PDA

View Full Version : Qustion BOUT Orlando Flight Training

Nawras 4
9th Apr 2008, 16:30
Hello . . .

I want to took pilot course in Orlando Flight Training, do you advice me to study there ?

Thank you . . .

bajadj
9th Apr 2008, 17:26
judging by your location i think there could be visa complications.

doctordoom
9th Apr 2008, 18:14
Bajadj that's a bit of a racist remark there :=. Nawras 4 try get as much study done befor you go out the more you do the easier you will find it. Best of luck :ok:

Mercenary Pilot
9th Apr 2008, 18:15
Why racist? It's the truth. :hmm:

bajadj
9th Apr 2008, 18:20
not intended to be rascist in the slightest. I'm in groundschool at the moment and one of my classmates is Iranian and is doing his complete training in the uk due to problems getting a visa for the U.S. part of his training. I would have thought an Afghani trainee would have similar problems.

mason
9th Apr 2008, 19:45
I thought it was quite funny actually !!

jono1978
9th Apr 2008, 19:47
stay clear!

nh2301
10th Apr 2008, 00:13
Who says he's Afghani? He might be in the Armed Forces, looking for a career change.

bajadj
10th Apr 2008, 07:14
I made my assumption based on the grammar of the original post.

Rugbyears
10th Apr 2008, 09:57
@Jono1978 - Why, what is your reason for this?

@Bajadj Will you kindly stop causing trouble...!!!;)

B2N2
10th Apr 2008, 20:45
The ability to read, speak, write, and understand English is already a U.S. regulatory eligibility requirement

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/english_proficiency/

No comments.....

doctordoom
10th Apr 2008, 23:32
It mite be the truth but that was not the question the bloke asked :ugh:
I can not see why a Afghan person would be denied acsess to the U.S.A plenty of Afghan people fight along side U.S troop's and have died in the process after all it is the land of the free.

bajadj
11th Apr 2008, 06:46
it is exactly the question the bloke asked. He is asking if anyone advises him to study at OFT and I do not advise he sttudies at OFT if he can't get a visa to train there. Whether people fight and die alongside U.S. troops is completely and utterly irrelevent. What is relevent is whether the bloke can get a visa to train in the U.S. or not. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

but maybe flying is in his blood so what would i know?

abs_kols
11th Apr 2008, 15:45
well im at oft at the moment and its not that bad. although expect to buy a car or a bicycle if your into that in your uniform. what they dont tell you is that they have 2 bases at the airport on opposite sides so its about a 4mile walk. ohh and their housing rates are ridiculous for a room with a really crappy contract in which they pretty much take the clothes of your backside if you change your mind.

Nawras 4
11th Apr 2008, 16:20
Soory, i'm from Oman not Afganistan

I want some one who stady or stadying now in oft if he advice me to study there or not

If any one knows information about Nelson aviation college in Newzland

Thank you . . .

doctordoom
19th Apr 2008, 13:53
Your the typical smart arse PPruner bajadj :mad: ****. Could you have not givin the bloke a straight answer instead of some smart arse racist remark

bajadj
19th Apr 2008, 15:30
and you're a typical uber p.c. idiot which there are far too many on this forum.

Mercenary Pilot
19th Apr 2008, 15:39
If you think bajadj is racist, you're gonna love the TSA. :D

:rolleyes:

Pace152
19th Apr 2008, 16:02
I think somebody needs to look up racism in a dictionary, that wasn't a racist comment.

I'm from the UK and would probably find it difficult to get a visa to work in Zimbabwe at the moment.

doctordoom
19th Apr 2008, 16:16
Think there is far to many like you on pprune bajadj. I am suprised you didint ask Nawras 4 to do a search for his answer, wots the point in pprune if somebody askes a question and you give a smart arse answer or tell them to go do a search :ugh: its about tryin to help each other out. ****** :ok:

bajadj
19th Apr 2008, 16:25
ok. I'll accept that my original answer was short and a bit curt, but i presumed (wrongly) that this guy was an afghani national and i pointed out that he may struggle to get a visa being such. This is relevent NOT racist. It is NOT acceptable to accuse people of racism on this or any forum when their actions quite simply are not. You can accuse me of smart arse comments, thats not a problem. Acusing me of racism is. I suggest you read this thread again.

doctordoom
19th Apr 2008, 16:57
I never said you were a racist I just said it was a bit of a racist remark. It's no problem for anybody to get a Visa for the U.S no matter were in the world they are from, why did you say it would be a problem for him to get a Visa for the U.S.

bajadj
19th Apr 2008, 17:08
because there is an Iranian guy on my groundschool course who is having to do his cpl in the uk as has been refused a visa to train in the U.S.

doctordoom
19th Apr 2008, 17:30
Iran is an exception mate, I dont want to get into politics if I did I would not be on pprune. Your makin such a big deal over nothing I am sorry if you think I was callin you a racist which I would never call anybody with out just cause. I just said it was a bit of a racist remark. I dont think it is fare to refuse anybody from any country a Visa with out a good reason. It just got up my nose wot you said in replying to Nawras 4's question it didint really give him any help which is wot he was looking for.

bajadj
19th Apr 2008, 17:54
fair enough. Lets leave it at that then.

Mercenary Pilot
19th Apr 2008, 17:58
wots the point in pprune if somebody askes a question and you give a smart arse answer or tell them to go do a searchAnd what's the point to continually have to repeat yourself when the poster could just do a search or read the sticky which clearly states READ BEFORE YOU POST A QUESTION!?

I dont think it is fare to refuse anybody from any country a Visa with out a good reason.To be honest, it doesn't matter what you think. The Americans are still a little bit upset about the whole "9/11 thing" and getting a flight training visa is not that easy. It's an expensive, intrusive and annoying paperwork process involving a visit to the US embassy and having your fingerprints taken among other stuff.

It's a big shame because America is an amazing place to fly around and a great place to gain flight experience but it's their country and they make the rules.

P.S. Fortunately you don't need a visa to fly there if you already have the licences but some countries citizens will still be required to have a visa to travel there. Afghanistan, unsurprisingly, is one of those countries. :ok:

captain_rossco
19th Apr 2008, 22:09
And with that, our good friend Merc Pilot put this story to bed. Well said mate.

The End

P.S, Still wasn't a racist remark...........

Halfwayback
20th Apr 2008, 09:45
This thread has lost it's way and is closed.

There are numerous other thread regarding OFT which will be found using the search engine - or just browsing!

HWB