PDA

View Full Version : GP - Class 1 Medical

Rugbyears
7th Apr 2008, 16:04
Hi - Is anyone aware if your local GP is contacted by the Medical examiners at the Class 1 Examination if you successfully pass all test.?

Thanks

Shunter
7th Apr 2008, 16:46
No. As a rule it's nothing to do with your GP and they are not contacted.

The exception is if you have a pre-existing medical condition for which the AME/CAA require more detailed background information. For example, I fractured 2 vertabrae in my back in a motorcycle accident years ago which I was honest about on the form. They wouldn't issue my medical until they'd had confirmation of the nature of the injury and treatment from my GP.

Rugbyears
7th Apr 2008, 21:23
Thank you Shunter for your response - I was a little confused, the CAA website clearly states that in most circumstances, an individual would be issued with a C1 Certificate if successful on the day of the medical. Despite this, I had previously been informed by the Medical Receptionist when booking the appointment; one was unable to be issued with a Class 1 Certificate immediately as medical records were required to be assessed.

Right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing syndrome, I assume..!!!!! :ugh:

Shunter
8th Apr 2008, 17:46
I initially got a Class 2 at a local AME when I was doing my PPL. Hence the CAA were more than aware of everything when I showed up at Gatwick for my inital Class 1. Certificate issued and in hand on the day.

If there's no cause for them to require information from your GP, they should issue on the day, especially if you have a morning appointment.