PDA

View Full Version : Orange air/Linejet N-194at

Earl
11th Apr 2008, 05:06
Was recently told by the FAA that once a N registered airplane left the USA and started operating in a third world country such as Jordan and claiming a Lebanese AOC that the engine A/D's and manufactures checks were difficult to enforce.
So basically this guy Musin Mahgrabia is getting away with breaking every reg in the books.
As he had done lying and cheating crews on the L-1011 and the 747
There is no other alternate means of compliance to operate this aircraft with overdue engine A/D's d checks etc.
This from the FAA.
Took them a while to answer but understand they are busy now days.
Enforcement of these regulations are almost impossible once a N registered aircraft leaves the USA, but they are hoping IATA and IOSA will start to enforce the regulations soon.
Any and all N registered Tristars I was told not conforming to the current manufacturers checks are operating illegally worldwide.
Really serious here Muhgrabi because you are the only N registered that has not complied!
All other foriegn operators with the 522 RR have shut down as they complied with the regs.
Even non N registrars.

Just the messenger here, but with whats happening now with the FAA I suspect things will be looked at much closer,soon!
You can run but you cant hide!
Should have paid your crews Muhgrabi. this is just the beginning!
Advertising on climb to350again?
Did I hear you had A UN contact, wow people are interested in this one!
Had a really interesting reply from a US congressman today .
Understand that no sim now since November in the UK, Delta in ATL?
So all your crews are not current and hauling United Nations troops out of Pakistan.
There is another sim in the UK, with the RAF? LOL!
Earl sends a nice day!
What goes around comes back around!

wannabe-aviator
11th Apr 2008, 10:36
Earl

No offence mate but you story is flawed right from the start, since when is Jordan a third world country, 25% of the US economie survives on Money invested by the Kingdom of Jordan, another 70% from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the rest from California.

Secondly since when has there been an Airline by the name of Orange Air on the Lebanese list of AOC holder, I can confirm and you may want to check this at the LCAA that there is no Airline by that name with a Lebanese AOC.

Thirdly The Lebanese CAA is overlooked by the French Authorities and the LCAA follows strict guidelines on safety and according to JAR OPS, I know this because when WOL tried to put 2 737-200 on the Lebanese registry they had delays as well as being made to carry out take offs and landing circuits to meet the guidlands as set by the LCAA.

If there are ADs and SBs to be carried out you can be rest assured that the LCAA would rather ground your entire fleet than let you carry one, take for example TMA practically the pioneer of the Long Haul Cargo Market where are they? Well as soon as thier 707 became banned in Europe due to engine requirements as well as other safety issues the AOC was revoked in less than 48 hours after they failed to comply.

Pesonally I see no point in this post especially when the examples given are non-existant and very much defamatory. :=

WA:*

OldCessna
11th Apr 2008, 12:13
Dear Mr Wannabee

There's a stack of posts about N194AT L1011 Tristar.

Earl is spot on with his comments.

There's even pictures of this airplane carrying pilgrims in & out of Jeddah

Use the search button and you get the drift!

The plane was ferried to MIA to be used for parts 3 or so years ago.

Next thing its winging around Jordan & Africa carrying PAX.

Amazing

GotTheTshirt
11th Apr 2008, 12:34
Wanabbe ( Good Name!)

Earl did not say they were on Lebanese AOC ! (read it again :oh:)

He said they claim to be on Lebanese AOC.
In fact these people "claim" everything.
Yes the C check is current.
Yes the AD's are all complied with.
Yes the crew all have full ratings.
Yes the cheques in the mail.

You need to get out more.
The point about his Email was a warning and I can tell you it is a very worth while warning !!

IncidentallyI have worked with Lebanese register and you are correct they follow the rules:hmm:

wannabe-aviator
11th Apr 2008, 13:07
Appologies are in order, Indeed Earl did say they claim but I can confirm that they have not got a Lebanese AOC so no longer need to claim anything.

With regards to his posting fair enough his trying to warn us for our safety and safety of the others, which am personally greatful for but am sure if its under the N register the FAA has powers to revoke such registration.

But there was no need to come out with Jordan being a Third world country, am no fan of Jordan the country or goverment but fact be said I dont like it when people call nations third world because they dont happen to be in the USA.

Lastly I am fond of my name on this website it relates to Haword Hughes and me wanting to emulate him which is wishful thinking on my behlaf but hey for us aviators the Sky isnt the limit its our Home one way or another.

Again sorry and I will eat my shorts, on another point indeed the LCAA is one of the better CAAs in that region.

WA:ok:

Earl
11th Apr 2008, 15:12
Story is not flawed wannabe.
I was one of the operating crew that ferried this aircraft to Amman.
So I know what was on this ferry permit.
He advertises for crew under the name linejet.
Jordan allows him to operate in and out of there, the company is based there also.
So figure it out!

wannabe-aviator
11th Apr 2008, 18:17
Since when having a dodgy CAA been a permit for a country to be a third world or a developt country hmmm.

Fact be told if the above is the case how much of a F---- UP has the FAA been doing lately does that mean the USA is a third world nation :ugh:

Also if you had such bad reservation then you had a duty as a commander or part of the flight crew to point out these problems but your like everyone else, you only start bitching about these problems once you have left an organisation which is a pitty, your mowning would have been better centered to the principals of that organisation.

And may I repeat my self again this Airline does NOT have a Lebanese AOC be under the name of Orange air or LINEJET, btw why hasnt the FAA revoked the registration of this Aircraft if its under N register hhmm.

Like I said I have no problem with your argument but sometimes you need to put things in a more deplomatic way that may or may not warrent negativity from members of this forum, IE.. My reaction to third world and Lebanese AOC which are both wrong, if your sooooo worried May I provide you with the contact details highly ranked guys at the LCAA and JCAA if you want to send them your worries.

If the FAA cannot do anything about a N registered Aircraft how in gods name are you expecting someone else to do so.

WA:ok:

clevlandHD
13th Apr 2008, 01:24
Last month the said bird was gathering dust in KRT.

Earl
13th Apr 2008, 03:44
Heard through the grape vine that it was down for an engine change.

GotTheTshirt
13th Apr 2008, 12:09
Earl,
Thats right - not too many 22B's out there. :}

Earl
13th Apr 2008, 12:40
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/list_en.htm
New EU blacklist is out.
Seems there is a company named Orange Air with an AOC in Sierra Leone.
Banned in Bahrain also.
http://www.caa.gov.bh/airlinesnotallowed.htm
Same company maybe?

411A
13th Apr 2008, 18:10
Heard through the grape vine that it was down for an engine change.
Yes, quite true. Two engine ferry from Khartoum to the Arabian Gulf for said engine change.
However, seems there are slight problems, so I'm told.
CAA inspectors have been noticed in the vicinity...never a good sign.:}