PDA

View Full Version : YBAF grave robbers

drunkensailor
8th Apr 2008, 01:52
Just general curiosity, but why would there be several chaps disinterring cadavers out the front of Archer terminal today?

marty1468
8th Apr 2008, 03:05
Maybe:

The airport owners sold the land and the new owners are moving the graveyard.
The airport owners are moving the graveyard before selling the land to a prospective buyer.
The residents of said graveyard petitioned for a better locale as they dont like the management.That seems to be the way things are going.

GFPT
8th Apr 2008, 04:03
Maybe :

4. Grade 1 Instructors are getting very hard to find now days :}

Pole Vaulter
8th Apr 2008, 07:36
The airport owner probably doubled the rent for the residents like he has done to everyone else at the airport and they decided to all move to greener fields.

WannaBeBiggles
8th Apr 2008, 08:02
Maybe :

4. Grade 1 Instructors are getting very hard to find now days :}

Haha! Good call! :D

MakeItHappenCaptain
8th Apr 2008, 09:01
they decided to all move to greener fields

More like been evicted for non payment of fees.
Wait a few days and see if they bulldoze the headstones so the land can stay vacant for the next four years (like the scout building).:(

CEOAAA
9th Apr 2008, 03:45
A survey is being done to identify the number of deceased actually residing in the grave yard - the current estimate is about 100. Seems that it is a part of Queensland history which is being researched in preparation of the 150th birthday bash next year.

Animalclub
9th Apr 2008, 07:43
As a family ancestor lives (lays) in that cemetery at Archerfield Airport can anyone give me any contact details to enable me to find out what is happening? I didn't do the research, it was done by a relative in UK.

This same person (body) has a connection to Kingsford-Smith.

Many thanks.

Flying Binghi
9th Apr 2008, 09:34
Animalclub,

Try Archerfield Airport Corporation - 07 3277 5722

CEOAAA
9th Apr 2008, 22:06
Check your PMs

Animalclub
10th Apr 2008, 03:32
Many thanks FB and CEO

CEO at Archerfield not available but spoke to a Mr Lawrie (sp) who explained that they are preparing the graveyard for 150 year celebration so they are endeavouring to find any bodies in unmarked plots... and establish the area as it used to be.

Any soil removal is to enable censors to be inserted into the ground.

Mr Lawrie did say the name of the celebration but it ounded like a roumanian name - CESCUE or SESQ... me no savvy!

CEOAAA
10th Apr 2008, 05:08
Queensland Sesquicentennail - 150th year for Qld as an independent state from NSW

Animalclub
11th Apr 2008, 03:50
I is dumb! But he did say "sescue"... presumably an abreviation.