PDA

View Full Version : Varig To Drop MEX/CDG/MAD. Focus On South America

long-courrier
11th Apr 2008, 13:17
Gol just announced they will drop MEX effective May 11, MAD effective May 12 and CDG effective June 9.

varigflier
11th Apr 2008, 14:25
Things are not too good for GOL and Varig right now. Gol is already letting go some employees and have also stopped services to several cities in Brazil.

leondelfierro
11th Apr 2008, 19:20
I bet LAN will be trying to grab some of this piece of cake, they're trying to join the Brazilean Market since quite a few years ago, may be this is their chance

islandsurvivor
1st May 2008, 11:29
That's true about the routes that varig will cancel. But the nacional flight are going ok. Gol cancel just 1 route to SJC in Brasil due to the low PAX load.
Gol and Varig will focus at the south america routes so they can reach the profit they want to have. Until the end of the year all the fleet will be 737NG, it will help both company to improve their profit and also their flights.

islandsurvivor
1st May 2008, 11:50
I think Varig is doing the right thing. If the route is not profitable it's better to drop the route and try focus in the profitable one.
I think TAM is making a very big bet investing so much money in big airplanes(A330, A340, MD-11, 767, etc). I've seen this movie before with VASP, VARIG(old one), TRANSBRASIL and others.
Today the market is good, growing up...but here in Brasil its not forever. I want to know the time the aviation here go down how TAM will lead with all those big airplanes and lot of crews!? I don't want then to go bad because the most aviantion grows, better for us, pilots. But it's a very unusual thing that's is happening with TAM, out of the brazilian standards for aviantion.