PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to get a security pass

The Dodger
8th Apr 2008, 15:04
I was wondering if any good soul out there, knows how long it takes for BAA to approve security clearances nowadays, for engineers. I am having to go through the process at the moment, so that I can finally start working for my new company. So far it's taking ages for the clearences to come through. Does anyone know how long it takes. As it's starting to annoy me.:mad:

Mr.Brown
8th Apr 2008, 15:56
How long is a piece of string????
It all depends, if you've been contracting and a have been with many different agencies over a period of time eg. five years of six months contracts with 10 different agencies can be a nightmare....

Vortechs Jenerator
8th Apr 2008, 19:00
If you are a known terrorist it can take forever:8

The Dodger
9th Apr 2008, 13:22
Thanks for the advice Mr B. I have just finished in the RAF and would have thought, considering my background in the Military, that I would not have had too much of an issue with security checks. However it looks like I'm wrong on that one. Cheers again.

EGT Redline
9th Apr 2008, 14:19
No preferential treatment irrespective of background when it comes to airside passes I'm afraid. You have to go through the motions just like everybody else. It can take some time to process, frustrating I know but we've all been there.

The Dodger
10th Apr 2008, 09:07
Just got a phone call from my new boss, saying my pass is ready for collection:). Looks like paitence is needed for something like this.

Mr.Brown
10th Apr 2008, 15:01
Enjoy "civi street"