PDA

View Full Version : get JAA and FAA

Macky2
8th Apr 2008, 18:35
Hello! Somebody know any flight school where It could possible get both FAA and JAA ratings? Thanks in advance!

Wilton Shagpile
8th Apr 2008, 20:28
You should really do a search on here........but, seeing as you asked, European Flight Training in Florida is one of many.

BlueSkyAir
9th Apr 2008, 04:35
Hello. Please contact me for information and enrollment in FAA/JAA flight schools in the USA. The schools have housing on site and potential financial assistance. [email protected]

Shunter
9th Apr 2008, 06:39
Could I just ask WTF posts like that are in aid of? It's a FORUM. Just post the info and be helpful to everyone, that's kinda the point! I'm sure the locations of dual syllabus schools aren't national secrets.

You've got the likes of OFT, OBA, Naples in Florida, and AAA in San Diego. A JAA PPL can be easily (and at no cost) used to get an FAA PPL. Just call into a local FSDO (with an appointment, obviously!) with the required documentation and they'll do it on the spot, at no charge. The same cannot be said converting the other way.

If you want a standalone FAA PPL you could mention this to the school and they could build the FAA requirements into the training. The FAA PPL confers night flying privileges, for example.

It's not quite so easy for the CPL, but I'm guessing you're not at that stage yet?