PDA

View Full Version : Colour weak eye sight and flying in the UAE?

rom
10th Apr 2008, 16:50
Hi Everyone flying in the UAE...

I'm unfortunfortunate enough to be colour-weak (Not colour blind) just some colour's I cant see when looking in book with all the dots.... I need to do a lantern test to get my JAA and SIN medical's. No big deal... But I have heard that there might be some special requirement in the UAE? Is there anyone how have or knows anyone with the same problem?

Do they accept other countries medical approvals??

I would just like to know before i apply...

Cheers

ROM

Wings Of Fury
11th Apr 2008, 14:41
Hi rom,

I have been in the same little situation, there is like two pages that i struggle see in the Ishihara book. I got my medical in my home country by a lantern test too.

What do I do when doing medical in foreign countries? Learn those pages :)

Not to sure what the UAE does but were I am they didn't even test my eyes!! But I prepared just in case they showed me that book!
Sorry I cant help you but there are plenty of pilots out there with very minor color perception than you think, but get a copy of the Ishihara book, makes life a bit easier :ok:
Try this site: http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html

brakpanner
24th May 2008, 10:19
wof...
hi thaks i done the colour test thats on the link - i am R/G colour blind BUT what i found strange and maybe you could shed some light on this when i TILT my computer screen i CAN actually see 5 of the 6 plates, and even with the bottom plate straight on i can see a number 2 but when i TILT my screen i can see the NUMBER 5 as clear as day light ...STRANGE !!! i certainly am gonna investigate this ...