PDA

View Full Version : Flight simulator 2004

Commanche 260
10th Apr 2008, 15:42
Hi everyone.

Can't solve this one out. All my gauges for fs2004 default aircraft have gone. thats right, gone. I have no AI, DI, airspeed, altitude, GPS, Radio stack etc.

Could someone please tell me how to retrieve them without re-installing fs 2004. Thanks

gingernut
13th Apr 2008, 15:08
Ctrl + W

?

planecrazy.eu
14th Apr 2008, 18:20
lol...

That unhides the panel doesnt it?

It could be that some files have became corrupt, lost or deleted...

Looks like a re-install unless some smart person on here knows how to get the files from the disc or ????

Happened to me years and years ago, i installed an addon, and messed all my gauges and pannels up, and some scenery, remember the runway been around 20ft of the floor, pretty hard to take off when that happens :)

gingernut
15th Apr 2008, 15:52
It's worse when it happens in a real plane.

(OK, it was only the heading indicator, and it was only circuits, and it was only a cessna, and I could see the pennines some miles away.)

Kerosine
15th Apr 2008, 18:00
If you mean they're just hidden when flying, press shift+1 (on numbers above letters).

If the textures/parts are missing from the panel, I'm pretty sure there's a directory that handles all the gauges (called 'gauges' funnily enough), so if you can get a fresh copy of those files it should restore them.

If not, move all your saved games out of the install directory, re-install, then move your saved games back. No harm done :ok:

I'm in work now so can't have a gander for you but if you PM me I'll respond tonight.

NotPilotAtALL
16th Apr 2008, 03:19
Hi,

If you need to locate any files on any disks of FS2004 take a look here:

http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.html

(as you will see ..they are "the gauges" on disk N°2 !)

Maybe this will help you and avoid a pain reinstall :)

BTW .. this forum is not really the best for rely on FS infos or help.

Please check the Avsim forums instead !! :)

http://forums.avsim.net

Cheers for now .