PDA

View Full Version : Unpainted aircraft landing at LGW 7-April

The Flying Game
8th Apr 2008, 05:31
Hi
On my travels yesterday I saw 3 aircraft (one was I am sure an Airbus) all in white landing at LGW. There were no logos on the tail fin or anything. Were they delivery flights or aircraft midway through a scheme change?

Thanks

Martin

Hotel Mode
8th Apr 2008, 08:12
GB airways aircraft I suspect.

vespasia
8th Apr 2008, 12:35
A few candidates. Astraeus have one or two B757s in all white at the moment. But most likely are the A319/320/321s of GBL who are now part of Easyjet and in between colour schemes. Loads of these around!

big.al
8th Apr 2008, 12:53
I saw one of those (A321?) in all-white at ACE a couple of weeks back. BA flight number so presumably one of the last GB Airways flights to Lanzarote before they are repainted in dayglow orange.

Just a thought - but is the EZY colour scheme taking the high-viz requirement at UK airports a little bit too far..? I mean, the thing is quite noticeable already, with anti-collision lights, strobes, landing lights etc. Perhaps they should paint a tabard on the top just to be sure..?;)

Phileas Fogg
8th Apr 2008, 15:02
Well if they were unpainted then they wouldn't have white paint on them, they would be in alumininium!

Mercenary Pilot
8th Apr 2008, 16:21
Nobody likes a smart arse!

;)

The Flying Game
8th Apr 2008, 17:44
Thanks for all your input on that.
Phileas Fogg, see me after class! :)

G-TTIC
11th Apr 2008, 21:46
But most likely are the A319/320/321s of GBL who are now part of Easyjet and in between colour schemes. Loads of these around!

There are, indeed, many and it's an interesting sight from the crew bus. The GT aircraft have nothing more than a small sticker beside D1L proclaiming them to be "Operated by easyJet".

Some are all white, others retain the blue belly.

take-off
11th Apr 2008, 22:30
Is blue belly a bit like dehli belly? Ohhh dont want that!!!!!:\:\:\:\ ouch passs me a cushion:uhoh::uhoh:

G-TTIC
11th Apr 2008, 23:15
Yes, I believe flying in the blue-bellied aircraft causes many headaches for the cabin crew.

"So you've been chartered in then?"
"Who do you work for?"
"Ah good, I pay easyJet and they lay on a BA plane."
"Why is it blue?"
"Why is it not orange?"

HeathrowAirport
12th Apr 2008, 20:38
"On my travels yesterday I saw 3 aircraft"

I thought you was talking about MyTravel Airlines then LOL!

BTW: It might be BA Open skies going for a repaint BTW!, If it's 757s!

Regards,

Robbie

Charley B
13th Apr 2008, 12:03
They are like white ghosts going down the approch when its dark,very spooky looking!
Def most are ex GB waiting for their orange bits!!:)

G-TTIC
13th Apr 2008, 15:02
Could be waiting a long time with recent announcements about de-fleeting.

albiej
16th Apr 2008, 12:12
Just back from paphos on easygb, white a321's both ways. Interior still GB except for orange headrests(?) and flight safety info and mag. Inflight entertainment was available both ways (selling headsets a la charter),film and tv progs.Easy had also gone to the trouble of creating their own title pages for IFE. Don't know how long this will last though....