PDA

View Full Version : Flybe- PTC Cadetship ?????

Trevor Macken
7th Apr 2008, 12:34
Has anyone any experience of this? Are you guaranteed a position in a RHS providing you keep up the min standard? Advice and opinions appreciated.....

TM

Yahweh
7th Apr 2008, 12:57
Trevor,

I don't think there are any guarantee's in life and I would be very wary about any training organisation that provided them :=

99jolegg
7th Apr 2008, 13:12
Something a bit dubious about this scheme...

When you apply, you enter your forename, surname, email address, country of residence, whether or not you already have your Class 1 medical (or you'd like them to arrange one for you) and you choose a date period of when you are able to apply.

On that information, they then say:

"Thank you for applying for the Flybe Mentored Cadetship Programme Assessment Test. We will contact you shortly to inform you whether your application for an assessment has been successful."

:rolleyes:How could they make a judgement on whether you are suitable for assessment on that information...unless it's a postcode lottery. Either that or they have a penchant for a select few forenames :E

Trevor Macken
7th Apr 2008, 14:16
Yahweh...

I believe taxes and death can be guaranteed, although not always in that particular order....:p

Yahweh
7th Apr 2008, 15:58
Agree with you on taxes but I plan on living forever :E

9Haviator
9th Apr 2008, 19:23
I had sent my contact address in order to submit my application to hope to be sponsored. However the F*** up is you have to pay aroun 300 euros for their excellency to see you and MAYBE give u a chance to sit infront of FLYBE personel and MAYBE choose you out of all those hundreds. All they take in are 18 each time according to the correspondance I recieved from the respective school that is promoting the Cadet scheme.

Well I rather spend 300 Euro on building up more hours than to some jerk off school.

my 2 cents..

Platinum206
9th Apr 2008, 19:57
some jerk off school
How mature!

I believe taxes and death can be guaranteed, although not always in that particular order.
I beleive some of the brookfield guys may wish to argue the point on the taxes there! :O

Back to the matter at hand,

From what I'm told there is of course no guarantee of a position at the end of the course. Supposing you are accepted, FlyBE monitor your progress to the end. I don't know the exact ins and outs of it but you would need to show good progress etc. If at the time your finished your training, and FlyBE are still recruiting, you will be top of the list to be accepted.

I think its important to note that this is a mentored scheme and not a sponsored scheme as was mentioned. You pay for your training yourself (not sure about type or mcc though)

Although its too late for me in regard to this course, its still a positive development in that PTC has now got a relationship or link if you will with another airline that they can reccomend pilots to.

(I'll remember to pay special attention to that "3 green, 1 in the mirror" call if I may end up on a Q400!)