PDA

View Full Version : Epic Aviation, Florida - JAA PPL

RingwaySam
7th Apr 2008, 20:40
Hi all,

Currently in the process of looking around at flight schools. I was pointed in the direction of SunState Aviation in Florida but they only do FAA PPLs - They told me check out Epic Aviation.

Has anybody had any past experience with these? I've done a search but it's more to do with renting a/c for hour building rather than JAA PPLs.

Any information would be appreciated :ok:

Sam

TelBoy
7th Apr 2008, 22:24
Sam

It would seem that neither Sunstate or Epic can train Foriegn students. They need to be able to issue form I20 for your M1 Student Visa and will also need to be TSA approved.

Please forgive this post however if you are a US Citizen as it would not then apply to you. Just something else to think about.

US is a great place to fly though and look if FAA qualifications will do for you what you need - what is it you are going to do??

All best with your future flying.

nh2301
8th Apr 2008, 03:16
Does Epic train anyone other than foreign students?

RingwaySam
8th Apr 2008, 11:21
nh2301,

Im not sure. There site isn't the best to get around. Currently waiting for some information off them but im sure they'll confirm.

TelBoy,

Check you're PMs :ok:

Thanks.

IRISHPILOT
8th Apr 2008, 12:25
TB is right, a JAA PPL is, while not completely useless, quite unnecessary and more expensive to say the least. An FTO that tries to make you believe that this is what you needs, will also tell you that you will need to ad a night rating and an RT licence, which, conveniently, they sell.

As you want to do an fATPL after (assuming in JAA land), do an FAA PPL to keep, rather the JAA PPL which you give up a couple of months later.

RingwaySam
8th Apr 2008, 12:34
Cheers all. I'll look into the FAA PPL and like TB said, see if it's for my needs. Thanks again.