PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS

Glamgirl
8th Apr 2008, 15:21
Hi folks,

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong bit (mods feel free to move if needed).

My question to the clever and technical people of the world goes as follows:

I have an R4 chip for my Nintendo DSLite. It already has 26 games on it (some completely useless, like pokemon). I have a thingumajig that came in a box with the chip, to enable me to download new games.

The question(s) is though... firstly, how do I delete the games I don't want? And secondly, how do I download new games and from where?

I bought the chip thingy in Singapore, and silly me didn't look for an instruction manual/leaflet. Whence the question here.

Thanking you all in advance for any help. Please bear in mind that I'm female and blond, so technical stuff needs simple words...:O

Gg

Bushfiva
8th Apr 2008, 15:35
The question(s) is though... firstly, how do I delete the games I don't want?

The R4 card has a little memory card inserted in it. Remove that memory card, place it in the adapter thingummy. Plug that into a computer. After a few seconds, it will appear as a new disc drive. Simply delete the files you don't want. The file names may not clearly indicate the games they contain.

And secondly, how do I download new games and from where?

I guess I'd probably search the internet for terms such as "DS" and "ROMs", possibly... You may or may not notice most file names begin with a number. This will help you to match games to file names in future.

Bravo73
8th Apr 2008, 16:13
Ah, good ol' software piracy.

Are we allowed to promote that on PPRuNe now? :mad:

green granite
8th Apr 2008, 16:17
Why not, it's NOT an offence to talk about it. :E

planecrazy.eu
8th Apr 2008, 16:47
I read about this ages ago, but forgot...

Now i am thinking, i want one =)

So where do i get one from?

Dont want to upset the rules, so if anyone wants to PM me with some help, i would appreciate it.

Games at £30 a pop are killing my poor student budget...