PDA

View Full Version : Indigo DEC job..

MDDog
11th Apr 2008, 03:15
Considering a Direct Entry CA job with Indigo... I'm wanting feedback or info from anyone who's done it, or maybe worked with another Indian carrier in a similar capacity.

I've flown in and out of India with Gemini Air Cargo before, so it's not that I'm trying to get info on flying in India, but I would like to know what kind of FO's I'd be flying with.. I was told that some FO's aren't even allowed to do take of and landings.. which sound crazy to me.

Also, what's expat life like there... how far does $1500/month go for housing, can I bring my family and get a clean nice home in a clean neighborhood say in Bangalore?

Thanks for any input..

MDDog
11th Apr 2008, 07:05
Hey thanks for the info.. I've been talking with Blue and he told me the staffing is an issue now and hopes it's remedied.. I flew the MD11, but my last job got me an A320 PIC Type and 215 hours of time on it.. I am being told I will be able to fly direct "Trainee Captain" until I've flown 100hrs left seat IOE and I heard something about having to do 12 line checks!!! :eek: I sure hope they're like the FAA line checks and not a second guess fest!

Anyway, I am looking at a lot of options, including Jazeera, and Vietnam.. I'm most concerned about Quality of life, and commute (or possibly bringing the family with)..

Overall, it sounds like you're not too unhappy.. I guess I just don't want to be abused with 14 hour days and min rests... that would be a show stopper for me.

RnR
11th Apr 2008, 09:20
Hi MdDog,

Have you thought of Tiger Airways in Singapore,
If it's quality of life, sin city is great, but expensive,
you won't get rich there,
Cheers

Off to,
RnR:)

RoyalEnfield
11th Apr 2008, 23:20
Hey MDDog, I have a proposition. You take the job at Indigo and hook me up with Gemini. Sound good? I'll have a 12 pack for you in the mail if you do! :ok: