27th Jan 2009, 18:09
From Flight International 23 Jan 2009

UK business aviation services provider Ocean Sky is expanding rapidly and aggressively despite the economic crisis pummelling sectors of its business.

Within the next couple of weeks the London-based company will open a new operation in the Swedish capital Stockholm and a third fixed-base operation in the UK at a leading airport. Ocean Sky is also planning to unwrap another European FBO by the end of the third quarter.

"We have always been ambitious in our growth plans and the economic downturn has not changed that," says Ocean Sky chief executive Kurosh Tehranchian. "We could sit back and worry or just get on and prepare the business for when the economy starts to grow again," Tehranchian says. "The business aviation market is solid and we are in it for the long term," he says.
Ocean Sky operates a fleet of 12 mainly large-cabin and long-range business jets - six owned and six under management - has seen charter demand from its core oil rich markets of Russia and the Middle East fall dramatically since late last year. "We were largely unaffected in the early stages of the downturn, which hit the banking and financial sectors," Tehranchian says.

"From early November it began to hit other sectors savagely including energy-based economies and very wealthy individuals [including Ocean Sky customers] saw the value of their assets plunge, forcing them to pair back their spending," he adds.

Tehranchian expects the charter market will remain in the doldrums for the remainder of 2009, but begin to recover in 2010, stimulated by the need and desire of so many individuals and companies to "experience the convenience of business aircraft travel again". He says: "This will be a bad year in terms of charter, but we are making sure we build the rest of the business and have enough resources to support us through the downturn."

Ocean Sky Sweden will open its doors in February, offering maintenance repair and overhaul, aircraft management, charter and FBO services. "We should get our Swedish aircraft operator's certificate in May," Tehranchian says. Ocean Sky will add only Gulfstream types to the AOC. "We are starting with two managed aircraft and by the end of the year we hope to have six Gulfstreams in the fleet," he adds. The company, which also has FBOs in Prestwick, Scotland and in Manchester - where it recently acquired aircraft interiors business - is planning to expand to the Middle East within a year.

cloud07
27th Jan 2009, 19:13
Wow - if I remeber rigth they jsut made 3 pilots rdunant on the G550. But maybe there are a few out there who believe Kurosh? You never know.
They still did not pay theyr bills - but always big in interviewas.

good Luck:{

Avioactive
27th Jan 2009, 20:23
Are Ocean Sky taking over the ex-Silverjet terminal at Luton?

off watch
27th Jan 2009, 20:59
"Ocean Sky is expanding rapidly and aggressively despite the economic crisis pummelling sectors of its business".
If she means taking traffic from established FBO's with dubious marketing tactics, she's spot on !
To answer wawel, if you pay the appropriate fee, you can get a business report on OS - the last one I saw showed several UK County Court judgements against them, something like £10000 to pay out to claimants.
As for a new UK FBO, my money's on Birmingham (or rather it isn't!) :=

snorkboggler
27th Jan 2009, 21:36
'If she means taking traffic from established FBO's.........'

ah yes competition for signature..good about time!:ok:

Monkey Boy
27th Jan 2009, 21:59
As for a new UK FBO, my money's on Birmingham

Definately not Birmingham, I can assure you that much!

Daifly
28th Jan 2009, 18:59
Ocean Sky Jet Centre are pleased to announce the opening of their latest FBO at Luton airport, serving the private, corporate and business jet industry. Most positions will be shift based covering a 24/7 operation. Applications are now sought...

Good effort - not sure I'd want to go head to head with Signature and Harrods meself like.....

garrygaz
28th Jan 2009, 20:34
Perhaps the only way to service their fleet in the London area is to set up handling themselves. Maybe they have p1ssed off Harrods, Signature, TAG, Universal, et al.

GG

PPE
28th Jan 2009, 21:04
Garrygaz
I think you hit the nail on the head, but how do they manage to start a new operation in London with so much "rumoured" debt.:=

garrygaz
28th Jan 2009, 21:24
The FBO's may not carrying any debt, as the only operator in MAN, surely that is profitable; I really have no idea, but if the FBOs and the Flying Operation are separate entities, the FBOs probably look OK (to the bankers). Had a quick look at the recruitment ads; it’s a pretty ambitious, potential operation.

PPE
28th Jan 2009, 21:43
It will be very interesting to see what it is Ocean Sky can offer that Harrods/Signature can't....... .

His dudeness
29th Jan 2009, 08:41
Lower bills? Service to smaller airplanes also when big ones are around?
No NJE airplanes that receive service first?
Given the recent experience at MAN I doubt it, but...hope dies last.

snorkboggler
29th Jan 2009, 08:52
Harrods I find fine , Signature a bit hit and miss, I wish those ladies wouldnt jabber too much at the front desk :suspect: when your trying to get a word in; anyway OS hopefully cheaper price and good service so we will see what happens better hit the ground running.

Phil Brockwell
29th Jan 2009, 10:01
PPE,

In the last month I've heard about "rumoured debt" about pretty much every operator / broker and handling agent, 90% has proven to be complete tosh.

Only this morning I had a call from a concerned broker asking if we were going belly up - because that was today's "rumour". (It's not true BTW).

I have no doubt that this rumour will affect my business because brokers who pay prior to flight will see us a credit risk, we will lose work, people will lose their jobs!

Now I know this is a bit Kettle / Black, and that is why I haven't been posting at all recently, but careless talk does cost jobs - this is a rumour network, but the rumours have an effect, so lets be responsible with freedom that the nice pprune bods have given us shall we.

(If anyone wants to let me know which one of our competitors is spreading the rumour about us, please PM me so can nip it in the bud)

Phil

learjet50
29th Jan 2009, 11:48
Phil Brockwell

Phil is one of the Gentlemen in G A

He will not let you down

There are many Back Stabbers out there who for some reason maybe do not like Phil

I would lend him my Car

Phil

Hope all is Ok

Regards

Gerry

Phil Brockwell
29th Jan 2009, 11:53
Hi Gerry,

Still got the Skoda then?

Phil

Deeko01
29th Jan 2009, 12:10
you cant beat the skoda Phil...... :}

Privatejetbroker
29th Jan 2009, 12:18
As an owner myself I totally agree Mr T.

Unleash the beast!

Phil Brockwell
29th Jan 2009, 13:24
"There are many Back Stabbers out there who for some reason maybe do not like Phil"

What possible reason.......oh.....OK, I'll get my coat

Kelly Hopper
29th Jan 2009, 14:26
Many many years ago I flew for a company operating turboprops and piston twins on both scheduled and charter ops.
Rumours spread one friday morning about the debt the company was carrying, which was correct.
By 5 pm I was instructed to fly the a/c into maintanance and leave it there.
The leasing company got wind of the rumours and seized the a/c that DAY!
21 pilots out of work, office workers, no income left so no bills paid anywhere!
8 hours is all it took to wipe out an AOC holder based on rumour.
So please be careful what you say and write eh?

Monkey Boy
29th Jan 2009, 14:37
Rumours spread one friday morning about the debt the company was carrying, which was correct.

So it wasn't a rumour then?!

But I agree with your sentiment - very often people are more than willing to sling mud around when they don't know the full facts. Fact of the matter is, Ocean Sky is financially buoyant.

scrivenger
29th Jan 2009, 15:09
Great to have you back Phil, I wouldn't go as far as a 'car' maybe a push bike!
To reaffirm, Phil really is one of the true gentlemen in this business and believe me they are very few and far between.

cheers

Phil Brockwell
29th Jan 2009, 15:37
I think I preferred it when everyone thought I was a Tw@t.

Daifly
29th Jan 2009, 15:43
Don't worry about it Phil, I still think you're a tw@t.

:ok:

G-DAVE
29th Jan 2009, 23:20
I wouldn't lend Phil my car.

He might put a Pompey sticker on the rear window :}

LTNman
30th Jan 2009, 04:45
They are taking over the old Harrods building on the south apron.

Response Source | Press Releases - Ocean Sky private Jet Company Announces New Service Centre at Luton, New Jobs to be Created | Journalist enquiries, press releases and more! (http://www.responsesource.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=LmAzL)

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
30th Jan 2009, 10:36
Rumour has it that Ocean Sky will only have rights on one of the stands on the area previously used by Harrods (the South Stands) wheras Harrods had three.

That might be a bit restrictive.

I'd also be interested to know where they will carry out the engineering works as I believe Luton's by-laws prohibit such work taking place on stand.

OLY 1B

Heatedfuelreturn
30th Jan 2009, 15:57
The Luton local radio station reports that Ocean Sky have take over Harrods Executive Aviation Facility.

More news after the sports.

heated

That was easy....I hope the next one is as good.

PPE
30th Jan 2009, 17:59
Heated -try reading the thread before posting, you will see that it is the old facility Ocean Sky are taking on, the one that Harrods left.

Cant believe Ocean Sky will operate using just one stand, it could be that one stand will be classed as their own however useage of all three as and when requred.?

Paradise Lost
30th Jan 2009, 18:02
Ocean Sky have an impressive fleet of new aircraft, a great brand image and bold plans for the future, with expansion of FBOs and aircraft fleets imminently. Good luck to them in these turbulent times.

LTNman
30th Jan 2009, 21:23
Should have read

Luton, which is the nearest airport to London for private jets with 24 hour access.

Avioactive
3rd Feb 2009, 16:58
If they have no hangarage and just one stand, then all their visitors presumably will have to pay the airport's own, not inconsiderable parking fees of £3.25/tonne/hr (£77.90/tonne/day) which frankly is way too much. The clock ticks for each minute at Luton of course.

Then you've got slot issues and constraints, NOx fees, border control/immigration nightmares - don't be a non-EU passenger, the M1 motorway congestion to deal with, airside access constraints, a bit of fog from time to time, noise-related penalties, penalties if you dont pre book with your FBO, night time surcharges. Luton doesn't have a good history on departure delays - it's got the fastest growth in airline traffic of any UK airport today.

Aside from that it's wonderful - good luck to them!

pabely
3rd Feb 2009, 17:35
I'm sure these guys have done there sums, if you lease a stand then you must have your own costing structure - Signature have stands 16/17 for years, they are not per hour on airport rates. Signature & Harrods regularly burst at the seams with traffic, we all know biz traffic goes to other airports because they cannot cope - hope this is not another bash from Essex!
As far as the M1, you obviously haven’t travelled down 4/5 line bliss recently!

cameron_pearson
5th Feb 2009, 07:40
Hey guys, am currently doing some market research into Ocean Sky. I was wondering if anyone could give me an approximate number in regards to their catering budget. I know the basic figures, but I need something more solid in order to construct this information portfolio. Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Cameron

P.S. Oh hai, new to the forum! Wonderful by the way, love browsing the articles.

EASY 69
5th Feb 2009, 08:12
Cost of catering is directly proportionate to the temperature/amount of ice cubes required. It's a simple but effective equation used frequently in biz jet aviation catering budgets.

cameron_pearson
5th Feb 2009, 08:26
hmm I realise this is the case on a flight-flight basis, I was thinking more of annual budget in regards to the entire company, generally such budgets are posted to investors but no-one seems to have any information on possible figures for two thousand and nine.

Cam

*edit - and/or attendants are able to operate to a total budget broken down into projected number of flights

chrispler
10th Feb 2009, 16:06
What is your impression, what is behind the fact, that Harrods sold its old facility to Ocean Sky?

Are they in troubles? What is Harrods intrest in increasing competition at LTN?

Paradise Lost
10th Feb 2009, 16:13
Harrods didn't sell their old facility to OS: Silverjet used it for a short while before bowing out and it has been empty since then. Suspect that the building belongs to Ltn Airport and they are leasing it out.
Harrods have been in their new purpose-built facility, by the cargo apron ,for about a year and a half.

Phil Brockwell
10th Feb 2009, 16:15
This is pathetic. Do you actually KNOW Harrods sold their facility to Ocean Sky, more likely it was leased and they moved into better property and the airport gave OS a lease (after Silverjet),

You know what happens when you assume!

Paradise Lost
10th Feb 2009, 16:20
Chrispler.....I see your attempt to stir it up with your own thread was closed, after you received a comprehensive answer from the horse's mouth. You are just muck raking..... leave it alone!

cameron_pearson
12th Feb 2009, 08:30
Does no-one know the answer to my original question or are you all here to bicker?

EASY 69
12th Feb 2009, 08:56
Bicker!

To answer your question seriously though, just telephone them. It's hardly commercially sensitive information. Although I have to say that they probably can't answer it because it depends very much on the client and the mission.

I once had £4,000 + worth of catering on board an aircaraft that operated MAN/LTN 2 pax needless to say hardly any of it was touched, but it had to be there (just in case).

Gulfstreamaviator
12th Feb 2009, 12:36
Russian client I assume.

They like the Arabs, just want the quality and quantity to be seen.

It is only a trophy.... like most of the adornments they have.

But I had a great time on my 550 in Moscow, so must not complain.

glf

Der_Fischmeister
13th Feb 2009, 11:45
Good day ya all ,in these sad times with sad news every day....

I was wondering if someone can tell me details about Ocean Sky.

Rosters,Salary,Open Base..all that

EASY 69
13th Feb 2009, 15:00
Dear Mr.Fish,

I think most of whats going on at Ocean Sky is here :-http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/322265-ocean-sky.html
just a couple of threads below your post!

cheers

Der_Fischmeister
13th Feb 2009, 15:15
thanks,Bud

AircraftOperations
13th Feb 2009, 15:29
Are they recruiting?

Certainly the text on the "careers" section of their website doesn't seem to have been updated for months.

His dudeness
14th Feb 2009, 08:57
@der Fischmeister: are you one of the 48?

Der_Fischmeister
14th Feb 2009, 10:16
yes,Sir!

nit much more to say i guess....

Markus109
14th Feb 2009, 11:36
48???

I thought 24 got layed off ??

Regards

Markus

Der_Fischmeister
14th Feb 2009, 12:03
dont get in details here,i think it worsens everyones situation with rumours etc.
its all sadly enough ,lets hope everything turns out good and things start to pick up

His dudeness
14th Feb 2009, 12:44
Very sorry to hear these news.

Hope you´ll get a new job soon. Who would have dreamed that one up at the Häfele?

opswench
23rd Feb 2009, 14:24
Anyone got that magic phonecall yet?:rolleyes:

Vannin
23rd Feb 2009, 16:47
:confused:

Care to elaborate, OW?

PPE
23rd Feb 2009, 18:32
If I did i would tell em where to stick it and so should everyone!....

To elaborate for OW.........Ocean Sky management where previously employed by another FBO.

opswench
24th Feb 2009, 09:05
The jobs - PPE we know .... and ....

snorkboggler
24th Feb 2009, 09:27
Oceanskies or oceansky

this thread is boring there is a huge thread about Oceansky add it there :ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
24th Feb 2009, 14:18
The word from CAE in Dubai is that there is an Ocean Sky crew doing an G550 initial.

Not the ways of a company that is in trouble.

Have they not just dismissed G550 crews, so why hire new crews, at I assume vast expense.

glf

Smeagels Boyfriend
24th Feb 2009, 21:23
How many 550 crews do Ocean Sky have? Anyone any info on amount of flying they are doing at the moment?

marquis
27th Feb 2009, 23:02
Still expanding I am reliably told

KFTW
28th Feb 2009, 12:40
Hi,

Are they hiring FO for their fleet?

Regards,
KFTW

Flintstone
28th Feb 2009, 14:09
KFTW.

No malice intended but there's one sure-fire way to find out.

CaptWUFF
4th Mar 2009, 06:59
Anybody know any N-Registered or VP registered 604 jobs in the uK/Europe?

Dont worry
4th Mar 2009, 07:12
Hi, there !
Anybody nows if Ocean Sky is hiring at the moment ?

learjet50
7th Mar 2009, 19:12
No

U are not wrong A Sad moment becuse they have so many good pilots working for them

I Think the problem is

1/ People who charter Jets at the moment either go for the small VLJ A/c or the Large Ones I dont think the Middle range i e Learjet 45 Etc are in the running for the Market

A Sad time for all after years of working your Boxxlocks off it comes to this.

Regrads

one-to-go
10th Mar 2009, 12:27
Why dont they update their website?? Still looking for crews according to the career section. :ugh:

Arkwright
10th Mar 2009, 13:25
Simply because its not good PR to advertise the fact that they, like everyone else in the industry, are finding things tough at the moment.

All websites will have a positive 'spin' on them, simply because every recession is basically a lack of consumer confidence......everyone has to display a positive outlook on the situation!

I wonder if Ocean's plans at Luton will be affected? I hope not.......Signature and Harrods will be better places for us with more competition!

Punch
8th Apr 2009, 07:21
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knows who Ocean Sky are handling at LTN?

Are LTN regulars jumping ship from Harrods and Signature or have they brought in some new business? Rumor mill suggests that they are very pricey............

Punch:ouch:

flyingmasai
8th Apr 2009, 18:35
I used their handling not so long ago in Luton, amazing facility, great and professional staff. I was very impressed. I hope they will do well.

PPE
8th Apr 2009, 20:42
most of them are from Harrods, CEO, General Manager, Base Manager , Ramp Manager and quite a few ops's and ramp staff, so they should get it right.

They should get it right :}:ugh::}

Teaboy24
23rd Apr 2009, 19:56
Is their FBO fully up and running at Luton yet? Only seen their own aircraft on the ramp when I have been there.

Beagledog
23rd Apr 2009, 21:13
Yes, opened from the 1st April, and no planes except for their own, G-TSJF, G-EGNS, G-RWGW. All the staff which left secure jobs at the other handling companies at the airport to join OS must be getting a bit worried, especially with having 'Temp 6 month contracts':ugh:

Teaboy24
23rd Apr 2009, 21:39
Me thinks be a struggle against the more established Signature and Harrods. One problem to overcome is that operators do not tend to like having their aircraft handled by an agency who is also an aircraft operator and then pay them to do it.

However, I wish them well, hopefully will resolve the issue of aircraft being turned away from Luton in the summer months when the other two claim too busy.

Phil Brockwell
24th Apr 2009, 08:27
I've only spoken to one operator that has used them, a very positive response, we will certainly be giving them a try. It's not exactly stiff competition at LTN is it!

pabely
5th May 2009, 19:45
Ocean Sky aims to add more European fixed bases

Ocean Sky is seeking to add "between ten and 12 fixed-based operations" to its European jet centre portfolio within three years and gain a foothold in the Middle East within five years.
The move comes as the business aviation services provider opens its third UK FBO at London Luton Airport and steps up its marketing activity for the facility, where it competes alongside two long-standing business aviation service companies Harrods Aviation and Signature Flight Support at one of the UK's busiest airports.
"We have huge ambitions for Ocean Sky," says Stephen Grimes, chief executive of Ocean Sky Jet Centre, sister company to Ocean Sky's business aircraft brokerage, charter and management arm.
"Paris Le Bourget and Nice in France, Shannon and Dublin in Ireland, Milan in Italy, Munich in Germany, Olbia in Sardinia and Zurich in Switzerland are locations of interest in Europe, while we are looking at Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Dubai as out bases in the Middle East," he adds.
Grimes, a former Harrods Aviation chief executive, admits these locations are "highly prized and sought after", but is undaunted by the challenge. "There is tremendous asset value in these locations as they are all attracting a great deal of business aircraft traffic," he says.
Ocean Sky - owned by Luxembourg-based trust fund Ocean Group International - is keen to offer an array of services at its jet centres "where it makes sense to do so. We will examine each location on its merits," says Grimes
At Luton, handling, parking and line maintenance on Bombardier and Dassault types will be offered initially, but "we are looking at opportunities to develop a full maintenance capability with a hangar at some stage", says Grimes. "The pinch point at Luton is concrete - there simply isn't enough of it to accommodate the demands of all the airport's residents."

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
6th May 2009, 10:38
Blimey - all that on just one stand (20) at Luton!!

PPE
8th May 2009, 18:49
OS have made a bold move of opening a facility at Luton at such a difficult time for any good and well established FBO, obviously time will tell however, maybe this was the wrong decision by OS to open a base at LTN, from what I have seen is a number of staff sitting about twiddling there thumbs and getting nice massages.

hamblet
24th Jun 2009, 17:26
Anybody know the background to two of ocean sky's challengers being noted as "potential change in registered owner" on g-info?

G-OCSD and G-OCSF.

D has been parked up at farnborough for weeks now and seems to have been reregistered as G-CGFD but is now for sale by TAG.

F appears to have been reregistered as G-CGFF and is also up for sale by TAG.

Both seem to have been returned to their finance companies.

So....? What gives?

Call Sign Maverick
24th Jun 2009, 20:41
they were getting rid of the learjets a few months ago. russian money drying up and AOC being moved around as the Com-Director/Md is moving on

PPE
25th Jun 2009, 07:31
Anyone aware of how the new FBO is going?

McDoo
28th Jun 2009, 11:31
According to the most reliable source possible (the refuellers at FAB), the two OS CL6s there are impounded due to non payment of debts and one is actually in the process of being sold by TAG to cover them.

Just reporting what I heard so don't shoot the messenger if this turns out to be urban myth....:mad:

pabely
29th Jun 2009, 10:29
looked like business as usual at Luton yesterday

Flintstone
29th Jun 2009, 10:43
McDoo. Urban myth.

Where would you like the bullet? ;)

Daifly
29th Jun 2009, 13:05
They're both up on JetNet as being for sale by TAG.

Not sure if it's the Urban or the Myth that were wrong.

Flintstone
29th Jun 2009, 16:04
As always there are several versions of a story and somewhere in between lies the truth.

Paradise Lost
29th Jun 2009, 17:04
Sad if true, but as posted by F'stone, maybe they're just re-trenching in this difficult charter market.

Vannin
3rd Jul 2009, 08:29
I think a lot of the answers to the above thread may be found in this recent posting on Forbes:

Rough Ride In Russia - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/26/ocean-sky-jets-markets-faces-russia.html?feed=rss_personalfinance)

Gulf4uk
3rd Jul 2009, 09:34
Showing on G-INFO now TAG Aviation Farnborough

G-CGFD 5591 CANADAIR CL600-2B16(604) REREG 02/07 ex G-OCSD

G-CGFF 5733 CANADAIR CL600-2B16(604) REREG 02/07 ex G-OCSF

Tony

MIKECR
4th Jul 2009, 16:19
OS advertising today for Captains and FO's due to 'fleet expansion'.

CaptainProp
4th Jul 2009, 16:30
Are you referring to the add on their web site? I think that's been there for months.....

CP

MIKECR
4th Jul 2009, 16:39
Nope, its the one on avianation. First time i've actually come across that particular site so not sure if its any good.

Flintstone
5th Jul 2009, 10:37
One 605 is at EGLF, the other is a 604 and they aren't Ocean Sky's aircraft any more.

Score, one out of three ;)

Dont worry
5th Jul 2009, 11:52
Hi !
Yes, what's the deal with the adds?
They have placed this add already 2 times in the previous month.
Most probably they are just hunting for resumes to have some in stock if the business is going up again.
Anybody from OC who knows what's going on?
Cheers

Gulf4uk
7th Jul 2009, 08:21
Been At EGLF A few days ?
--------------------------

G-OCSA Bombardier BD-700-1A11/Global 5000

Tony

horatio_b
13th Jul 2009, 20:51
With all the recent talk of fleet reductions at Ocean Sky, I notice
a Gulf 4 was registered to them on 10/7 as G-SADC (according to G-INFO).

This aircraft is registered to Ocean Sky(UK) Ltd whereas the rest of the fleet
were in the name of Ocean Sky Aviation Ltd.
Not sure whether this has any significance.

AircraftOperations
13th Jul 2009, 23:32
That's the ex G5 Exec G-450 with the amazing colourscheme I think. Went onto the S5- register as S5-ADC for a while.
Have no more info about it though.

Call Sign Maverick
14th Jul 2009, 09:22
the new name is all to do with the change of AOC ( was in all in the com direct name before) but he is being replaced so setting up a new AOC onder Ocean Sky UK

Der_Fischmeister
22nd Jul 2009, 13:00
Hi there ,need Informations to Ocean Sky .
Future?

Cheers

FLEXJET
29th Jul 2009, 21:35
I saw G550 G-EGNS offered for sale. Will it be replaced if sold?

2007 GULFSTREAM G550 Jet Aircraft For Sale At Controller.com (http://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft-for-sale/GULFSTREAM-G550/2007-GULFSTREAM-G550/1156497.htm)

Monkey Boy
29th Jul 2009, 22:52
That's a managed aircaft and not one owned by Ocean Sky. Yes, it's for sale (has been for a while I believe), and yes I also understand that there are other aircraft coming onto the charter market from them although I wouldn't have a clue if any of them are for the G550 owner.

chelsky
3rd Aug 2009, 22:50
it is a managed aircraft. and if so: should the aircraft be replaced for OCS fleet? The owner intends to sell/change the aircraft but not the operator. Which operator is going to manage this aircraft for 1100 hours with a better results?
She is gourgeous - is she?
4027 has the same author - Jean Pierre Fantini out of Cannes... she was designed as to remined a chocolate pack for Mr. Crossland out of London.
5167 was designed as "qubes-flying-awayr" for a "lot of children" family...
OCS is the operator for both 4027 and 5167 now...

AircraftOperations
13th Aug 2009, 20:24
Seem to have a G-reg Challenger 850 now, and their site mentions many more medium and heavy jets to come.