PDA

View Full Version : Merged:The meeting of 1000 Australians - April 19&20

cogwheel
9th Apr 2008, 04:07
Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has invited all Australians to contribute their ideas toward building a modern nation that is ready for the challenges of the 21st century. On April 19 and 20 at Parliament House in Canberra, the Prime Minister will convene the Australia 2020 summit, a gathering of 1000 leading Australians: business people, community leaders and industry experts who normally do not have a voice in Parliament.

This impressive group will discuss Australia’s future in 10 key areas, including the economy, sustainability and climate change, indigenous affairs, the future of governance, and a long-term national health strategy.

“If we want to shape the kind of nation Australia will be in 2020, the work needs to start now,” said the Prime Minister. “There are few limits to Australia’s future potential—now is the time to start turning our nation’s potential into a reality.”

The summit will be co-chaired by the Prime Minister and Professor Glyn Davis of the University of Melbourne.

http://www.austemb.org/whwh/newsletter.html

Does anybody know if there is any representation from the aviation industry on the attendance list???

Have not seen any mention to date - it would be sad (but not unexpected) if there was nobody there to fly the flag so to speak.:sad::sad:

tipsy2
9th Apr 2008, 05:11
A quick scan of the participants list showed up a number people on the periphery of 'operational aviation'. Only one on the list I know to have held a PPL many years ago.

Very sad really. So much for representation.

tipsy

tinpis
9th Apr 2008, 05:16
Didnt get a berth tipsy?

Be some nice eats and stuff I'd reckon? :hmm:

triadic
9th Apr 2008, 08:48
One would have thought that one of the alphabet organisations might have got a seat, but seems not.

One of the problems of aviation in this country is that there is no unified representation. (another subject on it's own!)

we have nobody to blame but ourselves! :mad::mad::mad:

G-ZUZZ
9th Apr 2008, 08:58
Didnt get a berth tipsy?

Be some nice eats and stuff I'd reckon?

This is an example of the mindless egalitarianism and sarcastic recourse which pervades our society and hinders real social development. "What makes you think YOU should get a berth??? You think you're better than anyone else?"

Since its development, aviation has always played a large part in Australia's growth and development and should be represented by respected, qualified and clued-up aviation professionals to help ensure the industry is not left to (continue to) hang itself.

Or maybe it was a rugged attempt at some sort of wry humour.... or a wind-up?? In that case - nice one! :ok: :rolleyes:

:hmm:

Flying Binghi
9th Apr 2008, 09:08
G-ZUZZ, take the blue pills - not the red pills....:E

Is Dick going ?

Capt Wally
9th Apr 2008, 09:11
'triadic' yr quite right there but sadly we live in a world where the individual is everything, solidarity went out the window many years ago.
Aviation will bumble along for many years to come am sure, would love to have a crystal ball to see where it is heading before I retire. Aviation to the general flying public is afterall just another form of transport. Govt. see us as a tool to move the masses, no more no less!

Cw

Dick Smith
9th Apr 2008, 09:17
Nup, I'm not going.

Capt Wally
9th Apr 2008, 09:38
Hi Dick, How's the 'yanky doodle dandy' Ford going? Still on that adventure? How's the 'flyin' shaping up? would love to go to play with my toy planes but work gets in the way:{

CW

Stationair8
9th Apr 2008, 09:53
Why aren't you going Dick?

Dick Smith
9th Apr 2008, 12:37
+
Heading of to Mongolia on the 26th to try and retrieve the Earthroamer from a snowdrift and drive the Gobi.

Not going because I prefer "doing" than "talking"

I fly every day including Hobart and back in the CJ today, I always get great service from ATC!

Big announcement (re aviation) in The Australian tomorrow!

Chimbu chuckles
9th Apr 2008, 12:54
Mark my words. Virtually the only topic of discussion will be sustainability and global warming. Any other subjects discussed will be discussed ONLY in relationship to that primary subject.

1000 of Australia's best minds?

Nobody with the power of independent thought or a questioning mind, or at least a propensity to use it, will be welcome.

The bosses of industry that attend will be doing so only as rent seekers and subsidy farmers.

This is going to be an ideology driven, left wing love in...nothing more.

bushy
9th Apr 2008, 13:12
I'm not going either. Onsecond thoughts, if it's a love in.............

Chimbu chuckles
9th Apr 2008, 13:25
A recent quote from our 'esteemed leader' as he struts the world stage representing Australia:ugh:

There has to be a greater synergy between, let’s call it our policy leadership in this, which has been focused so much, legitimately, on targets and global architecture, almost reverse-engineered back to the means by which you can quickly deliver outcomes, and on the demand side in our economy we’re looking at potential advances in terms of 20 to 25% range if you do this across the board. It all takes cost, but let me tell you it’s probably the quickest lever you can pull given the challenges we face."
K Rudd

The man is a well documented control freak. Like Referenda and Royal Commissions (they never have them unless the outcome is certain and not going to bite them on the arse) there is no way a politician will risk an outcome that is uncertain either politically or personally.

This is a politically and ideologically stacked event along the lines of the Bali Climate change circus...but, unlike Bali, one Krudd can control.

Stationair8
9th Apr 2008, 21:40
Thanks for that Dick, I would rather go flying to than listen to Teflon Kev and his groupies prattle on.

Knulp
9th Apr 2008, 21:54
Biggest review in Australian aviation history launches today

THE federal Government will today launch the biggest review of Australian aviation in its 100-year history as it moves to establish a long-awaited national aviation policy.

An issues paper to be released today in Melbourne identifies a broad range of challenges facing the sector - including international liberalisation, security, pilot shortages, airport development, regulatory reform, climate change and aircraft noise - and sets the stage for the first aviation white paper to be delivered next year.

Transport Minister Anthony Albanese has called for submissions on the issues to be completed by September, and will use the white paper for formulating long-term aviation policy.

The wide-ranging review will be welcomed by an industry that has long complained about the lack of an overarching national policy.

The sector supports almost 50,000 jobs and contributes an estimated $6.8billion to gross national product.

Although there have been significant policy changes in aviation - such as the decision to deregulate the domestic market in 1990 and subsequent moves to privatise Qantas and the nation's major airports - there has never been a comprehensive national aviation policy statement.

Mr Albanese will tell industry leaders attending a forum organised by tourism and transport lobby group TTF Australia the review recognises the aviation industry's role in underpinning domestic economic growth and providing gateways to the global economy. He will emphasise the need for a long-term national strategy that closely links aviation development to the nation's economic development.

The move comes as passenger numbers at airports grow at an average annual rate of 5.8 per cent, outstripping average economic growth of 3.1 per cent.

The growth has not been without its challenges for airports, airlines, regulators and the air navigation provider, which have produced heated debate about airspace regulation, airport development, aircraft noise and the industry's contribution to global warming.

Smaller airlines continue to struggle and the general aviation sector has argued for years that it has languished because of a lack of a national policy.

The issues paper is broken into the themes of industry, infrastructure, safety, security and community protection. Questions include whether the deregulated domestic market remains the best model for delivering interstate air services, policies towards regional and remote communities and whether security is appropriate to the bush.

Other areas look at whether the Government should protect infrastructure at secondary airports and promote dialogue between airports and nearby communities and whether there should be an integrated approach to planning developments around airports.

The review will examine ways of improving governance of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority and Airservices Australia, addressing the pilot shortage and what steps the industry is taking to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and aircraft noise. Mr Albanese said the white paper would aim to give the industry certainty and incentives for long-term investment and planning.

TTF managing director Christopher Brown said last night the review would be welcomed by industry.

He said some bold one-off aviation policies, such as privatising Qantas and the airports, had emerged in recent decades.

"But no one's really sat down to deconstruct the whole thing and work where we want to be in the next ... 20years of aviation," he said.

"It's now for the industry to respond. We've got what we asked for and ... it's up to all of us to step up to the mark."

Source and full article accessible online in The Australian at
www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23515069-23349,00.html

Pinky the pilot
10th Apr 2008, 04:24
Chuckles and Frozo have summed it up fairly well I would think.:ok:

Like the Republican debate of about ten or so years ago, a lot will be said but any outcome will be nothing of substance.:ugh::mad:

Really nothing more than a ''mass debate'.'':E (Say it quickly)

Buster Hyman
10th Apr 2008, 07:00
Bino's Grumpy & TC will be there...surely?:confused:

I had to decline...forgot the words to "It's time" at the audition!

Stationair8
10th Apr 2008, 07:31
Good to see our taxes hard at work!

I would like to nominate the following Ppruners to attend:
Bushy, Tinnpis, FTDK, Gaunty, EastWest Loco, Pinky the pilot and Captain Wally.

No doubt the discussion will involve global warming, carbon offsets, aboriginals, drugs, the arts, advanced dolphin saving, possibility of a republic and no doubt a look at Kev's happy snaps from his holiday. Bet he gave the strip joints a miss in New York this time.

Will Kev speak in Mandarin or Australiaaaan?

MLW10
10th Apr 2008, 09:15
Really nothing more than a ''mass debate'.'':E

I love it!:D

Capt Wally
10th Apr 2008, 11:09
hey 'Stationair8" I'd be happy to attend but only if the Dr:8 allows me a drive of his flash Bo, daylight & in the sunshine of course!:ok:

Our taxes at work, working to keep the RUDD administration going.
Talk about a junket of the highest order!

Has that guy got the most 'plastic' smile you have ever seen? I was amazed that he didn't 'tweak' the queens bra strap like someone who went before him:E

CW

Howard Hughes
10th Apr 2008, 11:12
I would like to nominate the following Ppruners to attend:
Bushy, Tinnpis, FTDK, Gaunty, EastWest Loco, Pinky the pilot and Captain Wally.
Geez I miss out again...:{

Perhaps I should have voted Labour!;)

tinpis
11th Apr 2008, 03:00
Trust they will put out some fluffy decorations like they did at the last cringe-a-thon.

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200802/r222977_879950.jpg

Pinky the pilot
11th Apr 2008, 03:41
I'd be only too pleased to attend, providing I was permitted to check out the Parliamentary wine cellar!:ok::suspect:

Reckon Gaunty, Tinpis and FTDK would assist me in that highly worthwhile endeavour.:D

eagle 86
11th Apr 2008, 04:02
It will be a load of meaningless drivel designed to make the participants feel good about themselves - but for the rest of us a waste of our money. The silver bodgie had one which ended up tripe. Kev should stop talking and start doing.
GAGS
E86

myshoutcaptain
11th Apr 2008, 04:09
Tinpis - why dont we make our own slogan , out of empty cans. Im sure the goon bag would reflect nicely.

tinpis
11th Apr 2008, 04:19
Did Lu Kewen get his adoring publics servants (http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com.au/samanthamaiden/index.php/theaustralian/comments/free_work_choices_for_2020) to work for free I wonder?

tinpis
18th Apr 2008, 07:03
Oh my god mate.......

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughatu.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DepK3evOfNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PChAkerBLJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMDSWZ5PgA

StrutlessDrKiller
18th Apr 2008, 07:48
Will Kev speak in Mandarin or Australiaaaan?

Will anyone notice the difference?

I see he has the same sing-song voice regardless of the crap coming out of his month!

Kev 07 is big on image and little on substance!

Dr :8

PS: I'd a gone to the Summit to help the little pr*ck out with a few good ideas - cept the Bonanza's in the shop! ....... and I have a previous engagement - which I probably could have got out of ........

........ Oh, and I wasn't invited!

Stationair8
18th Apr 2008, 09:48
Totally agree Maxine, I would like more flexible work hours for us 40 plus blokes as well, after all you can't discriminate!

Pinky the pilot
18th Apr 2008, 10:32
I really wonder what will come of this two day WOFTAM! I suspect the usual suspects will ensure that amongst various other things there will be......

A call for a Republic.

A treaty between 'Indigenous Australians and the White Population'

A Bill of Rights. (Something which the AG has already dismissed, describing it as allowing the Judiciary to make Legislation):mad:

Lowering of the voting age to 16.

Plus various other 'trendy lefty' wishes. Upon reading the list of names of people invited to attent the 'luvviefest' I noted with more than a little amusement that of the names I recognised, quite a few could be described as belonging to 'the left of the political spectrum.'

Really no different to the Republic Summit of around a decade ago.:*

2b2
18th Apr 2008, 11:06
what a pity Howard's not going ... :)

bad luck fellas!

Pole Vaulter
18th Apr 2008, 11:07
Give it up Frozo. Still cant accept JH lost the election eh. Get over it and accept what Australia voted for.

maximus
18th Apr 2008, 12:07
Give it up Frozo.
Couldn't agree more, even your superior officers think you're a goose :rolleyes:

maximus
18th Apr 2008, 13:51
PAF, you might be surprised who I know in Richmond, and no matter who or what I am, they still think you're a goose. :sad:

Buster Hyman
18th Apr 2008, 15:26
Will they be playing the Benny Hill music at the end? I hope they do...finish on the right note n all....

eagle 86
18th Apr 2008, 23:00
I would like to just see Kev start governing instead of all this self promotion cr@p - c'mon Kev you won - get on with the job! Fuel, groceries, interest rates, rogue RBA boss telling banks to do what they like etc.
GAGS
E86

Pole Vaulter
19th Apr 2008, 00:30
What is the name of this thread "P.A.F. Cant accept the fact that JH lost the election" Its all happened mate. Have a nice glass of water and a valium. You will realise the world has not collapsed since his passing.

Flyingblind
19th Apr 2008, 01:07
AMEN to that Pole Vaulter, JH has been flushed down the u bend of history.

I happened and its long gone.

Move on.

Flying Binghi
19th Apr 2008, 01:18
Some extracts from article Brisbanetimes -

Draped in a possum fur cape, Ngambri elder Matilda House-Williams today welcomed Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and 1,000 delegates to her country for the 2020 Summit.

..."The 2020 summit is a chance for Australians from all walks of life to put towards their ideas for building a modern Australia and for us to get ready for the challenges of the 21st century,'' she said.

...Ms House-Williams said she had worked throughout her life towards making a difference and helping others.
She said she had seen her proud, smart, courageous and good people marginalised and forced to try and make a living on the edges of this rich nation.

Full article at -

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national/brightest-minds-gather-for-2020/2008/04/18/1208025492219.html

tinpis
19th Apr 2008, 01:44
In an article published earlier this week, Blanchett and her summit co-convener, Julianne Schultz, breathlessly explained their goals: “The centrality of creativity to living full and rich lives is what will define the deliberations of the creative stream this weekend.”

The endless desire to keep speaking without making sense is characteristic of the contemporary art world. It may well be one of the side effects of too many Jatz and cheese nights.

......Hitching a ride on the Rudd star may seem like a good strategy at the moment but when the government trips and falls; when it gives off that foul cadaverous smell - as it surely will - Cate and Co will know that they have further entrenched cultural pursuits in the political caper and the artistic community that they represent has been compromised in the process.

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughpound.gif

http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com.au/jacktheinsider/index.php/theaustralian/comments/hands_off_our_cates_cultural_prism/

aussiepilot
19th Apr 2008, 02:01
I think that Kev is banking on the old "1000 Monkeys with 1000 typewriters" theory.

tinpis
19th Apr 2008, 02:11
More important
Anyone got one for the Slipper this arvo? :}

Flying Binghi
19th Apr 2008, 03:49
Just been watching boy blunder talk, apparently He thinks the ideas from the delegates will be like fertilizer to his department :hmm:

... the department will probably look at it as though it were simular to natural fertilizer...........

.... Perhaps he should just sing to his department and they might listen to him.

(P. Garret it is)

gassed budgie
19th Apr 2008, 13:48
Well I couldn't help but snigger when I heard the boy wonder (blunder) state that "we're going to open the windows of our democracy and let in a breath of fresh air". Yeah, right. More like a big stinking pile of ****! So just who did we see attending the 2020 summit today in Canberra? Well I happened to see Lachlan Murdoch making sure he got his head on TV. Just don't mention One-tel. Might give the poor chap some sort of nervous tick or epileptic seizure. Thought I saw Jamie Packer floating by too. Same goes for him. He still winces when he remembers the thought of having to front the old man and explain away the financial fiasco he'd lumbered them all with. Bugger me! Was that Bob Carr? Wonder how the NSW state economy is fairing these days. It was a basket case when he opted out. Smart man though. He got out before the **** really hit the fan. Poor old Morris (he was there to). Is that Pat Dodson with the hat and the beard hiding over there in the corner? Surely not. You know the champion of all indigenous causes and ATSIC. ATSIC as you may well remember was the organisation that rorted and spent more money on it's own bloated and irrelevent bureaucracy and the hangers on within the aboriginal industry, than it ever did on the indigenous population itself. Shameful. David Morgan? Who would have thought. He was MIA when Westpac suffered it's massive loss in the early 90's and nearly went down the toilet. Kerry Packer however, rode to the rescue on his white charger. Made a cool $300Mil out of it too. A bit of prescient thinking there by the big man. He put the money in the bank just in case one of his offspring suffered some sort of massive financial calamity. Just as well.
Geez! There goes Cate Blanchett. Must get her autograph. Well, maybe not. What was the name of that stinker of a movie she made with thingamebob? It was that forgetable I can't remember.
Corinne Grant? WTF? One could go on and on, but I won't.
The only person I heard speak with any sort of common sense or honesty was the youth worker who appeared on the ABC news. He was very dubious about anything being agreed on at all at the summit. When interviewed later on in the day, he basically suggested it was a waste of his effort and time in being there.
As has been said elsewhere all of the politiacins, bureaucrats, actors, journalists, business movers and shakers, high profile sports men and women and various celebrities have over the years already had their say and their oppotunity to present their own ideas. Some have been pushing the same barrow for years. Breath of fresh air? Rubbish.
Yet again the average person on the street has been left out and doesn't have a voice. Can you really expect there to be anything fresh or new presented to the nation when it is noted who is actually attending the gabfest? I'm afraid not. Give it six months and all will be forgotten.

Flyingblind
19th Apr 2008, 14:24
Has this thread been hijacked by some the Liberal party's fan boyz again?

Guys....at least Rudd's trying..........so you didn't get an invite get over it!

What did the last guy do....talk to his Ministers and paid advisor's?....no.

He spoke to his family.....what could 4 possibly 6 family members tell him how to run the country for ALL Australians that his own highly paid staff could not.

Look where he his now, an old has been that history (and his party) will not be kind too.

Australia has over 21 Million people currently living and working here, we need a national conversation to rediscover what we want in Australia's future to progress and develop as a nation. Weather or not the currant incumbants act on the outcomes is up to them.....but at least they tried.

Wheres the aviation in this useless thread?

maximus
19th Apr 2008, 15:13
Don't tell me all you people watched this on television today. That old saying about getting a life could apply here. It was a lovely saturday (well at least here in FNQ) so I played golf followed by several beers and home for a curry and a few more beers. Much more enjoyable than TV I can assure you. :ok:

tinpis
19th Apr 2008, 21:13
This update from Annabel Crabb
We approve of Annabel dont we capt Grumpy?

Live Summit Blog

They're all about to break for lunch.
The Members' Hall has a huge table in each corner, piled high with cardboard lunch boxes with a little metal sign atop the pile identifying the lunches as ``Beef'', Chicken'', or ``Vegetarian''.
After a hard morning of thought, the best and brightest will be here any minute.
It's been a gruelling morning, by all accounts, as participants struggle for memorability in a tight field.

The soon-to-be-ex Governor General, Michael Jeffery, turned up to the opening ceremony accompanied by an 80,000-year-old block of ice.
It signified the ``secrets of the past''.
It also made him look very young.
No-one is sure exactly what happened to the ice after the opening ceremony.
Hopes that it might resurface in a late afternoon round of Secrets Of The Past Frozen Daiquiries seemed dashed by the general inclination of just about everybody here against binge drinking.
Already, a huge quantity of butchers' paper seems to have been sacrificed to the cause of 2020, despite early if slightly querulous promises from the Prime Minister's office that none would be involved.
In the Communities group, led by Tim Costello, great drifts of it have already been plastered to the walls, full of aspirational messages and nagging rhetorical questions.
``How do we achieve a vision of inclusivity?'' and so on.
The great thing about this sort of language is that it can be rearranged and read backwards, forwards or any which way and it still means roughly the same thing.
``How do we include a vision of achievement?''
``How do we envision an achievement of inclusion?''
After the ``small groups'' session of the Communities group, the facilitator told participants: ``We've asked you to turn the challenges into the big questions''.
Totally reversible. Try it.
Posted by Annabel Crabb
April 19, 2008 1:08 PM
LATEST COMMENTS

http://blogs.smh.com.au/newsblog/archives/annabel_crabb/017957.html?page=fullpage#comments

tinpis
19th Apr 2008, 23:03
...wait theres more....
From capt Grumpys favourite..

Sam Mostyn again:

We have so much to learn from people who were here prior to the First Fleet arriving.

Well, we do, if only we could find some people that old.

A health workgroup reports back with five of its best ideas, including this one:

Cities where we can come to Parliament House on foot.

To break the blather, Muldoon throws to Hugh Jackman, roving the crowd with a microphone. Jackman and an Aboriginal man then sing From Little Things Big Things Grow. I feel my future being built. Back to the fourth panel spokeswoman, who takes less than 60 seconds to summon up what her panel came up with:

We should reach for the stars… Everybody’s suffering is our busines and we should reduce that.

And with that, and not a single idea, she’s finished. And we’re back to Jackman in the crowd with his mic. He asks one woman what was the highlight of the day:

Meeting you.

.and..

Reader Mike:

It’s like Nimbin in suits.

Ya couldnt make it up...http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughpound.gif

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/watching_the_summit/

Dark Knight
19th Apr 2008, 23:48
All the usual suspects sitting around blowing smoke up each others fundamental orifices!

DK

Capt.Grumpy
20th Apr 2008, 00:42
..wait theres more....
From capt Grumpys favourite..

hmmm.........I don't think I have ever read one of Ms. Crabbes articles. After some research I find she writes for the SMH a paper I read frequently I just haven't bothered to read her. Alas tinpis I have to disappoint you (again) but you shouldn't assume for you no what they say about assuming :ok:

tinpis
20th Apr 2008, 01:26
Felt sorry for Julia this morn
On Insiders her make-up job made her look like Brendan Nelson :uhoh:

Flying Binghi
20th Apr 2008, 01:34
The Illywacker summit of 2008

Had to turn off the TV. Matilda House-Williams made some interesting comments in the opening, but the summit was mostly downhill from there...

Think I might have voted for the wrong lot :O - trouble is there is nothing better.

My idea -
We've got the twitering clowns in one place - Send in the army to surround canberra, wall it off and leave them to it... endlessly discusing how to build a nation.... Lord only knows how we got this far :rolleyes:

Flying Binghi
20th Apr 2008, 01:38
tinpis, I just got through reading the Bolt blog on the summit - it is hilarious :D

boofta
20th Apr 2008, 01:57
My wife heard Julia Gillard talking in the background while I was watching
TV.
Quote the wife "is that Pauline Hanson on the TV?
Goodness she sounds more like Pauline than Pauline"

God help Australia!

tinpis
20th Apr 2008, 02:09
I sorta get the feeling that Julia is getting a little tired of the KEVSTOCK 08 farce and would like to get down to doing something they were elected to do.

...and more from Bolt..

Insiders’ Barrie Cassidy this morning discussed with Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard only one fresh summit idea - about the only one he could find, I suspect: Teaching children at school how to choose the best mobile phone package.

Glad we got 1000 “best and brightest” together to save the country with ideas like that.

and...

Tim Fischer reads out the latest resolution of his committee:

Children should be encouraged to grow something real.

Fischer suggests a lettuce. A wet one, I presume.

finally...

One of the delegates says he is 19. The room bursts out into a round of applause.

OMFG...

teresa green
20th Apr 2008, 02:13
Does anybody know who is representing Aviation at the summit in CBR this weekend? Is it the Chief Pilot from QF, JQ, VG or all three. Is there anybody there from the flying schools? Perhaps from the Pilot and Owners Assoc? From the regionals perhaps? Please don't tell me it is only Dick Smith and CASA.:ugh:

eagle 86
20th Apr 2008, 02:58
Speaking of Pauline - did she get an invite? Ooops, sorry no she wouldn't - she represents the 50% who are right of centre!!
GAGS
E86

BombsGone
20th Apr 2008, 05:37
Geoff Dixons there! I'm sure he has the best interests of aviation at heart.:(

Buster Hyman
20th Apr 2008, 05:59
Now, where are the Chasers in all this? Have they done anything at all here? Rich pickings IMHO.

Or, are they too basking in that Ruddy glow that currently eminates from the new centre of the Universe???:hmm:

Stationair8
20th Apr 2008, 06:03
I just love seeing my taxes at work!

Pinky the pilot
20th Apr 2008, 06:23
It is indeed a 'mass debate!!':*

I wonder how many ATCs this huge wankfest could have paid for?:ugh:

tio540
20th Apr 2008, 06:35
Why does "I have a vision for Australia's future - RUDD", need actors and journalists to help him with that vision?

Just because you have starred in an Uncle Toby's commercial, does it make you one of the 1000 brightest in Aus.

I guess that is why some academics withdrew from the summit, they could see the direction it was headed.

Stationair8
20th Apr 2008, 06:46
I spoke to Teflon Kev at the Wankfest 2008 and he took on most my ideas for aviation and that included:

1. From 2008 no GA pilot shall live in poverty and he endorses a minimum wage for a Cessna C206 pilot in Northern Australia of $52,000 plus super etc and a 38 hour week.

2. No GA pilot will spend more than six months flying a single engine aircraft before progressing into a multi-engine aircraft.

3. The entire Australian GA fleet of ****boxes will be scrapped and replaced with new equipment asap, which will include working avionoics, EFIS and air-conditioning as minimum.

4. All GA pilot housing on remote communities will include Foxtel/Austar so pilots don't have to endure Imparja TV .

5. Each GA pilot will be issued with his/her own IFR approved GPS and laptop computer.

6. Grade3 Instructors base rate of $52,000 plus super, Grade2 base rate $62,000 plus super, Grade1 base rate $72,000 plus super and a CFI starting from $100,000 plus super.

7. Like wise aircraft engineers will be offered more dollars, increase apprentice intake across Australia.

8. To keep Maxine happy I said we can do with a few more women in aviation to keep it all equal etc.

Kev007 thanked me for my presences at Wankfest 2008 and my valuable contribution to this great gathering of minds.

teresa green
21st Apr 2008, 04:34
Tinpis, I swear blind JG looks more like this old turtle that hangs around my tinnie on the Currimbin creek. Take the shell off and she looks the same.:}

Capt Wally
21st Apr 2008, 05:58
......Julia Gillard, hmmmm isn't she 'Baron' endorsed?:E

The only trouble with the 'Wankfest' is what next?:bored: How can you top the biggest waste of tax payers money we have seen for a long time!

What will the next foreign people be like towards us we they take over this land & say sorry many years latter & plunging us back to the dark ages of awful T&C's? ........... Oh I forgot their already here doing just that under the guise of CEO's!:bored:,

CW

Stationair8
21st Apr 2008, 07:53
You couldn't go Capt Wally, because you would have to leave early in case they needed you to appear in RFDS on Sunday night.

ps Capt Wally you going have a serious talk to the young bloke from Dubbo all he was worried about was his missus's wedding dress!!!

Capt Wally
21st Apr 2008, 08:21
yeah 'stationair8' yr right, me thinks am gunna have to take to this Dubbo guy with a base ball bat!:bored: One of the funniest things I ever heard from a legal eagle (lawyer) was ...............the next time you want to get married just go outside & when you bump into the first women you come across on the street buy her a house & get it out of yr system !:E Good advice that esspecially to pilots!

Now I must be away here, the TV director wants a low flyby in a Nomad.....whoooops wrong series !:E

CW:)

tinpis
24th Apr 2008, 03:07
Now, get back to work, the lot of you (http://blogs.news.com.au/jackmarxlive/index.php/news/comments/now_get_back_to_work_the_lot_of_you/)

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughinggr.gif

When Labour deliver the next budget they should put some money aside to buy Kevin a personality. Kevin gestures like a muppet and can`t even remember a good night out on the piss. Hawky please come out of retirement and help Kevin as he is an embarrasment to Australia`s image abroad and he looks too much like a white chinaman.
Hunter gatherer of Sydney (Reply)
Tue 22 Apr 08 (01:48pm)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/tinpis/anim_cryingwithlaughter.gif