PDA

View Full Version : Theory in UK and CPL in different JAA state?

acuba 290
11th Apr 2008, 01:37
Is it possible in some JAA states to have accepted CPL skill test and theory exams done in different countries? It is a question of some agreement between some JAA states or how it works? Where is it possible to get information regarding UK for example? nothing on CAA webpage about it...

Does anybody knows some examples inside JAA states?

MIKECR
11th Apr 2008, 09:24
For the uk - if you sat your atpl theory in the uk then you must train for the cpl in the uk too, UNLESS you have the written aothority of the CAA to conduct the training in another member state.

Best check with your own authority.

Rugbyears
11th Apr 2008, 09:36
Mikecer - That’s contrary to what I had been informed at Bristol Ground School. Yes, Airlines prefer an individual to conduct their training with the same trainer, but this is merely a preference. It was suggested that in theory, ATPL examinations could be completed here in the UK, and then engage the CPL within a complying member state. However, it is important to note, your licence will clearly show the issuing state whether or not it is JAA approved.

acuba 290
11th Apr 2008, 10:20
that is what i mean, looks like JAA approved not enough, has to be CAA approved :sad:

JUST-local
11th Apr 2008, 11:09
This has been covered many times before!

It is "possible" to do the Theory in one JAA state and the CPL training/skill test in another JAA state, the matter is one of state of licence issue!
You will find that the states have to agree to accept each others exams or CPL training.
I beleive the only JAA state who has a blanket acceptance of the UK JAA thoery is Greece. So you would complete the CPL training in Greece using your UK theory then have a Greek issued JAA CPL, the issue of it takes time!

The UK CAA will more than likley agree to you doing your training in another state but you will struggle getting the authority from most of the other JAA member states for the practical element. Problem seems to be one of communication! i.e they don't speak English in the office, this is the case at the DGAC (Spanish CAA)! so basically you will not get any response from Spain or France and probable others!

If you are trying to save money, do your IR in Spain at Aerodynamics first then come back to the UK and do a 15 hour (MIN!) CPL course on a SEP.

Any questions?

AlphaMale
11th Apr 2008, 11:20
Although reading this thread:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=321552

Makes me wonder if it's worth the risk in doing a ME-IR in Spain.

Might be better of doing a ME-IR and then complete the CPL (15hrs min) in the UK with the same FTO. I know B-F-C in Bristol train the students IR before CPL and it seems to work for them.

acuba 290
11th Apr 2008, 13:39
well, UK based flying is no alternative for me := too expensive

AlphaMale
11th Apr 2008, 20:43
Couldn't agree more.