PDA

View Full Version : Airline Ticketing

k991
8th Apr 2008, 10:49
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I just wondered if anyone could help me, I wanted to know how I would go about becoming an airline ticketer in an airline. (Not in a travel agents, but a n airport.)

Thanks,

Akida ;)

k991
8th Apr 2008, 11:02
I would also like to know just how much is a reasonable amount to have to pay to obtain these qualifications. And just how long on average does it take. Also, is there a certain age one has to be to start studying or applying 4 these courses/ jobs. I would also like to know what the average annual income for this job is. ( airline ticketing)

Thanx a million

:O

renfrew
8th Apr 2008, 20:01
In the past you started in reservations or check-in and got promoted to the ticket desk.A great deal of expertise and experience was required and the airline provided the necessary training.
However this job is gradually disappearing and paper tickets will disappear soon,replaced by e-tickets.I understand there are no dedicated ticket desks as such in Terminal 5.
I get the impression airlines want customer service staff to be jacks of all trades.This is all very well,but when any disruption occurs enormous queues build up since the expertise has gone.