PDA

View Full Version : Wheee!

Sunfish
8th Apr 2008, 04:44
For the first time I did some aero's this morning without feeling crook or scared out of my wits.

Many thanks to "Sylvia's low impact aerobatics" recipe! "3g loops"

Like This - Do That
8th Apr 2008, 07:54
Sunfish! Now you're REALLY flying ..... :D

BTW did you hit your own prop wash?!?!? :p

Goodonya sport

Jabawocky
8th Apr 2008, 08:01
No

He managed to pull such a great wingover the USB plug came out of his laptop!:E

J:ok:

So do we call you Funfish now?;)

Sunfish
8th Apr 2008, 09:16
Unfortunately there was no fog this morning so I had no excuse. Don't know where to put the USB key in the Alpha, or how it would help.

Will schedule another go next week. "Recovery from unusual attitudes" is the current goal, but if it ends up being fun, who knows?

tipsy2
8th Apr 2008, 09:44
Go for it Sunfish. Problem is though after doing aeros for while, Straight & Level becomes an 'unusual attitude".

tipsy:ok:

djpil
8th Apr 2008, 10:53
Good Sunfish. I've always enjoyed rolls with Sylvia.

Ixixly
8th Apr 2008, 12:41
Tipsy2, i have an instructor at my flight training mob who we swear to god, with the amount of aeros he does in a typical training flight, he has lost the ability to do any form of straight and level, so i'm sure he'd agree with you entirely.

I know i do after doing my first lot of loops and rolls and such, was friggin fantastic!!

bluesky300
8th Apr 2008, 23:45
What's straight & level?

tipsy2
9th Apr 2008, 04:46
What's straight & level?

What you do on a taxi way:ok:

tipsy

Millski
11th Apr 2008, 04:32
Yo SunFlog,
What did you enjoy the most the ups and downs or the rolls with Sylvia.
Oh I suggest the best altitude is around 1600 m :p
See you @ 120 Nelson for assessment.

slackie
11th Apr 2008, 05:21
Yeh...there's very little future in "straight and level" unless you're heading for bus driving...ahhh...I mean....airline flying.
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjyQlgRnqLs

Lasiorhinus
11th Apr 2008, 06:28
Good Sunfish. I've always enjoyed rolls with Sylvia.

Lucky Sylvia..:E

Capt Wally
11th Apr 2008, 06:49
geeeeeez 'sunfish' yr a brave man:D, I never liked aero's, unless I was on the ground with transmitter in hand, then I'll make a 1/4 scale pilot sick as a dog !:) I've been leaving thr ground trying to stay upright for around 30 yrs, doing upside down even the birds would be saying WTF!:E

I used to work on planes & that put me off right there & then !
each to their own I guess, like skydiving, why?:bored:

CW

Mr Bomb
11th Apr 2008, 10:03
Sunfish,
I am sure you will find that in a flight or two you will be pulling 4-5G manouvres with no problems at all. G tolerance seems to build up fairly quickly in most people. Keep at it mate, it is the most fun you can have with your pants on. Mind you if I had have had a "Sylvia" instructing me in aerobatics, perhaps I could rephrase that last point!

Cheers
Mr B.

neville_nobody
11th Apr 2008, 10:08
That guy in the vid should find himself a hemmeroid cream as a sponsor after seeing all the straining he was doing during those maneuvers :}:E

However on a serious note I too wasn't a fan of aeros however I believe it should be taught at a very early stage in your flying training. It is part of the full flight regime and gives you so much more confidence in your own ability, and a better understanding of what is going on. If done early it will also remove the stigma that often comes with aeros and U/A.

I believe that Bob Hoover was a big advocate of teaching aeros early in your training. When he learnt to fly that was the way it was done.

airtags
11th Apr 2008, 11:57
nev & bomb have the right advice - I followed my son a month or so ago when he did an aeros session in the CT4 at Pt Cook. An hour of loops and wing overs, + & - g's .....all good character building stuff!

Get into it early and often -
(.........what was Sylvia's number.........)

PS: 10/10 to the AAFC air experience/adventure pgm and well done to the RAAF who have recently funded the pgm so that now every aafc cadet has the opportunity to experience flying's wild side without paying a cent.

Mark1234
11th Apr 2008, 13:35
Congratulations on retaining your lunch..

Lovely little aeroplane. Not flown it with Sylvia.. but been doing aeros in it for a while. You will build up a tolerance though, both fear and sickness :) just keep doing it regularly. Oddly, it's loops that get me every time - rolls, stall turns and spins - no problem??