PDA

View Full Version : stay in Bahrain

mave
3rd Sep 2001, 22:33
What to do in Bahrain during my stay? :confused:

aristotle
4th Sep 2001, 01:19
Plenty....

Go to the National Museum, walk along the shore, visit the old city, go shopping for rugs, eat Lebanese/Turkish/Middle Eastern cuisine, see the Tree of Life, the dhow workshops, the burial mounds.....

Enjoy!

BahrainLad
4th Sep 2001, 12:17
Trader Vic's at the Royal Meridien.....fabulous food and cocktails....

JJs Irish Corner (now under new managment) for boozing and BJs (next door) for clubbing....also the Warbler, Savage Garden, Fiddler's Green etc etc.

Shopping at Seef Mall.

callyoushortly
4th Sep 2001, 14:23
Go to the Grand Mosque.

Try out the Japanese restaurant at the Hilton for an excellent meal, if a little pricey.

Try your hand at bartering in the souq, especially the gold and silver souqs, can't beat them.

Go surfing, sailing, jetskiing etc etc at Hawar Island.

If history is your thing, go and see the Beit al Quran, the Bab al Bahrain, Sheikh Isa's house, Riffa fort.

Take a ride across the King Fahad causeway to the Saudi border, the view from the watch tower at the border is pretty good, and the foods not bad either.

BTW, I've been to Bahrain many times now, and still not managed to find the Tree of Life..... any tips?

Icarus
4th Sep 2001, 15:28
Tree of Life, head out to Riffa Golf Club and hang a right! Great for BBQ's out there too (in the evening).

ironbutt57
5th Sep 2001, 14:31
If you're a PADI diver contact the local dive shop to arrange for a one-day, two dive trip to obtain your pearl diver speciality from padi...available only here

williamsf1
5th Sep 2001, 17:22
hey ironbutt57,

can you give me an email regarding DHL in Bahrain....

any help would be great!!

[email protected]

CaptA320
9th Sep 2001, 11:07
Hay Ironbutt57,
Congrat's man just had a DHL guy on the gumpseat the other day to ATH and he told me you got your command on the 75. Well done, hopefully one day we'll get together for a cold one.
Best regards
A320 :)

JoeCo
11th Sep 2001, 08:04
IB57,

Could you pass on more info about the diving?

Please and Thanks!!