PDA

View Full Version : Skywest turns 45 and celebrates in Style

topend3
10th Apr 2008, 15:22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Release 2008-04-09

9 April 2008

MEDIA RELEASE

Skywest turns 45 and celebrates in Style.

SKYWEST Airlines announced today it is celebrating its 45

th
Birthday, and will celebrate for the entire duration of April.

Skywest Airlines began operations in 1963 as ‘Carnarvon Air Taxis’. The journey over the last 4 decades has seen the airline develop from humble beginnings to a fleet of 13 aircraft and flying to 23 destinations over 3 States and Internationally.

Skywest Chief Executive Officer, Paul Daff, said the airline turning 45 is a significant milestone that we are proud to be celebrating.

"The notable age of the airline highlights its stability and strength. Skywest turning 45 comes at an exciting time for the airline, as Skywest once again expands its fleet with an additional 2 Jets secured and set to arrive in the coming month."

"In conjunction with the increase in Skywest’s JET fleet, and our milestone birthday, we will be running a competition for the month of April that will culminate with one lucky person receiving the private use of a Skywest F100 JET for ‘Lunch in Broome’ (provided by Cable Beach Club Resort) for the winner and 45 of his/her friends!"

The competition is set to start on 12/04/2008, and will involve submissions of ’25 Words or Less’ why the entrant should win the incredible prize.

-END OF MEDIA RELEASE-

Terms & Conditions: Fares | Terms & Conditions: Carriage | Investor Relations | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer

cunninglinguist
11th Apr 2008, 00:51
the private use of a Skywest F100 JET

So not in the 320 then :} ;)

Ref + 10
11th Apr 2008, 01:31
Hehe. Cunning are you trying to see how many different threads you can have a light hearted dig at Skywest on??

Two in two days by my count.... ;)

topend3
11th Apr 2008, 06:01
i don't think the 1st 320 is due till November....

XRlent100
11th Apr 2008, 09:36
VH-FNC Skywest's sixth Fokker 100 arrived in Australia last night.
:ok: its all good

vee1-rotate
11th Apr 2008, 11:57
noice prize! tempted to enter...

Stationair8
13th Apr 2008, 00:09
The old Skywest Aviation always paid good money and if you on the coastwatch contract you got plenty of flying.

They always set a good standard for training and pilot conditions, and no one had to pay for endorsements!!!

XRlent100
13th Apr 2008, 01:34
They still don't charge for endorsements and when/if the A320 comes old Cunning might just be surprised at hom much they pay. In fact he'll probably be knocking on the door. :)

flyingfox
13th Apr 2008, 06:29
Many of the present Skywest pilots still around from the mid nineties played a shameful part in tearing up their seniority list and shafting their fellow pilots who were working in the north of Australia. Very selfish people!:=

cunninglinguist
13th Apr 2008, 08:19
Sorry, it was light hearted tho :ok:

old Cunning

I'm not a woman. I'm a man, and I'm not old, I'm 35,
" well I can hardly call you Man, can I "

topend3
13th Apr 2008, 08:50
funny how some of the people like cunning predicted, when FNY started flying broome 3 x per week about 4 years back that it would last 6 months. Now they have 6 jets, soon to be 7....and more to follow...so cunning is hardly a good judge of the future prospects...

bush mechanics
13th Apr 2008, 11:01
Mate just charge them 2 cartons next time.But thats just for opening the tool box.Yeah I can think of a few people/companys that owe a slab or 2
Cheers

dodgybrothers
13th Apr 2008, 13:39
cunning 35!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. OOOH ha geez. Sorry did I not believe?