PDA

View Full Version : Who moves threads

feddup
8th Apr 2008, 09:28
I have P.M.ed the three moderators of D&G asking why a thread I posted regarding the JETSTAR (an RPT AIRLINE the last time I looked) pilot group was moved to the D&G GA area.

No reply so far.... any one know what gives?

Capt Wally
8th Apr 2008, 09:43
Many in here have had threads simply dissapear or moved. Mods although are needed to some degree do have the ultimate power to censor/ remove/move threads/posts based on what THEY believe to be unsuitable/necesary. Obvioulsy there are guidlines but even they are open to interpretations sometimes by the masses.

CW

tipsy2
8th Apr 2008, 10:02
Not the old "Standardisation of Moderator actions" again. Hasn't happened for 14 or so years so it's just not going to happen any time soon.:=

Never been able to either work out/findout why not but I've seen many PPRuNer's kicked off/banned or whatever for simply wondering why there is a lack of standardisation.

This thread will probably be locked with an attendant pronouncement from on high sometime soon.:\

Don't worry about it, nobody else does:ugh:

tipsy:ok:

Enema Bandit's Dad
8th Apr 2008, 10:27
They banned my son permanantly whilst others that got banned are let back on. All he did was accuse someone of being a brown nose. Hardly worth banning someone for. :mad:

THE IRON MAIDEN
8th Apr 2008, 10:52
you all know the Pprune rules

No bagging of Qantas, Virgin, :mad:, Tiger, Rex
No bagging of GA operators
No bagging of pilots
No fales rumors
No true rumors
although there is some hope. we can bag the media :ok:

and lets not forget that Dick Smith Season is open from March - November.

PyroTek
8th Apr 2008, 13:06
yeah, i notice alot of my posts gets deleted.. (watch this space ... disappear)...
I just turn a blind eye, unless my post had relevance.. then i might get slightly annoyed..

Pyro

wombat four
8th Apr 2008, 13:22
Skystar,

I agree totally, also, they claim to have started, a thread, when they didn't.

wommera, didn't start the most popular thread, but the guy who did , can,t get back in to prove it, because the mod's, won't let him.

20,000 plus and over 1,000,000 Pax.

Wake up danny, or, who ever owns this site.

wombat four

G-ZUZZ
8th Apr 2008, 14:16
what is it, with, you, and, commas,?

Tell me you're not a pro-pilot.....

Monopole
8th Apr 2008, 16:26
Who moves threads
And
any one know what gives?
And you still haven't learnt.....................
Both of these are questions that should rightfully be moved to the GA and Questions forum :E:E:E

Oakape
8th Apr 2008, 17:55
Perhaps it would work better if GA & Questions was split into two seperate forums.

Two-Tone-Blue
8th Apr 2008, 17:59
I'll be dead soon.

I just called God [a Moderator and a 747 driver] arrogant .... :(

Please forgive me, I'm only a humble paying prole ... these days.

Tidbinbilla
8th Apr 2008, 19:42
Feddup I did not receive a PM from you. That's why you haven't received a reply.

In answer to your question, we moderators move threads to where we think are appropriate forums.

This forum is for airline news. Questions about airline labour groups, pilot councils, T&C's etc go to D&G GA & Questions unless it is in the news. The title of the GA & Questions forum is a bit of a misnomer but it basically is for anything from Oz/NZ except airline news.

Your answer lies in the third paragraph, Feddup.

TID

feddup
8th Apr 2008, 23:42
Tidbinbilla.

My apologies to you. I just checked my sent box and my PM to you didn't go (the other two did and I have a reply).

I guess I misinterpreted.....

"The place for students, instructors and charter guys"

and

"Airline and RPT issues in Australia and enZed"

I'll try to be more carefull in future.

BAe32EP-Chief
8th Apr 2008, 23:55
But.........Still remains to why threads's / post disappear when they do have to do with Australia / NZ aviation.wombat four - I had to laugh at Skystar's post and his subsequent picture update but I dont think someone saw the funny side. Anyway I am off for a coffee and a headache pill, got a bit bumpy last night. I suggest some other people here do that as well*hint*

BAe32EP-Chief
8th Apr 2008, 23:57
feddup - dont apologise where we live its a democracy [freedom of speech!]

Tidbinbilla
9th Apr 2008, 00:27
Feddup - no apology necessary.

Bae32 - Threads disappear for any number of reasons. One of these being if the originator chooses to do so. As mods we face a number of challenges in this job. One of which is sorting the wheat from the chaff and keeping D&G running. You weren't around when these forums were closed on several occasions because of people running off the rails and leaving Danny legally vulnerable. We will do our best to keep things running smoothly. If that upsets a few in the minority then so be it.

Which leads me to respond to your final statement: feddup - dont apologise where we live its a democracy [freedom of speech!]PPRuNe is NOT a democracy. It is a privately owned and operated service to the aviation fraternity. The rules are clearly stated when you sign up. Furthermore I stickied a copy of the TEN THINGIES http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=242994&highlight=thingies
on all D&G forums for a couple of months quite recently. Had you taken the time to read them you would have found this in the second rule.

If you are unwilling or incapable of following a few simple guidelines for the benefit of all who view these forums, you are most welcome to start your own.:)

TID

BAe146200
9th Apr 2008, 01:42
*posted on behalf of BAe 32 Chief*Then why put a tempory ban on myself for being curious to what exactly are out right's from what I see my below post has done nothing 'illegal' execpt post my own views of thinking this is a democracy!

Capt Wally
9th Apr 2008, 01:55
BAe I think yr wasting yr time debating with a Mod. Power is a drug!

TID if PPRUNE is NOT a democracy then why have it listed for access by people who DO live in a democractic world?

CW

BAe146200
9th Apr 2008, 02:00
I agree - But I beg to differ to WHY I have been placed on a temporary ban for what I have said about being a democracy!!!!!!!!Tin - Can you enlighten? Becuase I am baffeled........ Maybe you were sending me a msg and you clicked the temporary ban insteadNo apologies nessary - just un ban me

Tidbinbilla
9th Apr 2008, 02:33
BAe32 or 146 or whichever handle you choose to use. You have not been banned at all. I just checked your status and it is clear. Perhaps the problem is at your end?

Capt. Wally. Because democracy and forum rules (which you agreed to upon joining) are two separate issues.

Good day. TID.

BAe32EP-Chief
9th Apr 2008, 03:06
Tinpot:Many thanks for re-instating my account as you have / had nothing to “temp ban me” There was nothing wrong at my end – it was you and you know it…..BAe 146 is a friend and while sorting this out used his account

yowie
9th Apr 2008, 06:16
Tid,
Is it possible to let us know where a thread has been moved to?

Capt Wally
9th Apr 2008, 08:40
Careful guys, the Mods will gett off on this & then we shall loose in the long run. Play their game & fit into their communistic rules but we can still tease & be human, unlike some :E!

CW

Capt Claret
9th Apr 2008, 09:20
Geez some of youse 're paranoid.

tipsy2
9th Apr 2008, 09:57
Oi Clarry

Geez some of youse 're paranoid.

No I'm not, I am a cat:E

tipsy:ok:

wombat four
9th Apr 2008, 11:03
what is it, with, you, and, commas,?

Suggest you go back to school and have some more education, particually in Grammar.

No comma, before a question mark.
Your comment , should read, " What is it with you and a comma ? "

A comma, is a punctuation mark, separating parts of a sentence, nor is it plural !

Your last comment.

Been there, done that.

Retired Boeing Captain .

I would also like to add, that I have flown and owned many light aircraft and have also flown the following types, DC-3, F-27, DC-9, B737, B-727,
L-188, B-29, PBY, B-24, B-25, T-6, T-28, P-51.

All I can say to you is, UP YOURS!

The italics, deliberately left out.

Manducat Radices Floria

wombat four

PPRuNe Towers
9th Apr 2008, 12:02
Here's what you signed up for guys:

. . . reserves the right to remove a post which does not relate to the topic being discussed in the forum. In addition, PPRuNe reserves the right to organise discussion forums in order to best serve the majority of our members. For example, narrow-interest or minimal activity topics may, at our discretion, be relocated to a more appropriate discussion forum, or deleted entirely.

. . . reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.

Some of you really like to sign up a lot and will have seen those words several times........

Upshot of all this is: Mods aren't just mods - they are editors as well. Just too much traffic for hands off modding and it's reflected clearly in the quote above. Now some people don't like that and it's fair enough - an entirely valid viewpoint.

At some point they will find a site that suits their viewpoint and good luck to them we say. There's also vast choice of newspapers and news programmes for you to chose from and exactly the same goes for forums. We really wouldn't have it any other way because it's you that decides where you want to go.

Regards
Rob

Peter Fanelli
9th Apr 2008, 19:53
So by what criteria did the "Is YCAB the crappiest airport....."
thread need to be moved to Jetblast???

Tidbinbilla
9th Apr 2008, 21:15
Ba32. You were not, I repeat - NOT banned, by me or any other mod.

Get over it mate. You're starting to sound like a troll, and you could be banned for that. Your call.:)

Yowie, most threads have a redirect, either permanent or expiring when they are moved.

I think this thread has run its course.

TID.