PDA

View Full Version : Current situation in Qatar

bugs bunny
29th Sep 2001, 19:39
Hi there, I'd like to know what is the situation like in Qatar right now as I should leave my current job in Europe and move over there pretty soon. Are they still flying normally? How are expats feeling and locals feeling about expats? Do you think it is still safe? It's a big move, I need feedback. Please help
Cheers

Speedbrake Lever
6th Oct 2001, 13:22
Hi Bugs

Well its Qatar yes its safe thats for sure as regards anything else well most of the Gulf airlines are reeling in a bit on amount of schedules but that's about all at the minute, you mustn't pay too much attention to the media (TV or papers) no matter where you are

remember NOTHING has happened. In the gulf war in 91 there was a lot of action and unless you were military there was concern for about 3 to 4 days go for it, but please keep an open mind otherwise you're a goner,

I won't say anything about QA but if you're going ok, but the Gulf has no problem i think thats what you're on about
and I haven't heard of any reduncies as yet in the region
SL
"Good Luck "

ironbutt57
6th Oct 2001, 15:30
No pwoblems anywhere here you wascally wabbit ;) :p :cool:

bugs bunny
7th Oct 2001, 13:31
Thank you SL and Ironbutt, I really appreciate your answers, I'll give it a try...
Are you guys with QA? Any furhter info?
Cheers ;) :confused:

Speedbrake Lever
7th Oct 2001, 23:40
BUGS YOU'RE WELCOME

NO WITH GULF BUT NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO ON THIS PLANET IT SEEMS THERE'S SOMETHING UP

DOHA IS SAFE THATS FOR SURE ITS OPENING UP BUT BY THE TIME ITS AT A LEVEL YOU AND I WOULD CALL REASONABLY GOOD WE'LL PROBABLY BE PUSHING UP DAISIES

BUT FROM MATES THERE WHEN YOU SOS IT OUT IT'S NOT BAD AND SURVIVEABLE FOOD IS GOOD
MIND YOU NOT PORK
SCHOOLS ARE GOOD
PUBS ARE AVAILABLE ALTHOUGH A BIT EXPENSIVE BUT IN DUE COURSE YOU'LL FIND THE PLACES PEOPLE GO THAT AREN'T SO DEAR
SATELLITE TV FROM EVERYWHERE
RUGBY SOCCER SPORT OF ALL SORTS AVAILABLE QUITE A GOOD NEW GOLF COURSE (GRASS) SO YES ITS NOT QUITE PROBABLY WHAT YOU'RE USED TO

BUT LIKE ANYWHERE GIVE IT A CHANCE

GOOD LUCK !! SL

bugs bunny
8th Oct 2001, 15:10
Thanks again SL, it's nice to hear something not so bad compared to many other responses I have seen in the past.
I'll be there pretty soon.
Cheers,
Bugs