PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Operators Contact Info?

G3
1st Jun 2001, 00:38
Would appreciate a little contact info for coporate type operators in the Middle East.
Anything from CE500 to VIP B727/B737 aircraft. I am familiar with the well known ones, Aramaco, Amiri Fleets etc. I am looking for any relatively new charter operators or company/family flight departments. All info is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

G3

maxrevs
2nd Jun 2001, 05:42
I think there's a company in Riyadh called Corporate Wings International, but not sure if they are still operating - anyone?
Max

DownIn3Green
3rd Jun 2001, 03:59
Try SAMCO in Riyadh...

slr
8th Jun 2001, 00:54
Corporate Wings International is company to stay away from. They are operating illegally in Saudi Arabia. Have first hand knowledge of company and principals.

DownIn3Green
8th Jun 2001, 05:31
OOps, forgot to mention.

Stay away from IDG Cayman, Ltd. Check the thread on this forum titled "Saga of IDG".

They apparently don't pay the crews.

G3
9th Jun 2001, 00:05
Everyone, Thank you for the info! Does anyone have any thing a little more specific, ie. contact info?

Best regards,

G3

777AV8R
10th Jun 2001, 10:53
Having had first hand knowlege of some of the operators in SA....not a great place anymore gang. They want our expertise, but don't want you there.

mutt
10th Jun 2001, 21:46
777AV8R,

Hows it going?

I heard a wonderful comment today, "we train them and then they leave, why?????" Poor guy just couldnt understand why the delights of Asia appeared sweeter.

Mutt http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/guin.gif

777AV8R
13th Jun 2001, 10:08
Muttster...nice to hear from you. You must be the only one left there, holding up the tent!!

Things are going great. Finished 5 weeks of ground school and sim. Class operation by any standard. They are backed up in training. Don't expect to be back there for about 4 to 5 months, but hey...we are being paid!

All the best there to you, Mutt. I will see you around here.

Regards

JJflyer
13th Jun 2001, 13:37
Hey there Mutt et al.

For those that think about working anywhere in the world other than their native country. Be very careful where you stick your nose.
I have learned from experience that there are so many croocks in aviation that it is actually dumbfounding. Most of VIP operators have a good reputation for paying on time and in full. But a few rotten apples in the barrel ruin the whole crop.

I am still owed just over 17000 USD from one company in SA. An international consultancy agency owed me a much smaller amount and I confiscated some of their equipment equal to amount owed and told them "Pay and you get your stuff". Heard nothing for over 3 years.

Just be VERY VERY CAREFUL OUT THERE !!!!!!!!

JJ

maxrevs
22nd Jun 2001, 22:13
Are there any B727s still operating in the corporate (reputable) field in the Saudi area, or are they long-gone? If so, do they have a big turn over of crews?
Regards & Thx, Max

------------------
When I push the panic button, the breaker pops!

JJflyer
22nd Jun 2001, 22:35
27 cockpit crew that I know of in the last year and a half. Only operating one B727. I guess you could call that a turnover or attrition :)

JJ

DownIn3Green
23rd Jun 2001, 05:43
The good 727 Captain jobs are hard to come by and the guys who have them tend to stay.

If you're offered a job, try to find out where the guy you're replacing is and ask him why he left.

You can usually get a year out of a contract even with a crappy company, but make absolutly sure you get a "Saudi Work Rules" contract. That should protect you.

That's something the IDG guys didn't have, or they wouldn't be going through their agony now...

yan
24th Jun 2001, 16:43
Hey JJflyer! Are you talking about VP-CKA???

mutt
24th Jun 2001, 18:29
Maxrevs,

I think that there are 3 of them, none of which are IDG. The only operator name that I know of is Dallah, but I'm not too sure if they are replacing the 727 with a BBJ.

DI3G, tailnumbers are difficult, care to send me a photo of the new paint scheme and I will let you know if one of your last comments on the IDG topic is correct.

Mutt. :)

maxrevs
25th Jun 2001, 23:39
DI3G,
I've known of two instances where guys were hired for positions (not flightcrew)on phonecalls and faxes alone. The people doing the hiring would send some made-up piece of paper, looking like a contract over the fax. The "bait" would be swallowed because the poor s.o.b.s were hoping to get a better life for themselves, only to find that there wasn't much going for them, once they got to the job. The "Saudi Work Rules" info is a tip for everyone to keep in mind, since some of the so-called contracts are not worth the paper that they are written on. Good point DI3G.
Best regards, Max

------------------

DownIn3Green
26th Jun 2001, 14:53
Yan,

VP-CKA = SAMCO. A good outfit to work for as of 1997-98. Pay always on time, expenses paid without question (no niggling over exchange rates, etc) and Captain's fund replenished as needed.

Also, this is the only 100 with -15 engines.

MaxRevs- Yes, that was my point. With the exception of SAMCO I have always been hired over the phone by fax and recommendation. (SAMCO was the exception because I was living in Riyadh at the time) Funny how the legit Saudi operators (i.e.-Saudi Work Rules contract) are more reliable than some US Managed operations.

Mutt, I can't scan at the moment but VP-CMN passed through JED recently with a crew not endorsed by the Cayman CAA. My info is they are now in Malaysia with "Mr. Big" (THE main passenger) who is unaware of all of this drama. The plane is now a soft eggshell white with thin maroon stripes along the fuselage. Very nice looking.

I understand the crew is in for a surprise when they get back from this trip.

maxrevs
26th Jun 2001, 20:51
And from what I hear, some Oz managed flight departments also.
Max

------------------