PDA

View Full Version : A380 Anoraks Clock Up Miles

BYALPHAINDIA
7th Apr 2008, 19:59
Just being reading about the desperation of some individuals who make it their business to be on the first inaugural flight of a new aircraft.

The article in TTG, Said that some had booked the initial leg SIN - SYD + SIN - LHR + then LHR - SIN.:D

It said this bunch of the 'first flyers' club, Have turned their hobby into an obsession.:bored:

Not content with 1 flight Some completed 4 back to back 13 odd hour flights in economy, four days of living onboard the A380.:zzz:

I bet they missed the homework:}:ugh:

helen-damnation
7th Apr 2008, 20:12
So they're not kiddie fiddlers, terrorists or some other scum of the earth.

And.....

They are keeping some of us in a job :D

Your point is?:confused:

StoneyBridge Radar
7th Apr 2008, 20:37
Well said Helen. :ok:

That aside, they do say, a fool and his money..... ;)

Oh to be so fortunate :p

Stoney

Avman
7th Apr 2008, 20:59
I find that if one wishes to analyse any hobby/passtime/sport, they're all pretty futile or daft in the grand scheme of things.

Skipness One Echo
7th Apr 2008, 22:38
LOL well said Helen, eccentric but harmless always raises a smile. Imagine eleven men chasing a pigs bladder round a grass rectangle....madness :D

fc101
8th Apr 2008, 06:41
Whatever you say about plane spotters and these first-flight enthusiasts, at least they appreciate us and what we do.

ManofMan
8th Apr 2008, 06:47
Why o why o why would someone choose a forum that is specifically set up for said "Anoraks" to slag somebody off with a passion for aircraft.

Firts of all i checked the date to see if it was April the 1st, then i checked if Jeremy Beadle had launched a new web based wind up show from "THE OTHER SIDE", then i realised it was just so sad sad sad individual looking for some attention.

Dont worry son, mummy will be back from bingo soon......

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Apr 2008, 07:30
I worked with several enthusiastic aviation types who spent their lives trying to fly in new aircraft types. One was at the 300-level last I heard. Another got to "fly" an AN-22. Can't be bad!!

FormerFlyer
8th Apr 2008, 09:27
Mr Beadle is dead already.

cheers ;)
FF