PDA

View Full Version : Plane Tales From The Raj

dragon330
8th Apr 2008, 14:32
Wide bodied a/c are sitting idle in India.

Word on the block is that Air India and Jet Airways are in the mire. The latter particularly so because the former are about to poach their most experienced B777 Captains, reputedly on double their present salaries. To add to these woes, Kingfisher are poaching both the Captains and F/O's for their forthcoming A345 ops with promises of vastly better terms and conditions.

As if this wasn't bad enough, the bulk of the expat force at Jet have been greatly alienated by recent erosions of their T's and C's by an inept and myopic management. Plans to launch new long haul routes to Shanghai and San Francisco have already been postponed, and in any case, may be academic in view of the pitiful state of Indian airports and ATC, allied to a very imminent acute lack of pilots.

glad rag
8th Apr 2008, 14:41
Wide bodied a/c are sitting idle in India.

don't tell greybeard....:}

fantom
8th Apr 2008, 20:11
Not surprised. The paperwork is a nightmare and they don't follow-up on enquiries.

Must admit: the British taught them administration...

My mate in Jet said simply: 'don't go'.

f

highcirrus
8th Apr 2008, 21:42
Yes, Jet Airways is in a bit of a mess. Goal posts are moved on an almost daily basis, continual crisis management, salary now way behind the Asian competition and heads firmly in the sand so that the looming captain shortage can’t be seen. Ah … Incredible India!

dragon330
9th Apr 2008, 11:06
I see there's more on the South Asia Far East forum.

Anotherpost75
9th Apr 2008, 11:31
I spoke with a couple of the Jet Airways guys recently transiting Brussels from Bombay and they seemed mightily p*ssed by the new allowance regime that has been foisted on them out of the blue. Now they are rostered by Jet to spend time in hotels either twiddling their thumbs or on hotel standby and do not receive any per diem payments as “the company needs to save money”. Salary also now well down compared with similar carriers. I guess if you see any pilots begging on the Brussels streets, you’ll know which airline they’re from!

The cry goes up, “Why is it the pilots who have to save the money out of their pockets when a useless management haemorrhages company cash on a daily basis due its own incompetence?”

Meanwhile, Hainan Airlines has an immediate requirement for 40 A330 Captains to start yesterday on USD13,500 per month, Brussels based. Guess which pilots are applying in droves?!:ok:

dragon330
9th Apr 2008, 18:50
Rumours of imported expertise on the way. Who remembers M de V?

fantom
9th Apr 2008, 21:25
I know fifty current 320/330 pilots ready and willing to go to India. None will apply because of the dificulties in 'security' checks.

I will not mention the absurd alcohol rules.

Did I mention that? Sorry.

f

highcirrus
9th Apr 2008, 21:52
dragon330

Relax, Maurice has already been, screwed it up and been spat out the other end. However, there are plenty of others currently passing through the ever revolving management door, equally intent on mayhem.