PDA

View Full Version : Job Offer with Emirates

moroccan
9th Apr 2008, 22:38
Hello,

I got an unofficial job offer with Emirates Airline after interviewing with them. They basically told me that I was successful after the interview and that I should be receiving a formal job offer. It has now been 2 and a half weeks and I didn't get a formal offer yet. I am getting a little worried.
Is this normal? I can access the "selected candidates" page and every time I try to log on into my work application I get a message that says that I can't log on because I have an offer.

Anyone who has been in this similar situation? Any input or advice? Are they taking long because they are performing a background check?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: This is regarding an engineering position.

spannersatcx
10th Apr 2008, 08:40
Patience is a virtue.:)

But don't resign from present position until you get the offer in writing, things change at EK all the time, there may be a difference in opinion between HR and Engineering, i.e. Engineering want but HR says NO.

The Dodger
10th Apr 2008, 08:57
Hi there Moroccan. I agree with what Spannerstax has said. I have just gone through the application process for my new job. With the refrences, both professional and personel. Security checks etc, it has taken just under a month for me to get a phone call last night from one of my new bosses, to say that my airside passes have been granted and we can complete the final pieces of paperwork. Things are taking time because of the security nowadays. You will get there, you just have to be paitent:)

JETZ Tech
10th Apr 2008, 15:40
Morrocan,
If you are from the Middle East then you should be aware that things proceed at a very different pace. To answer your question , don' t get worried.What you are experiencing is very normal for them. If they have advised you that you have been successful then things are handed over to another part of HR. He/she will be in contact with you. Have you responded saying you have accepted their offer that was sent to you or are you not at this stage as yet. After advising you of being successful, the next contact is when you are sent a copy of their offer to which you are expected to either accept or decline. After either acceptance then you will be sent the Pre-empolyment pre-requisites i.e medical forms, dental forms, family information etc.
Hope this was helpfull.

moroccan
10th Apr 2008, 15:58
Wow! you guys are of GREAT help!!! Thank you everyone for your reply. You answered my questions. I am a US citizen but originally from North Africa so I guess the reason they are taking long is because they are doing a background check. I have received the e-mail saying that I was successful and I have responded with my acceptance. They told me that the next step would be to get a formal offer and it has taken 3 weeks. That's why I got a little worried. But from what you guys said, this apprears to be normal. I even contacted the engineering HR and was told that I would hear from them soon but that was 2 weeks ago!!!

Thank you all once again for your replies.

CY333
11th Apr 2008, 16:02
Cyprus Airways took 3 months to answer me but they took me on.
Give it time.............

Jibroni
29th Apr 2008, 15:36
If i may ask what are the pre requisites of Emirates and what positions were offered?

JETZ Tech
29th Apr 2008, 15:45
View them yourself on thier web site. Emirates.com and look under vacancies. Type in what position you are searching for and then what is required will be displyed.
That way you won't get wrong information.

liccy1
29th Apr 2008, 18:15
Hi, Negotiate hard with your starting salary!! DO NOT accept the first few offers as some of the new joiners are on different packages with anything up to 40% increase in pay difference from existing employees, A very sore point to say the least!!!!! Good luck

SectionL
30th Apr 2008, 22:05
I use to hold UK CAA Section L A&C cat license with 10yrs of Line and Hangar checks. I've since relocated to US and got my FAA A&P and have been trying to get a job without any luck so far. My draw back is the recruiter are looking for individuals holding FAA A&P with FAR experience. Since I was trained using CAIP's that makes me an entry level applicant with nil experience.

So if anyone out there knows or is looking for someone with Boeing757/767 maintenance experience i'd appreciate if you can PM me. Appreciate all the help i can get. Thanks ya all.

jb1191982
11th May 2008, 16:56
sectionL try continental airlines they are doing alot of hiring.

jb1191982
11th May 2008, 17:01
moroccon I am very intrested in working for Emirates airlines and have recently applied. I have 3yrs corprate exp. and started at continental airlines sep. 07. Do you know if I would meet their requirements.

thank you, jb1191982

SectionL
14th May 2008, 05:35
Many thanks for the tip JB1191982.

I see that you have experience on corporate jets. Currently there are many openings for Corp Jet maintenance. If i want to get some corp Jet experience how do i go about it and which company is currently offering hiring individuals like me?

As for emirates i did apply myself. One reply but no call for interviews yet.

jb1191982
15th May 2008, 22:10
Hello sectionL
Try the fractional aircraft company's out there they have alot of planes and they put alot of hrs on them so there is plenty of work. Dont try citation shares they have no mechanics of there own.