PDA

View Full Version : PPL question and hello

ukcopout
7th Apr 2008, 15:58
Hello,

This is my first post. I started my PPL in the UK about 8 months ago aged 26 and have only managed about 1 lesson per month with work commitments etc however I am doing it purely for the love of it as I enjoy my current job, so time is not important to me. I do as much reading as I can at home using the Pooleys books which I enjoy reading although it can be a bit mindblowing at times :-)

Im travelling to Orlando for 2 weeks this year with my family and have found through this forum, what I have read be, a good flight school called Sunstate Aviation. I would like to fly for a few hours while im out there for the experience more than the hour building side of things. Lessons seem to be a little bit cheaper in the USA with the current good exchange rate. I know you can do a full PPL course in the USA so am I right in assuming that these hours will count towards my PPL in the UK? I can then increase my 'aerodromes visited' to a massive 2 :O

ukcopout
8th Apr 2008, 13:38
Thanks for the information, appreciated.

Mark 1
8th Apr 2008, 14:18
Be careful. Only training at a JAR registered facility or FTO given by the holder of a JAR FI(A) rating can be fully creditted to your training requirements. So you need to check the status of both the organisation and the individual instructor. If you choose to train with a non-JAR organisation or instructor, it may still be useful, but won't neccesarily contribute to your training minima.

You also need to be aware of the visa requirements for flight training in the US. A search in the Private Flying forum should yield the information that you need.